Conifer Park & Rec District

15 Feb 2011 19:35 #1 by Stymie
The Conifer park & rec district people are back and it's up for a vote in the May election. They are promising no new taxes. However, if you read their proposal there will be no new taxes until they feel that the economy has improved enough to ask for a mill levy. Of course they don't mention this in their sales pitch. I'm wondering what the general tenor is on this board regarding this. Frankly I'm against it. If you want to pay for recreation then pay for it yourself; don't make me pay for it too.
BTW, this is what has me on double secret probation on Pinecam. I called an eagle scout a hypocrite because he was for the district and stated that if people couldn't afford the new taxes they shouldn't be living beyond their means and should move. To me this seems to go against the scout's pledge; but what do I know anyway.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Feb 2011 07:45 #2 by Nobody that matters

Stymie wrote: BTW, this is what has me on double secret probation on Pinecam. I called an eagle scout a hypocrite because he was for the district and stated that if people couldn't afford the new taxes they shouldn't be living beyond their means and should move. To me this seems to go against the scout's pledge; but what do I know anyway.

His opinions on finances should be more tempered with humility. Unfortunately, I have seen the award go to some scout's heads - but that's the exception rather than the rule.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

16 Feb 2011 08:24 #3 by BearMtnHIB
Pinecam is about as worthless as tits on a boar hog when it comes to community topics like the proposed tax district for recreation. I have seen entire threads on this topic disappear there.

One thread on this topic had more than 70 posts and 1600 views when it disappeared - after I complained it re-appeared with only the first post left on it - everyone elses comments were deleted. The first post was in favor of creating the district.

I think that someone with the authority to delete and manipulate content is a supporter of the new district - and the inevitable taxes we will all face as a result of it's creation.

I'll post more later on the subject.

16 Feb 2011 10:41 #4 by V_A
Replied by V_A on topic Conifer Park & Rec District
I voted against, but I don't live in Jeffco

16 Feb 2011 12:02 #5 by Mtn Gramma

Nobody that matters wrote:

Stymie wrote: BTW, this is what has me on double secret probation on Pinecam. I called an eagle scout a hypocrite because he was for the district and stated that if people couldn't afford the new taxes they shouldn't be living beyond their means and should move. To me this seems to go against the scout's pledge; but what do I know anyway.

His opinions on finances should be more tempered with humility. Unfortunately, I have seen the award go to some scout's heads - but that's the exception rather than the rule.

That eagle scout is still parent-supported. He doesn't yet have to deal with a mortgage, utilities, food budget, etc., so of course everyone else should be paying for his recreation.

16 Feb 2011 16:11 #6 by deltamrey
As the area develops we will need facilities for the kids - they have little up here except dope. booze and hikes. I have seen a number of 75,000 people living within 10 miles of Aspen Park - and growing albiet slowly. 285 will be the next big development zone in Denver and we will have little choice. Time to consider incorporation of Conifer and embrace development (it it the ONLY economic engine we have here).

16 Feb 2011 16:27 #7 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Conifer Park & Rec District

deltamrey wrote: I have seen a number of 75,000 people living within 10 miles of Aspen Park

rofllol
I and I'm sure others would like to see a source for that figure. Maybe, just maybe if the circle was drawn to include areas east of C470, and those folks are going to come up the hill to a rec center.

16 Feb 2011 16:43 #8 by HEARTLESS
Like sharks are drawn to blood, empire builders in goverment can't pass up an opportunity to feed on the taxpayer.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

16 Feb 2011 17:59 #9 by V_A
Replied by V_A on topic Conifer Park & Rec District
In the past I know (1st hand) a Realtor that was supporting the Rec district, because it would help their sales. Do we know who is the $ behind this current plan?

16 Feb 2011 20:34 #10 by deltamrey
The source for the number is the Conifer COFC.........giggle.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds