The 10 most dangerous toys of your childhood

14 Nov 2010 19:03 #1 by CinnamonGirl
The 10 most dangerous toys of your childhood was created by CinnamonGirl
***Warning*** I didn't watch the videos. I do not know if they are graphic.

http://guyism.com/humor/the-10-most-dan ... dhood.html

You'll shoot your eye out kid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Nov 2010 19:15 #2 by chocolove
I would have to say maybe LiteBrites! If you didn't choke on them your older sister probably wanted to murder you with them everytime she had to vacuum your bedroom!!! LOL

15 Nov 2010 02:42 #3 by Rockdoc
A wooden segmented dog my dad made for Christmas one year. Tied together with a leather strip sandwiched between the wooden body segments it would flex left and right, but any kid holding it was gong to get pinched fingers and i got my fair share before abandoning this toy. Then there were the bows and arrows I used to make. A piece of elderberry bush stem tipped the arrows, so nothing sharp, but they were still flying missiles I sent right at people, like my first grade teacher in Germany LOL. I asked if he would like to see how well I could shoot? Hit him right in the chest. Got grounded after that one. One toy that proved dangerous to me was a nice thick paper beer coaster. It had just the right weight and really would sail well when you threw it. It was amazing fun ... until.. an errant throw went through a neighbor's window. Mother paid for it with the last few marks she had and I got thrashed until my bottom revealed black and blue handprints. LOL It sure was fun being a kid then.

15 Nov 2010 06:27 - 08 Jul 2011 20:00 #4 by major bean

Regards,
Major Bean

15 Nov 2010 06:38 #5 by RenegadeCJ
Hand held dart guns, made with rubber bands, the old cardboard tubes that came with dry cleaned clothes hangers, dowels, and the tips from normal wall darts. Shot very well, and accurate!

Slingshot....

Roof shingles....ripped into 4" squares, and thrown....really flew, and hurt if they hit you!!!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

15 Nov 2010 06:41 #6 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic The 10 most dangerous toys of your childhood
My hair got stuck in a slinky when I was young, I had to cut it to get it out. My son hit a wall when he was 9, sledding. he is lucky to be here. He had a concussion, broken nose and little brick marks on his forehead. Sleds are very dangerous.

I think of the toys I played with, barbies being number one. But we made our own toys and ways to play back then. Playing is different today.

You boys were terrifying. LOL Edited to add-Chocolove is right about those lightbrights too.

15 Nov 2010 08:18 #7 by 2wlady
I had a board on which to tack little pieces of colored wood to make pictures. I used a hammer. We were still at Ft. Myer, so I was under 5 years old. Imagine what swallowing a bunch of little tacks could do to a kid's intestines. However, I never swallowed any.

A working miniature iron. I loved ironing Dad's hankies while Mom ironed. Then I burned the top of my hand. Youch. Same time period. Maybe that's why I hate to iron now. :Whistle

15 Nov 2010 08:20 #8 by The Viking
I still own a set of jarts here. I loved that game.

15 Nov 2010 08:30 #9 by FredHayek

The Viking wrote: I still own a set of jarts here. I loved that game.

I was going to say lawn darts! Horseshoes could also be hurt if they hit you right.

My cousins used to wear down coats and have BB gun wars, but they were crazy.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Nov 2010 08:54 #10 by rlcarolyn
The unicycle and the skateboard. I lived on a hill that used to be blocked off when it snowed so kids could sled down it. If you know where Belleview is Between Huron and Prospect park I lived right off Chenango in Englewood. Try to learn how to ride a unicycle down that. LOL I was 10 and I learned inspite of the hill. Continued my life line on my hand skidding down the hill. Both knees scared even after 40 years. Skateboard didn't have any breaks fun trying to stop on hill. We finally put old mattresses at the bottom of hill so we could fall there and quit hurting ourselves.

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds