Dozier does DOLLAR GENERAL

13 Sep 2019 14:16 #1 by homeagain
It is my understanding DOLLAR GENERAL is in Bailey, I have not seen posts or comments about how that has impacted 43A and if
that light will be FINALLY taken out.

One of my houses was on BULLDOGGER, just off of Buggy Whip......just curious what the impact has been. The light had ALWAYS been a
problem back then.....just wondering IF Dozier decided different?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Sep 2019 09:46 #2 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: It is my understanding DOLLAR GENERAL is in Bailey, I have not seen posts or comments about how that has impacted 43A and if
that light will be FINALLY taken out.

One of my houses was on BULLDOGGER, just off of Buggy Whip......just curious what the impact has been. The light had ALWAYS been a
problem back then.....just wondering IF Dozier decided different?

KINDA of a conundrum.......comments NON-existent....even when it is NOT a political discussion...(which usually leads to a no win situation)

ANYONE willing to provide information on the future of the light at 43A?

16 Sep 2019 10:11 #3 by ScienceChic
Sorry Homeagain, it's been a busy week.

Yes, Dozier sold a bunch of land right there at 43 so new stores could be built, and the Dollar General is one of the first to open, but I don't think it's impacted traffic all that much. Comments in other online groups seems to indicate people either love or hate the store being open so I'm not sure how busy it's been.

As for the light, it's been in CDOT's plans all along to remove the light altogether. They changed the timing on the light earlier this summer to favor highway traffic movement and it's caused some angst for people trying to get turned off of 43. The end goal is to remove all left turns there at that intersection and for people who want to head northbound on 285 from 43 or get to 43 from NB 285 to use the exit at Crow Hill/CR 72 so as to keep traffic flowing (they will be extending the on-ramp so it's not so short). No idea when all of this will come about, as it's tied to funds that CDOT claims it doesn't have for 285 (thus, my post asking everyone to contact CDOT and our gov't representatives so we can get 285 moved up in priority for projects).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Sep 2019 11:38 #4 by HappyCamper
I really think they are going to have more issues with folks driving the small road that leads to Delwood to get to the highway.

Unless the county plans on maintaining it better when we have snow I think there will be more accidents JMHO

16 Sep 2019 13:29 #5 by homeagain
My understanding( back in 2005-07) was IF there were problems at 43A...CDOT would make it a RIGHT IN AND RIGHT OUT ONLY. Dozier nixed the light being taken out. It was the reason we
moved further into DCVR.

Pine Jct (at the time, was next up for $$$$ allocation).....of course that never happened.

THE ORIGINAL CDOT plan was both lights, Crow Hill and 43A were to be taken out.....leaving
a clear road all the way to Fairplay.(with Pine Jct being the only light to inhibit traffic)

THAT plan was sane and sensible, BUT Dozier dug in his heels and dumped the deal, the
reason traffic is insanely stupid now. so-o-o we moved again......to the western slope

16 Sep 2019 14:24 #6 by Blazer Bob
I don't live up 43. When I did, the light was never a problem for us.
The little I have heard about Duke is that he is a philanthropist and has done good things for the community.

17 Sep 2019 08:40 #7 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote: I don't live up 43. When I did, the light was never a problem for us.
The little I have heard about Duke is that he is a philanthropist and has done good things for the community.

pinecam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=81843

BIG TOPIC.......my next door neighbor (at the time) initiated the actions and the battle ensued with MANY signing on......read the entire thread

05 Oct 2019 15:31 #8 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

Blazer Bob wrote: I don't live up 43. When I did, the light was never a problem for us.

pinecam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=81843

BIG TOPIC.......my next door neighbor (at the time) initiated the actions and the battle ensued with MANY signing on......read the entire thread

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds