2018 Letter to Our My Mountain Town Community

01 Jan 2018 21:59 - 01 Jan 2018 23:29 #1 by MyMountainTown
Dear Superb My Mountain Town Members & Guests!

It’s been a year since we’ve written, and we want to first wish you all a Happy New Year filled with peace, love, prosperity, and joy! Let's catch you up on some of the exciting things that have been happening with My Mountain Town and what's in store for 2018!

Membership Growth:
Since we became MyMountainTown.com in July of 2013, we’ve continued to grow our membership and social media following/reach. In 2014, we gained 334 new members on the website; in 2015, 522 new members; and in 2016, 693 new members. In 2017, we added 771 new members! All told, we had over 81,000 unique visitors to the website all year, a 32% increase from 2016.

On Facebook, we’ve gained over 1,500 Fans this past year to reach 6,500+. Because we've kept growing our page organically, we have great Engagement which has helped us Reach 8,000-80,000 people each week! We've also received 38 reviews to date averaging a 4.9 out of 5.0 - thank you to everyone who's left us the kind words and suggestions for improvement! As members, you are more than welcome to post to our Facebook page anytime or tag us in a Tweet or Instagram post, and let everyone know about road conditions, fires you see, pets you’ve lost or found, pictures of our awesome wildlife, sunsets, things you have to sell, questions you wish to pose to your neighbors, etc - we are so appreciative of the first-hand info you offer because you are our best resource!
Stats:
  • Website 4,350 Members
  • Facebook Page 6,536 Likes
  • Twitter 2,850 Followers
  • Instagram 1,082 Followers
  • Over 30 local advertisers

Mountain Secrets Blog :
Last summer we began our Mountain Secrets Blog, a separate page focused solely on quality content for and about our communities that we serve. We hired Sharon Montgomery, N-Compass Writing Services to bring her talented pen, keen insight, and passion for people and building community to highlight our area history, places of interest, unsung heroes, and unique features that inspire us to all work hard to preserve and protect our beautiful mountain area. We partnered with Social Media Maiden to improve our business services, and Trang Janick who has been incredible with her business spotlight videos. In the 6 months it's been up, we've had 20 articles posted covering a wide variety of topics and look to do even more in 2018!

Investment in My Mountain Town:
We continue to do our bi-annual software updates in order to maintain the most up-to-date features and security for MyMountainTown.com. The number of attacks by hackers keeps increasing, so we will keep putting security as a priority so that our website doesn't go down when you need it most.

My Mountain Town remains the only area community forum that is a fully mobile-responsive and “https” secure website. These two items are extremely important not only for your ease of use and security, but even more so for moving the info you post here up higher in Google searches! Topics that are started here on My Mountain Town are often ranked higher than identical topics posted on other sites, and especially so on mobile searches. If you are trying to sell something, you want a buyer interested in your item to be able to find you when they do an internet search, and we are the best at helping you do that.

Awards:
This past year, we were honored to be chosen by the readers of The Fairplay Flume as the People’s Choice Awards 2017 Best Local Website and the Conifer Area Chamber of Commerce’s Home-Based Business of the Year. Words cannot describe our gratitude for the recognition of our hard work, nor our commitment to do even better.

Giving back:
This past year, we sponsored a number of nonprofit organizations to give back to the community, including: 

• Platte Canyon Area Chamber of Commerce
  • Conifer Area Chamber of Commerce
  • Evergreen Chamber of Commerce
  • Leadership Evergreen
  • Friends of Staunton State Park
  • The Venue Theatre Company
  • Bootstraps, Inc
  • Evergreen Christian Outreach
  • Center for the Arts Evergreen
  • Mountain Area Land Trust
  • Mount Evans Home Health & Hospice
  • Conifer Historical Society & Museum
  • Mountain Resource Center
  • DriveSmart
  • Peaceworks, Inc
  • Evergreen Alliance for Sustainability + You
  • Alpine Rescue Team
Each of these organizations fulfills a vital role in our communities, helping improve the quality of life for all. We are thrilled to donate both time and dollars to help them better serve you!

We are also incredibly grateful to our local businesses and nonprofits who choose us for their advertising needs because we couldn't do what we do without their support. Please patronize our advertisers, and all local shops, as often as you can and let them know that you saw them here on MMT so they know it's worthwhile to continue investing their time and hard-earned $ with us! You'll see their ads rotating on the sides of our pages (no Google Ads, auto-playing videos, or annoying pop-up ads here, just local businesses only!), or their upgraded Profile Pages displaying more information than just their name and phone number that the basic free listing provides. You’ll also find a listing of our advertisers in our Facebook Photo Albums under MMT Business Partners!

Future plans:
We'll have an exciting announcement about a brand new service coming soon so stay tuned! Otherwise, we plan to continue building our membership and website traffic, provide you the best Community Calendar, most up-to-date emergency information, exclusive webcams, daily mountain weather forecasts, and information that interests you. We are here for you and welcome all feedback and questions anytime!

Thank you for your membership and continued support of My Mountain Town! It has brought us joy to keep serving and investing in our community, and to grow to where we are today. We look forward to an exciting year ahead and we hope you will tell everyone you know to come join you at My Mountain Town!

With Gratitude,
The Staff and Volunteers at My Mountain Town

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285
The following user(s) said Thank You: HappyCamper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds