Persistence

09 Aug 2015 20:52 #1 by otisptoadwater
Persistence was created by otisptoadwater
You don't have to know what you're doing right out of the starting block, just keep trying and listen to your coaches and you'll figure it out as long as you don't quit! Always remember you can do anything you decide you want to do.

:)

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic, jf1acai

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Aug 2015 15:35 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Persistence
Too cute! Little Science Chic was that size when she started Taekwondo and it was so much fun to watch the kids at that age doing class. She's now a blue belt getting close to testing for purple and we have the most fun watching her spar others at tournaments (she's very patient, protects her chest so they can't get a hit/point, then waits for them to give her an opening for a kick or punch - she won all of her matches the past two tournaments doing that!).

Big brother is a red belt working on his black belt. I'm so proud of them both and it has helped them a ton with self-discipline and confidence, in addition to easing my mind because I know they can protect themselves in most situations and make better decisions to not even get into fights in the first place.

Thanks otis!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds