To help this site remain positive....

26 May 2010 13:16 #1 by The Viking
We talked about this a while back but I want to start a thread about it. Most eveyone on here sees that this site is such a positive site with very positive energy. We all are going to have our times when a certain person or issue sets us off where we may start to post negatively and at times even irrationally. I myself have been guilty of this recently due to a few specific people who just try to bait people and get them to that point. When someone is rude and offensive my natural instict is to fight back. I am working on it. There have been some wonderful posters who have pointed this out to me in a very nice way. And it opened my eyes and made me take a look at posts as to how I took the bait and was posting in response to their baiting posts that took me down to their level. And for that I think you guys.

I think we should all be each others support and if we see a friend and other poster starting to take the bait of others and posting negative things, I think we should either send them a PM or post that lets them know in a nice way. And I am asking you to continue to watch me too. I am oa good one at letting people attack me and not fight back. But you are right, that is not what this site is about and negative people do not deserve a response. They are looking for a fight or argument, and if myself or others bite on it then they win. So again thank you so much for pointing out how I was responding in a few of my posts. There are always going to be these kind of people on a site. These are the type of people who cause other sites to develop poor reputations and cause people to not want ot be there. So for all my friends out there, keep pointing out if I am allowing others to drag me into their negative world. i don't ever want to become like them.

Thanks...... :thumbsup: :grouphug: :love: :swinging: (not sure why the swing, I just like that one! ) :biggrin:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 May 2010 13:22 #2 by homeagain
Vik, :swinging: IT"S because you are a "fun,kind kid" at heart and I SEE you.

26 May 2010 13:24 #3 by The Viking

homeagain wrote: Vik, :swinging: IT"S because you are a "fun,kind kid" at heart and I SEE you.

You SEE me? Un oh! I better get dressed! :VeryScared:

26 May 2010 13:24 #4 by RivendaleFarms
Thanks, Viking, nice post.

And, on a side note to 285bound Admin - I really love how this shows you when other posts have been submitted while you're composing one. (Especially since I tend to be a bit pokey when writing and all of a sudden there are 5 posts between mine and what I was responding to.)

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

26 May 2010 13:55 #5 by MyMountainTown
Yes, on the busy boards that is a really nice feature and helps the forums because when you can change then you have less posts.
Thanks again for the input. It helps us get better!

285 Bound Staff

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

26 May 2010 14:40 #6 by RivendaleFarms
I also try to use the Edit button so it doesn't look like I'm just having a conversation with myself.

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

26 May 2010 16:44 #7 by Sunshine Girl
Great post Viking. I already have a few templates made up to send you in PM's/ rofllol JK. It's harder for some of us that had "extra bad" experiences with another site. Can we be graded on a curve? :Whistle :biggrin: Looks like your taking the highroad and that's POSITIVE!!!!!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

26 May 2010 17:36 #8 by ScienceChic
:bravo: :agree: :goodpost:
Awesome post Viking! I wholeheartedly agree (again!), apologize if I've irritated anyone previously, and ask that everyone let me know if I'm crossing the line of decorum. If we try our hardest to be respectful toward each other then maybe this forum won't turn out like others have and that would be great for all of us!
And just because I want to use some of those fun emoticons:
:love: :sun: :icecream:
:Thank you

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

26 May 2010 18:19 - 10 Dec 2014 13:43 #9 by
Know It All just called me a moron here and you notice I did'nt return fire?

mymountaintown.com/forum/6-the-courthous...e-plan?start=40#3630

26 May 2010 18:21 #10 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic To help this site remain positive....
And by the way calling someone a troll on a message board is as insulting as anything..I mean everything I post.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds