Safeway, King Soopers or Walmart

26 May 2010 13:41 #1 by The Viking
After reading another thread i was curious which one people prefer. And why.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 May 2010 13:44 #2 by The Viking
I was more curious about Safeway and KS but I have a few friends that swear by Walmart for lowest prices.

26 May 2010 13:53 #3 by ShilohLady
I personally prefer Safeway but there are a few things that I'll pick up at WalMart - either for a significant price difference or simply that my family prefers the brand that WalMart carries.

I'll admit that I've never been comfortable in a King Soopers so I haven't spent a lot of time in them, I'll pop in and out as quickly as possible if I need something and they're the closest store around when I'm down the hill. A personal 'thing' for me is that I intensely dislike the lack of doors at KS. It just 'feels' wrong to me.

... of course all of the above has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that my son has worked at Safeway for 5 years (ever since he turned 16) HONESTLY! :Whistle

26 May 2010 13:54 #4 by JMC
I like kS for Deli, fish and meat, I think the prices are lower on most staples

SW I like better for bakery,cheeses and some specialty items.
I just can't bring myself to drive to Walmart for groceries, so I know nothing about them
I make the occasional stop at Whole Paycheck and Sunshine market

26 May 2010 14:09 #5 by The Viking

ShilohLady wrote: I personally prefer Safeway but there are a few things that I'll pick up at WalMart - either for a significant price difference or simply that my family prefers the brand that WalMart carries.

I'll admit that I've never been comfortable in a King Soopers so I haven't spent a lot of time in them, I'll pop in and out as quickly as possible if I need something and they're the closest store around when I'm down the hill. A personal 'thing' for me is that I intensely dislike the lack of doors at KS. It just 'feels' wrong to me.

... of course all of the above has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that my son has worked at Safeway for 5 years (ever since he turned 16) HONESTLY! :Whistle

That is why I allowed 2 choices on this one. I also prefer Safeway and Walmart when I am in the area. They are very inexpensive on may food and household items.

26 May 2010 14:19 #6 by The Dude
Safeway. The ladies at Safeway are like family!! They make my shopping experience wonderful everytime. Plus they love my son so much that he just eats it up!!

26 May 2010 14:52 #7 by RivendaleFarms
Overall I've usually found Soops to be lower prices for the same items than Safeway, at least comparing the two stores up here. I work down the hill but don't shop down there very often.

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

26 May 2010 15:27 #8 by Residenttroll returns
I like the ambiance of SW. I like the prices at KS.

26 May 2010 16:31 - 04 Jun 2013 17:42 #9 by LOL

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

26 May 2010 16:47 #10 by Sunshine Girl

residenttroll wrote: I like the ambiance of SW. I like the prices at KS.

That's what I was going to say. :bash Just kidding RT. I shop at Wal-Mart too.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds