You know you are getting older when...

26 Aug 2010 14:52 #1 by CinnamonGirl
You know you are getting older when... was created by CinnamonGirl
So I got new contacts yesterday. I look much younger without my glasses except....

I look older too because I have to wear reading glasses. With my glasses I did not have to go back and forth I just took them off. Now I look old with the reading glasses. I might have to go back to glasses. Grrrr....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Aug 2010 15:06 #2 by EddieWess
Do police officers and doctors call you ma'am? If not, you are still OK.

A couple of weeks ago someone at the home brew store called me sir, I said: "Sir? Please, my name is Eddie."

Nevertheless he continued to call me sir.

26 Aug 2010 15:52 #3 by ComputerBreath
Whenever I get carded, I make sure to thank the cashier!! Not a lot of them understand why.

26 Aug 2010 16:03 #4 by JMC
What's carded mean?

26 Aug 2010 16:24 #5 by Sarah
When your kids have the same teacher you had in school :-(

26 Aug 2010 16:46 #6 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic You know you are getting older when...
I still get carded occasionally. I was routinely carded until I was 40. But hmmmmmm....

and the kids at the store call me ma'am. But I still think I look like I am in my late 30's until I put those damn reading glasses on. The store was a new adventure today. On off on off.

26 Aug 2010 17:32 #7 by pineinthegrass

CinnamonGirl wrote: So I got new contacts yesterday. I look much younger without my glasses except....

I look older too because I have to wear reading glasses. With my glasses I did not have to go back and forth I just took them off. Now I look old with the reading glasses. I might have to go back to glasses. Grrrr....

See if you can learn to get by with just one contact lens in your dominant eye. It takes practice, but then you can see distance in one eye, and up close with the other.

26 Aug 2010 17:36 #8 by Topper
You check this post to see how many of these things you suffer from and relize your OLD! :wink:

26 Aug 2010 20:01 #9 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic You know you are getting older when...

EddieWess wrote: Do police officers and doctors call you ma'am? If not, you are still OK.

A couple of weeks ago someone at the home brew store called me sir, I said: "Sir? Please, my name is Eddie."

Nevertheless he continued to call me sir.

Were brewing a Pumpkin ale this weekend. It'l be done on halloween. I know where to get all natural organic pumpkin if your interested.

26 Aug 2010 22:54 #10 by Local_Historian

CinnamonGirl wrote: So I got new contacts yesterday. I look much younger without my glasses except....

Sympathies - my new glasses are being made - bifocals from here on out.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds