Fire Mitigation Pics-Our dreaded hillside was tackled today

27 Oct 2010 16:46 #1 by Wily Fox aka Angela
We are clearing the last major area on our property today. The dreaded steep hillside that was so packed with trees, especially lodge poles, you could not see through it.

Some before and after shots. Look how the sunlight filters through now. We are hoping the ponderosa pines and aspens and blue spruces have room to breath now. and we sure feel much 'mo 'betta about fire mitigation.

Who did all this work? these guys!
They winched the trees down to the chipper - little to no impact on ground
Here's Jim headed back up with winch

or sometimes, just dragged them down. Remember this is one steep hillside

This chipper was amazing and it has been going since 9 this morning. They are still out there.

Here's Brad

Who are these guys? Splintered Forest. These guys are the hardest working dudes I think I have ever witnessed. Count this as a recommendation right here and feel free to contact me as a reference.

SIDE NOTE: I got lunch for everyone down at DW's Diner. He even tossed in a couple pieces of chocolate cake for free. I was a hero when I got home with all the food: burgers, Macho Man Nachos, and chocolate cake. :woot:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Oct 2010 18:17 #2 by jf1acai
Great Job! :thumbsup:

And it proves once again that fire mitigation does NOT have to be ugly, in fact it can be just the opposite.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

27 Oct 2010 20:09 #3 by Wily Fox aka Angela

28 Oct 2010 05:47 #4 by RenegadeCJ
Nice work by the guys! Your forest looks much better too!

Is that a winch on the back of their splitter? COOOOOOL!!!!!

Did they cut all the trees right at ground level, or leave them up at all?

I've seen some of their other work. They seem to be top notch up here!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

28 Oct 2010 09:28 #5 by Wily Fox aka Angela
big winch that they pull down 10 or 15 trees at a time into the mouth of JAWS... muhaaahaahaaaaa I made the mistake of sending an email to some friends and spelled winch as wench, well... that went over big! imagining wenches running up and down the hillside fetching trees to the chipper. I could have sold tickets to that and paid for the whole job!
on this particular job, my husband had cut down most of the trees in the week before they got here and only left the ones that would not fall or would potentially fall into the power line for them and the winch to get down. the stumps are minimal.

28 Oct 2010 10:05 #6 by RivendaleFarms
Wily, you know you're my favorite wench!

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

28 Oct 2010 13:28 #7 by V_A
Brad is a great guy and man does he work hard. I already have my eye on a project next year with Brad.

That chipper can take 15" tree's WOW

28 Oct 2010 13:39 #8 by V_A

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds