285 EB approaching Calfee Gulch (pic)

11 Nov 2010 14:12 #1 by CinnamonGirl
285 EB approaching Calfee Gulch (pic) was created by CinnamonGirl
Pineguy just sent this picture in,looks like traffic is locked up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Nov 2010 14:52 #2 by pacamom
Looks so familiar. I literally ran up that hill once in a snowstorm when my ex had a head on accident in the same place. He was pulling a trailer with an alpaca in it.

Some wonderful man in a pick-up, who got caught in the stopped traffic offered to take the trailer back home. I just couldn't believe someone would offer to do that. Not only was it difficult because the truck and trailer were almost over the edge, he had to go back where he had come from to get the trailer back to my house, and then go sit in the backed up traffic again to get where he was going originally.

11 Nov 2010 21:04 #3 by Scooby72
Honestly, the way people drive through there I'm shocked there aren't more accidents.

12 Nov 2010 11:27 #4 by Martin Ent Inc
So the paca was OK, how was the X?

12 Nov 2010 12:23 #5 by pacamom
He ended up ok after a trip in an ambulance. Strapped to a back board. He said that was a lot of fun. Not.

Oh did I forget to mention this was all in a snowstorm?

Amazingly no one was seriously injured. Except for the vehicles.

It sounds like that is how yesterday's accident ended up. No one really seriously injured. I can't imagine if our trailer had ended up like the camper.

12 Nov 2010 12:28 - 12 Nov 2010 17:31 #6 by CC
Can you find 3 things wrong here....

The day after he crash, on on Nov. 12 he said that the investigation into the crash was ongoing, and he didn't have the information available to release the victims' names.

He said the crash occurred shortly before 2 p.m. when a southbound Subaru Forester traveled into the northbound lane and sideswiped a Ford pickup truck hauling a camper trailer.

This caused the Subaru to rotate, and it was struck in its side by a Ford Expedition sport utility vehicle around 1 p.m....

U.S. 285 was closed for about three hours hours while emergency crews worked on scene.....

The Colorado Department of Transportation reopened both lanes of the road just before 5 p.m. Thursday.

http://www.theflume.com/main.asp?Sectio ... cleID=7610

12 Nov 2010 12:33 #7 by jf1acai
Waaaay too easy!

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

12 Nov 2010 12:35 #8 by CC
Is it just math??????

12 Nov 2010 12:36 #9 by ColoradoXprss

Becky wrote: Can you find 3 things wrong here....

The day after he crash, on on Nov. 12 he said that the investigation into the crash was ongoing, and he didn't have the information available to release the victims' names.

He said the crash occurred shortly before 2 p.m. when a southbound Subaru Forester traveled into the northbound lane and sideswiped a Ford pickup truck hauling a camper trailer.

This caused the Subaru to rotate, and it was struck in its side by a Ford Expedition sport utility vehicle around 1 p.m....

U.S. 285 was closed for about three hours hours while emergency crews worked on scene.

http://www.theflume.com/main.asp?Sectio ... cleID=7610

:lol: :lol: I personally think Mike Potter needs to go back to Journalism School, better yet elementary school. The poor grammar and timeline of events that he states in his story are wrong...but what do you expect from this "rag" mag. (I was stuck in that long line of traffic trying to get to pick up my daughter at CHS)

Precisely why I don't subscribe to The Flume, biased and very poor investigative reporting when it comes to them producing stories week to week. What an embarrassment to our community with that paper, IMHO.

12 Nov 2010 13:11 #10 by pacamom
You mean a Ford Expedition is not a sport utility vehicle?

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds