Bill to end daylight saving time in Colorado

10 Feb 2011 13:07 #11 by ScienceChic

The Viking wrote: OK, I changed my mind. I don't want this. I thought we kept the extra hour of daylight Nov to March not lost an hour the other 8 months.

Wishy washy flip-flopper! rofllol

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Feb 2011 13:15 #12 by Grady

Science Chic wrote:

The Viking wrote: OK, I changed my mind. I don't want this. I thought we kept the extra hour of daylight Nov to March not lost an hour the other 8 months.

Wishy washy flip-flopper! rofllol

You tell him !!!!!

10 Feb 2011 14:15 #13 by JMC
One half hour change nationwide, End it after that, easy.

10 Feb 2011 14:25 #14 by Ronbo
I always look forward to the time changes in both the spring and the fall. One hour is not enough of a time difference to mess with the internal clock and I enjoy the later daylight in the summers and the fact that it gets dark early in the winter.

10 Feb 2011 17:25 #15 by major bean
Get rid of DST!. It is not to benefit the common man but was always intended to give mucky-mucks an additional hour to play golf after work in the evening. To hell with them! Up with the people! Viva la Franc! Remember the Alamo!

Regards,
Major Bean

10 Feb 2011 19:05 #16 by jf1acai
rofllol :rofl

You obviously do not enjoy doing anything outside on nice summer evenings, after a days w*rk :wink:

By the time this bill would be enacted, I will be retired, and will have forgotten what a clock is :biggrin: , so it won't really matter to me.

I still think it is the wrong approach.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

10 Feb 2011 19:07 #17 by AV8OR
I was under the impression, at an early age, that the concept of "daylight savings time" was created to provide additional hours of daylight for folks during the vacation peak time of the year.

Could this have an impact during Summer?

I'm thinking of my family and friends of the Redneck Yacht Club that tie their Mercury, Johnson or Evinrudes together on the lake in the Summer while enjoying some fine liquid beverage as the sun goes down at 9:30 pm!

[center:2e4hcsof]:fishing:[/center:2e4hcsof]
Bermudas, flip flops and a tank top tan. He popped his first top at ten a.m. That's RON , he's our President!

[youtube:2e4hcsof]
[/youtube:2e4hcsof]

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds