Article on needy women.

14 May 2010 01:14 #1 by Robynabc
This article made me so mad. Do you know how many "needy" men I meet? This makes women seem crazy and needy in general and men are just the same. And even if we are talking about neediness. We all have issues. To make anyone feel like they are psychotic and needy annoys me. Okay off my soap box. LOL :soap:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,592406,00.html

"I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m out of control, and at times hard to handle.
But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best."
. Marilyn Monroe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 May 2010 18:56 #2 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Article on needy women.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I beg to differ that it
Article cannot be shown

14 May 2010 19:44 #3 by Robynabc
Replied by Robynabc on topic Article on needy women.
Agreed Rockdoc. I just see it alot in the dating world and then there are men that use it to make it seem most women are needy and unstable. I see the same thing from men and that slant is unfair. I know that it is a men's magazine but it seems to me it contributes to the wrong idea. So, I am all better. Got to vent. LOL

"I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m out of control, and at times hard to handle.
But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best."
. Marilyn Monroe

14 May 2010 19:48 #4 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Article on needy women.
So do they give out the names and phone numbers of these needy women? :Whistle :Grin:

15 May 2010 08:13 #5 by Rockdoc
LOL Unlikely, but you find them everywhere, just like those needy guys. LOL

15 May 2010 08:17 #6 by Robynabc

Rockdoc wrote: LOL Unlikely, but you find them everywhere, just like those needy guys. LOL

Oooohhh, that was close. Glad you added the guys part. LOL. :scared:

. Marilyn Monroe

15 May 2010 08:20 #7 by Rockdoc

Robynabc wrote: Agreed Rockdoc. I just see it alot in the dating world and then there are men that use it to make it seem most women are needy and unstable. I see the same thing from men and that slant is unfair. I know that it is a men's magazine but it seems to me it contributes to the wrong idea. So, I am all better. Got to vent. LOL

You can not marshal against the what others do with information. Some see it as labels to be applied indiscriminately, others see improved communication opportunities. Its a matter of vision. I'm reminded about standing waves in a canal when a barge passes. One person sees the standing wave, another sees a way of transferring more information through an fiber optical cord. Unfortunately, I've come to conclude that most men see only standing waves.

15 May 2010 08:35 #8 by Robynabc
Rocdoc, you know there are differences between men and women. But here was my issue with the article. It was not about needy women. It was about 4 attachment styles and they apply to men also. And this opening statement was what I really took issue with.

Needy women can be among the most frustrating aspects of a man’s romantic life. Fortunately, relationship scientists have devised a way to suss out which women are overly needy and which ones have their heads on straight.

Here is the bottom line though. I see the guys that drink the koolaid on this. But they are the guys I wouldn't want to be with in a thousand years anyway. So, you are absolutely right. I try to change peoples perception. And you have to remember I came from a family that did not value women. So, I am always trying to make my point on it. There are times where I get a little womens lib going on in me. Great perspective, you had a persuasive argument. Thank you.

. Marilyn Monroe

15 May 2010 10:41 #9 by Rockdoc
Robynabc, I empathize with you. There is nothing wrong with pointing out shortcomings in men i.e.

"Needy [men] can be among the most frustrating aspects of a [wo]man’s romantic life. Fortunately, relationship scientists have devised a way to suss out which .. men are overly needy and which ones have their heads on straight."

Instead of needy you could supply ample suitable other adjectives. Ignorant, possessive, abusive, emotionally frail, out of touch, etc. could apply. I'm certain you can come up with perhaps more appropriate adjectives too.

I've come to realize long ago, that many women suffer from lack of confidence for varying reasons. We are talking about some very capable women, yet they harbor self doubt. I've tried to do my best to always reinforce and bolster confidence. For the life of me I can not understand why such conditions are so prevalent. Why do I mention this? Because I feel you are fighting to show everyone that women can stand on their own merits, and you see phantoms of attack or undermining of women when there is none.. or at least it is not intended that way. In essence, you mirror yourself. You are a most capable woman and so are most of those around you. Take comfort in that knowledge and let those who fail to realize it be damned.

My diatribe may be a bit disjointed. I was interrupted several times in writing it, but it comes from the heart. I'm not here to attack, but to support and will always war against those who think women are the weaker sex. They have much to learn. Strength has many expressions.

15 May 2010 11:00 #10 by Robynabc
Hmmm.... that is interesting too. You did not grow up in the US right? I wonder if it is a cultural thing but really, you look at my daughter. She came home from school and announced that girls are bad at math. School told her that. So, what did she do? She stopped trying until I told her she could do anything she wanted in life. I think some women were told that they could not do some things as little girls because they were girls. I really don't know the reasons but there are women that feel that way because of what we were told as young girls. Made sure my daughter was NOT going to get that message and she is growing up in a different generation so that helped.

The perception of women stay home and take care of the house (leave it to beaver) was a way of life. Things have changed dramatically but it is still there a bit. Getting way better. I am the first to admit it is not scientific just from personal experience.

. Marilyn Monroe

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds