moving on

06 Apr 2015 01:20 #1 by archer
moving on was created by archer
I haven't been in MMT in a while, not since football season ended. It has been a busy time for us. We have sold our home in Evergreen, and with both sadness and anticipation we are moving on.....to Creede, Colorado. It is still a mountain town, I believe we will be at 9000 feet there, so if we can arrange for some sort of internet access I hope to have more on-line time. I certainly will find a way to participate in the pick 5 in the fall! Thanks to all I have been friends with, engaged with, sparred with, and learned from. I love this community and will miss all it has to offer, but Creede is a new adventure....and I will once again be near the water. We can literally dip our feet in the Rio Grande River from our patio....Mr Archer, an avid fisherman is in heaven, and I, who grew up on the water, feel like I'm coming home.

archer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Apr 2015 05:47 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic moving on
Good luck in Creeds. Sounds wonderful.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 Apr 2015 05:55 #3 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic moving on
Creede is a great mountain town and historic mining district. Can have some very cold spells in winter, but you'll probably be in AZ for that. As Fred said, enjoy.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

06 Apr 2015 09:53 #4 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic moving on
I wish you the best on your new adventure archer! I hope you can make it back sometime for a visit, but if I can ever make it that way I'll shoot you a message and maybe we can do lunch or something! I feel like we missed too many opportunities to hang out while you were here, but I'm happy for you in your new city. Keep us posted with how life is in Creede! :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 Apr 2015 10:36 #5 by cydl
Replied by cydl on topic moving on
Beautiful country there. Good for you!

06 Apr 2015 14:45 #6 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic moving on
I'm jealous archer, that's a beautiful part of this beautiful State! Congratulations and best wishes to you and the mister as you enter into this new chapter of your lives.

For your soon to be new home, an ancient Irish blessing . . .

May the walls be filled with laughter,
may it reach from floor to rafter.
May the roof keep out the rain,
may sunshine warm each windowpane.
And may the door be open wide
to let the Good Lord's love inside.

Godspeed archer, may health and happiness be your constant companions.

06 Apr 2015 14:49 #7 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic moving on
Best wishes, Archer!

Enjoy, and catch a few fish for me! :)

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

06 Apr 2015 16:56 #8 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic moving on
Hey Arch! Have fun and catch alot of fish. I think Pagosa Springs isn't too far from there, great place for R&R too.

I love traveling thru there on the way back from Durango, Pagosa, Wolf creek pass, Creede to Lake city, Gunnison. Nice area!

Cheers!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

06 Apr 2015 17:48 #9 by archer
Replied by archer on topic moving on
Thank you all, last night this was fun, after spending today on the phone and Internet changing addresses, arranging for Internet and DISH network, I kinda wonder whose bright idea this was, but it will calm down after a while, we hope :) moving is not for the weak.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds