Free personal assessment test

28 Dec 2010 08:45 #1 by Grace
www.keirsey.com

The Keirsey Temperament sorter - II personality instrument, is a free test. Now they would like us to buy more detailed information, but the one page summary is enough for now.

There are 4 results: Guardians, Idealists, Rationals and Artisans.

I am an Idealist and a lot of the summary rings true. Okay, since you twisted my arm; I will type out part of my summary:

Idealists, as a temperament, are passionately concerned with personal growth and development. Idealists strive to discover who they are and how they can become their best possible self.....Imagination, help others, drawn to working with people, gifted in helping others, inspiring others to grow.

Romantic ideal, prefer to focus on what might be, rather than what is.

All Idealists share the following core characteristics:

1. Idealists are enthusiastic, they trust their intuition, yearn for romance, seek their true self, prize meaningful relationships and dream of attaining wisdom.

2. Idealists pride themselves on being loving, kindhearted and authentic.

3. Idealists tend to be giving, trusting, and spiritual and they are focused on personal journeys.

4. Idealists make intense mates, nurturing parents and inspirational leaders.

The four types of idealists are:

1. Champions
2. Counselor
3. Healer
4. Teacher

There so much here and I do see myself in the report.

Your turn!

Let's start a thread! Please take the test and tell us what your results are. (You do not have to go into detail, just let us know your temperament.

This is a good one.

Grace
:woo hoo:

Seemingly effortless beauty or charm of movement, form, or proportion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Dec 2010 10:28 #2 by ScienceChic
I'm a Guardian.

Guardian's pride themselves on being dependable, helpful, and hardworking. Yup.

Guardians make loyal mates, responsible parents, and stabilizing leaders. Yes, yes, and don't know for sure (me, stabilizing? Hah!).

Guardians tend to be dutiful, cautious, humble, and focused on credentials and traditions. Mostly. Not as big on traditions as I see tradition as an excuse for not embracing the new/going with the flow, doggedly clinging to the past, seeking a false sense of security.

Guardians are concerned citizens who trust authority, join groups, seek security, prize gratitude, and dream of meting out justice. Trust authority to a point, but always question, remain skeptical. Yup, yup, absolutely, and you betcha!

Who's next?!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

28 Dec 2010 19:50 #3 by Grace
Replied by Grace on topic Free personal assessment test
Yes! A response!

I just posted this on Pinecam and three people responded. Two are Guardians and one is an Idealist like me.

285er's let's keep this going!

Grace
rundog:

Seemingly effortless beauty or charm of movement, form, or proportion.

29 Dec 2010 09:09 #4 by Travelingirl
Guardian - dug a little deeper and found this:

Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging

ENFJs are the benevolent 'pedagogues' of humanity. They have tremendous charisma by which many are drawn into their nurturant tutelage and/or grand schemes. Many ENFJs have tremendous power to manipulate others with their phenomenal interpersonal skills and unique salesmanship. But it's usually not meant as manipulation -- ENFJs generally believe in their dreams, and see themselves as helpers and enablers, which they usually are.

ENFJs are global learners. They see the big picture. The ENFJs focus is expansive. Some can juggle an amazing number of responsibilities or projects simultaneously. Many ENFJs have tremendous entrepreneurial ability.

ENFJs are, by definition, Js, with whom we associate organization and decisiveness. But they don't resemble the SJs or even the NTJs in organization of the environment nor occasional recalcitrance. ENFJs are organized in the arena of interpersonal affairs. Their offices may or may not be cluttered, but their conclusions (reached through feelings) about people and motives are drawn much more quickly and are more resilient than those of their NFP counterparts.

ENFJs know and appreciate people. Like most NFs, (and Feelers in general), they are apt to neglect themselves and their own needs for the needs of others. They have thinner psychological boundaries than most, and are at risk for being hurt or even abused by less sensitive people. ENFJs often take on more of the burdens of others than they can bear.

29 Dec 2010 10:12 #5 by jf1acai
Guardian.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

29 Dec 2010 10:23 #6 by pineinthegrass
I must of made a mistake somewhere because I came up as an Artisan.

"Artisans are the temperament with a natural ability to excel in any of the arts, not only the fine arts such as painting and sculpting, or the performing arts such as music, theater, and dance, but also the athletic, military, political, mechanical, and industrial arts, as well as the "art of the deal" in business."

So far as painting goes, I'm pretty good now at varnishing doors. Sculpting? Not unless it's playing with mashed potatoes. I do have some music skills, but haven't done much with it for years. I tend to do well with mechanical stuff.

29 Dec 2010 13:41 #7 by Nobody that matters

pineinthegrass wrote: I must of made a mistake somewhere because I came up as an Artisan.

"Artisans are the temperament with a natural ability to excel in any of the arts, not only the fine arts such as painting and sculpting, or the performing arts such as music, theater, and dance, but also the athletic, military, political, mechanical, and industrial arts, as well as the "art of the deal" in business."

So far as painting goes, I'm pretty good now at varnishing doors. Sculpting? Not unless it's playing with mashed potatoes. I do have some music skills, but haven't done much with it for years. I tend to do well with mechanical stuff.

There is a very artistic side to mechanical work - The calming sound of a well oiled and tuned engine's purr, The beauty in a properly machined part, The feel of the last cold steel bolt snugging into place...

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

29 Dec 2010 20:47 #8 by dummy up
Guardian, but these tests are BS for the most part.

29 Dec 2010 21:45 #9 by archer
idealist......no surprise there

29 Dec 2010 22:54 #10 by navycpo7
Took the test, kinda reminds me of the test I took for my shrink. First 10 questions were different then each of the other 14 set of 10 questions were the same questions just reworded and renumbered.

Came our Guardian.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds