IMHS Auction Item Taken *SOLVED*

23 Oct 2010 19:32 - 25 Oct 2010 12:51 #1 by danipo
Honest Mistake :woo hoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Oct 2010 19:41 #2 by chocolove
Wow! I hope it was a mistake too! Glad they had such a great turn out!

23 Oct 2010 20:25 #3 by jf1acai
I sure hope this was just a failure to communicate.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

23 Oct 2010 22:20 #4 by freebird
I helped out with the IMHS silent auction and from what I heard after the auction had ended, it seems this is just a midunderstanding and innocent mistake. There were a few dog-themed baskets (with dog beds) and it seems a person that bid on and won one of the baskets might have paid for and then left with the wrong one. I think everything will be okay and am very glad this wasn't a case of bad intentions.

Our community is so supportive and it showed today at the auction. Raven's was wonderful to allow us to use their restaurant for a second year in a row. The band was great and I think everyone enjoyed the fundraiser.

I'm also thankful that our site's group lunch was at Raven's, today. it was a great start to the fundraiser!

24 Oct 2010 19:27 #5 by pacamom
Hopefully they should be able to figure it out since everyone registered to bid and they know who bid on what and what is left over and what wasn't picked up yet.

It was a wonderful day. Lunch, Auction, and Dinner. Every Saturday should be like that! Luckily I was outbid on most of the items I bid on. Lots of bidding wars - it seems as though it was very successful. Good Job IMHS.

24 Oct 2010 21:07 #6 by freebird
Just a quick update to share that the mystery has been solved. There was indeed an innocent mistake and the bidder on item B12 accidently picked up P12. Both were dog-themed items that included a dog bed. Everything has been straighted out so all is fine.

Thanks again for our local community's support, and a big thanks to pacamom for suggestion Raven's for the site's group lunch.

24 Oct 2010 21:33 #7 by V_A
Glad to hear this turned out OK. I couldn't imagine someone stealing from the event. Our family & friends were glad to donate items for the auction. Sorry we couldn't attend this weekend.

25 Oct 2010 09:46 - 25 Oct 2010 12:52 #8 by danipo
Happy Ending!

25 Oct 2010 10:06 #9 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic IMHS Auction Item Taken *SOLVED*
Are you really sure you want to delete? (it is not in my nature) LOL. But seriously, if we pull it- the last thing people will remember is that original first post. I think it might be better for everyone to see that it was resolved.

That is my thought anyway.

25 Oct 2010 10:22 #10 by LopingAlong
I agree, CG! Leave it up, it is a thread of good.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds