285 Improvement Projects Status

25 Feb 2021 21:05 #1 by GobbleGobble
Has anyone heard of the status of the improvements that have been proposed at Pine Junction and/or the Kings Valley? I'm thinking about purchasing some land in the Kings Valley area and/or the Pine Junction area, but I haven't heard about the status of these projects that have been proposed for many years. If I remember correctly, both are being based off of environmental studies back in 2004.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Feb 2021 07:36 - 26 Feb 2021 07:40 #2 by homeagain
SC might have the links *she is the owner of this site. I have been following "the mountain" even tho I am on the western slope. From what I under stand......$$$$$$ is and always has been the issue CDOT'budget
is not going to cover ALLthe improvements needed.

PINE JCT has been on the list forever and is not going to get allocated money for a very long time,they are
STILL trying to figure the factors for the light at 43A and 285...THAT was up next (my understanding)STILL
no REAL concrete plans(public input is BIG)....Kings Valley is being talked about,but My understanding is
NO concrete plans or $$$$.

Just a FYI....when we moved up the mountain, we were told by a long time resident, stay AWAY FROM
King's Valley...U do not have your own water, but rather a community "reservoir "arrangement. IF that
does not matter to U(I think there are fees involved) then beware that the views are to die for in the
summer, but winter is a whole different animal. Drive ways from hell (providing views) are a disaster

WELLS AND THEIR PRODUCTION are the important pieces of the puzzle. So is the orientation of the house (if U R building)......driveways facing south or west are a HUGE asset.(solar heat,melts snow faster).....I am unsure how knowledgeable UR...just trying to provide info THAT I WOULD APPRECIATE
if I were buying.

(I forgot...SOME PORTIONS of Pine Jct. are in Parkco.....TAXES are very low compared to JEFFCO,
is the land in Jct.in Parkco or Jeffco.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GobbleGobble

26 Feb 2021 12:24 #3 by ScienceChic
Hello GobbleGobble and thank you for a great question! As of now, there is no work planned by CDOT for Pine Junction in the near future. The project at Kings Valley continues, and they are currently conducting a new environmental assessment. They discovered that there was one historic structure that is no longer in existence at the location where the interchange will be built, but there is another structure to consider that was not included in the 2004 study. According to the most recent update from Jana Spiker at CDOT, which she gave during this month's Conifer Town Hall Meeting (first presentation in the video at that link after the introduction by Shirley Johnson). They are looking at their alternative plan for the interchange that will not impact the historic structure. Anticipated date to begin work on the interchange is Spring or Fall of 2023 after moving through the rest of the process.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: GobbleGobble

02 Mar 2021 06:50 #4 by GobbleGobble
Hi,

Thanks for the replies! Good to know about the 43a project and its status. It's hard to gauge things sometimes when you don't live here. Looking forward to being in the area soon!

02 Mar 2021 07:42 #5 by homeagain
IF U R from out of state....please know that 285 is "the Autobahn" now....it is dangerous and more
traffic on it....it is now becoming the alternative choice to I- 70. People do NOT know how to drive in snow
or how to negotiate the mountain....we left because of that factor....getting TOO overused and drivers who
have a need for speed (even in snowy conditions)

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds