Creative writing

16 Feb 2016 14:12 #1 by RJ
Creative writing was created by RJ
Any other fellow writers out there? I was wondering if there are any creative writing classes help up here in the foothills. Or if nothing else, if you are a writer, maybe we could talk about the craft. Just for fun of course. It's a hobby of mine and something I love to chat about. I'm always looking for good books to read on the subject too, so if you have any recommendations, please let me know!

If you're a writer, or any kind of artist, you need to read "The War of Art" by Steven Pressfield. Thank me later ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Feb 2016 18:52 #2 by Srv145
Replied by Srv145 on topic Creative writing
I like to write and play music. I find that this time of year drags my creative side away from me. If i had an extra hour of sunlight.....!!!

17 Feb 2016 07:26 #3 by RJ
Replied by RJ on topic Creative writing
I agree completely. It's hard to get inspired when you're stuck inside. Although, it's supposed to be spring weather today and tomorrow! Maybe I can think of something good to write!

17 Feb 2016 23:32 #4 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Creative writing
There's a Conifer/Pine/Bailey writers group that started up last last year that meets periodically - Lucy posted some info about them on a topic here: mymountaintown.com/forum/139-the-campfir...123-new-writers-club They have a Facebook group you are welcome to join if you are on Facebook.

I need to get more diligent about posting on my blog myself. Did you know that with your membership here you have your very own Profile Page and on it is a blog which you are welcome to use?! If you click on any members' name (or your own) it will take you to their Profile Page and you can see pictures and videos they've uploaded (the video upload feature is new!), all of the forum posts that they've ever made, which topics they've marked as Favorites, and any blog posts they've written. You can also drop a line and say hello on their Wall (if they have kept their page public, you can make them private if you wish). Let the creative juices flow and play with the features on your Profile Page - it's there for you to use! :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: RJ

18 Feb 2016 08:30 #5 by RJ
Replied by RJ on topic Creative writing
This is great info!! I'll definitely look into the writer's group. That sounds like exactly what I was looking for.

I had no idea I could do all of that with my profile page on here. I'm going to look into that for sure!

Thanks for all the help!

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds