I Pledge

08 Sep 2010 01:51 #1 by mtnjunkanoo
I Pledge was created by mtnjunkanoo
I Pledge Allegiance to the flag.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Sep 2010 04:32 #2 by MamaRama
Replied by MamaRama on topic I Pledge
of the United States of America.....

08 Sep 2010 06:30 #3 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic I Pledge
"And to the republic, for which it stands"

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

08 Sep 2010 07:01 #4 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic I Pledge
"one nation under God"

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

08 Sep 2010 07:06 #5 by ShilohLady
Replied by ShilohLady on topic I Pledge
"Indivisible"

08 Sep 2010 07:25 #6 by CC
Replied by CC on topic I Pledge
with liberty and justice for all!

08 Sep 2010 09:48 #7 by Travelingirl
Replied by Travelingirl on topic I Pledge

RenegadeCJ wrote: "And to the republic, for which it stands"

It drives me nuts when I hear people (politicians included) refer to our country as a democracy.

"So what's the difference between republican and democratic forms of government? John Adams captured the essence of the difference when he said, "You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments; rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws; rights derived from the Great Legislator of the Universe." Nothing in our Constitution suggests that government is a grantor of rights. Instead, government is a protector of rights.

In recognition that it's Congress that poses the greatest threat to our liberties, the framers used negative phrases against Congress throughout the Constitution such as: shall not abridge, infringe, deny, disparage, and shall not be violated, nor be denied. In a republican form of government, there is rule of law. All citizens, including government officials, are accountable to the same laws. Government power is limited and decentralized through a system of checks and balances. Government intervenes in civil society to protect its citizens against force and fraud but does not intervene in the cases of peaceable, voluntary exchange." http://www.capitalismmagazine.com/polit ... cracy.html

08 Sep 2010 10:04 #8 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic I Pledge

travelingirl wrote:

RenegadeCJ wrote: "And to the republic, for which it stands"

It drives me nuts when I hear people (politicians included) refer to our country as a democracy.

"So what's the difference between republican and democratic forms of government? John Adams captured the essence of the difference when he said, "You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments; rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws; rights derived from the Great Legislator of the Universe." Nothing in our Constitution suggests that government is a grantor of rights. Instead, government is a protector of rights.

In recognition that it's Congress that poses the greatest threat to our liberties, the framers used negative phrases against Congress throughout the Constitution such as: shall not abridge, infringe, deny, disparage, and shall not be violated, nor be denied. In a republican form of government, there is rule of law. All citizens, including government officials, are accountable to the same laws. Government power is limited and decentralized through a system of checks and balances. Government intervenes in civil society to protect its citizens against force and fraud but does not intervene in the cases of peaceable, voluntary exchange." http://www.capitalismmagazine.com/polit ... cracy.html

Everyone should watch this video and they will understand more about our government in 10 minutes than most highschools will teach in 4 years.

[youtube:2imu1fxb]
[/youtube:2imu1fxb]

08 Sep 2010 10:49 #9 by Travelingirl
Replied by Travelingirl on topic I Pledge
Great video TV!! I like the term "Constitutional Moderate".

08 Sep 2010 11:58 #10 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic I Pledge

travelingirl wrote: Great video TV!! I like the term "Constitutional Moderate".

LOL, I think that is the first time I have been called a TV. I hope you aren't caling me a transvestite? lol

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds