Merge at the Merge Point

29 Sep 2010 14:03 #21 by 2wlady
Replied by 2wlady on topic Merge at the Merge Point
I always am able to merge when I'm up against a Lexus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Sep 2010 14:08 #22 by Nobody that matters

Satchmo wrote: I always am able to merge when I'm up against a Lexus.

Their body work costs alot more than repair work to my Jeep. :biggrin:

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

29 Sep 2010 14:24 #23 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Merge at the Merge Point

dmcdd wrote:

homeagain wrote: dmcdd,IF you are driving a roller skate suv and you are up against a big a-- dooley and it's YOUR turn to merge at the merge point,please
tell me just WHO you think is going to take the ROW.......SORRY,if there were SANE and considerate drivers out there I WOULD MERGE
AT MERGE POINT......(that fantasy will NEVER happen).....JMO

If it's my turn to merge, I don't care if I'm in a smart car and I'm up against a dump truck - I'm coming in.

People know when they're being a**holes and they back off. They honk, they gesture, but they back off.

Of course there's exceptions, but for the most part it works fine.

So just out of curiosity. If you force your way in and the others don't back down and there is contact, isn't the one merging the one who is suppose to yield to oncoming traffic and thus at fault for the accident? Don't get me wrong, I hate when people speed up to not let me in when I am at the speed limit or higher. And in my truck I normally will always get them to back off, but if we get in an accident while merging, isn't the one merging at fault? And I will always let people in if they are merging and they are out of lane as long as they didn't slow down to 30 to try and find an opening. Then it backs everyone up.

29 Sep 2010 14:35 #24 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Merge at the Merge Point
For the person not allowing a merge and has an accident the list is probably endless what they could ticket you for, or both drivers could get tickets.

Driving too fast for conditions
Failure to slow down to avoid an accident
Failure to yield
Road Rage
improper lane change

29 Sep 2010 17:14 #25 by Martin Ent Inc
OK I do have a problem when hauling a load on a trailer or hauling the race trailer down and peeps keep trying to go around, I will cut you off as I am 54+ feet with 1 and 45 with the other.

30 Sep 2010 14:19 #26 by mozartsmom
Replied by mozartsmom on topic Merge at the Merge Point
I finally called *CSP about someone who pulled across to lane straddle at the merge point because I had my signal on to merge there and I might get in front of them. Slam on brakes, honk, no finger, just flipped out the cell and called. CSP thanked me for calling it in.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds