Would you risk your life to save your dog?

21 Oct 2011 08:39 #21 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Would you risk your life to save your dog?

Hoot Owl wrote: I think it was just an unfortunate knee jerk reaction. I trust my dogs ability to swim more than mine. Going in after a dog is foolish, they will likely climb on you and make matters worse

Good points Hoot but if my dog was struggeling in the water I seriously doubt I could just stand idley by and watch her drown. I like to bring my dog to the river and throw sticks in for her to fetch..I got bored and started throwing bigger and bigger sticks in to see if she retrieve them for me. She wants to please me so bad that even when exhausted she will retrieve the stick. Well I worked my way up to a log, heaved it in and she went after it..She latched her her jaws but couldn't control it- They both just started going right down stream, the log was controlling her, she wasn't controling the log. I started jogging down the bank yelling, "c'mon, c'mon girl" and she tried desperatley to retrieve it, she wouldn't let go. She went into some rapids and the log got wedged between some rocks and the water stated going over her head..I yelled "let it go!, let it go!" and at first she didn't then she did. She was so tired that she tried to get to shore but was going downstream fast gagging and coughing up water all the while.. She finally got to the shore and I said "bad girl, bad girl, wheres the stick!?" I didn't want her to lose that desire, but I was secretly pleased with her effort. I saved her when I said "let it go!"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Oct 2011 15:33 #22 by Mtn Gramma

Vice Lord wrote:

Hoot Owl wrote: I think it was just an unfortunate knee jerk reaction. I trust my dogs ability to swim more than mine. Going in after a dog is foolish, they will likely climb on you and make matters worse

Good points Hoot but if my dog was struggeling in the water I seriously doubt I could just stand idley by and watch her drown. I like to bring my dog to the river and throw sticks in for her to fetch..I got bored and started throwing bigger and bigger sticks in to see if she retrieve them for me. She wants to please me so bad that even when exhausted she will retrieve the stick. Well I worked my way up to a log, heaved it in and she went after it..She latched her her jaws but couldn't control it- They both just started going right down stream, the log was controlling her, she wasn't controling the log. I started jogging down the bank yelling, "c'mon, c'mon girl" and she tried desperatley to retrieve it, she wouldn't let go. She went into some rapids and the log got wedged between some rocks and the water stated going over her head..I yelled "let it go!, let it go!" and at first she didn't then she did. She was so tired that she tried to get to shore but was going downstream fast gagging and coughing up water all the while.. She finally got to the shore and I said "bad girl, bad girl, wheres the stick!?" I didn't want her to lose that desire, but I was secretly pleased with her effort. I saved her when I said "let it go!"

What a POS. What kind of low-life mentality can even make up stories like this? Are you not getting enough attention?

21 Oct 2011 15:42 #23 by UNDER MODERATION

Mtn Gramma wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

What a POS. What kind of low-life mentality can even make up stories like this? Are you not getting enough attention?

Thats the truth

And are you gonna wish me a happy birthday today Gramma?

21 Oct 2011 16:02 #24 by Mtn Gramma
Of course not. Can't believe a word you post, whether it's stressing a dog to the point of death or that it's your birthday. Idiot.

21 Oct 2011 19:32 #25 by UNDER MODERATION
Maybe I made it sound a little more dire than it was..I only feared for the dogs saftey for a moment there...

21 Oct 2011 20:26 #26 by Honda Rider

Essexgirlinthemountains wrote: I'm with Serenity, JMC and LopingAlong. It would be automatic, no thought required.

Yep me too

21 Oct 2011 20:41 #27 by UNDER MODERATION
What if the dog was stuck on the 5 inch wide ledge on a sheer cliff with a 3000 foot drop to the bottom?

24 Oct 2011 10:43 #28 by FredHayek
I did it, almost same scenario, went into a canal to rescue my dog. Why? Because my wife would have gotten pissed if I let her dog drown. lol

Must have put the fear of god(dog?) into that dog because we still walk that canal but she has never gone back in, even when the water is way down.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Oct 2011 11:00 #29 by Hoot Owl
Looks like someone was really bored this thread was from June 2010 and resurrected by Vice Lord in a lame attempt to get attention. Looks like he gotcha Mtn Gramma :pop :wave:

24 Oct 2011 11:29 #30 by Nobody that matters

Hoot Owl wrote: Looks like someone was really bored this thread was from June 2010 and resurrected by Vice Lord in a lame attempt to get attention. Looks like he gotcha Mtn Gramma :pop :wave:

It always hurts to pull that hook outta yer cheek when the trollers catch ya. :biggrin:

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds