Bill to end daylight saving time in Colorado

10 Feb 2011 09:20 #1 by The Viking
Rep. Ed Vigil, D-Fort Garland, wants to do away with daylight saving time, saying it’s easier not to have to change clocks — and sleeping patterns — in the spring and the fall.
House Bill 1067 would end daylight saving time in the Colorado, leaving the state on Mountain time year round. The bill is scheduled to be heard in committee this morning (MST.)

What does everyone think of this? Personally I would love not losing an hour int he fall! I think it would make people more productive longer. It is tough when the sun goes down at 4-5 PM. Plus I think driving in the winter would be safer with another hour of daylight.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/thespot/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Feb 2011 09:25 #2 by Grady
I say :thumbsup:
I hate the time changes.

Note: Cheri Gerou, House district 25 Representative will be at the 285 Corridor Tea Party meeting next Thursday come on down and voice your opinions.

10 Feb 2011 10:05 #3 by jf1acai

The bill ends daylight saving time in the state, leaving United States Mountain Standard Time as the year-round standard time in Colorado.

That means we lose an hour of evening daylight from March to November.

I would prefer to stay on daylight saving time year round.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

10 Feb 2011 10:11 #4 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Bill to end daylight saving time in Colorado
The only problem is the kids trying to get to school in the morning in the dark.

10 Feb 2011 10:25 #5 by ScienceChic
Works for me!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Feb 2011 10:30 #6 by Maizy
I soooo hope they do away with it!!

10 Feb 2011 11:46 #7 by The Viking

jf1acai wrote:

The bill ends daylight saving time in the state, leaving United States Mountain Standard Time as the year-round standard time in Colorado.

That means we lose an hour of evening daylight from March to November.

I would prefer to stay on daylight saving time year round.

Wait is that right? Or do we gain an hour of daylight from Nov to March? I thought that it just always stays ahead with no falling back in the winter.

10 Feb 2011 11:57 #8 by jf1acai

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

10 Feb 2011 12:15 #9 by The Viking
OK, I changed my mind. I don't want this. I thought we kept the extra hour of daylight Nov to March not lost an hour the other 8 months.

10 Feb 2011 12:28 #10 by RenegadeCJ
HORRIBLE BILL!!!!! If we are gonna get rid of something, lets stay on daylight savings year round. This would REALLY be bad in the summer. I love the extra hour of light after I get home!!! I was just telling my DD that I can't wait for the time change next month so we can play outside after I get home!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds