The 10 most dangerous toys of your childhood

15 Nov 2010 21:19 - 15 Nov 2010 21:21 #31 by pineinthegrass
I had one of those red metal wagons with 4 wheels and a bar to steer it. Rode it down too many steep hills without a helmet. Crashed a lot, though didn't hurt my head, but then again I probably wouldn't remember that anyway. I did break an arm, though.

Those early chemistry sets let you mix stuff that could burn through anything!

Launching matches as rockets when wrapped in aluminum foil. But you can still enjoy that.

Trying to ski for the first time downhill with no instruction and ending up into a tree. But that was just me. My "Bono" moment.

Not that they were directly dangerous, but I do remember enjoying those candy cigarettes!

And oh... playing with mercury you got from breaking a thermometer. Nice stuff!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Nov 2010 21:19 #32 by Cupcake
My tricycle.

Big brother in front on his Huffy "Pea-Picker" (picture a bicycle with a small front tire, and a large rear tire), with a rubbery jump rope tied to my other brother's bicycle (aka: "the Clunker"), and another rubbery jump rope between him and my tricycle. The three of us set off down the "big hill"...

They stayed vertical on the steep downhill...I, unfortunately, did not. Lost all the skin on both legs. I think mom was at the store or something. A neighbor drove by, took me to their house and patched me up until mom got home.

It was fun until the rollover.

P.S. Pineinthegrass: I still have my red Radio Flyer - wanna go for a ride?

15 Nov 2010 21:23 #33 by pineinthegrass

Dimplszzz wrote: P.S. Pineinthegrass: I still have my red Radio Flyer - wanna go for a ride?

Yeah, that's what it was called! Too many head injuries to remember. Wanna ride it down Crow Hill with me? :woo hoo:

16 Nov 2010 07:56 #34 by LopingAlong
Alpine Mike, we should have been neighbors! And pineinthegrass, I'd forgotten about the mercury, what fun we had back then!

Ropes hanging from trees at least 50 feet in the air so we could launch ourselves across to the next one and pretend we were Tarzan...oh yeah, those were the days all right? I once jumped my horse 4' bareback, barefooted and with only an Indian bridle (one strand of rawhide in his mouth and only one "rein").

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds