Howdy

09 Jun 2010 09:17 #1 by ComputerBreath
Howdy was created by ComputerBreath
Howdy: Read about this site in the Flume and decided to check it out. I am a rarity...a Colorado native. Live in Fairplay, work in Breckenridge at a glue factory. Lived in Kiowa, southeast of Castle Rock until I was 14 then moved to my mom's hometown of Glenwood Springs where I graduated high school. Realized my opportunities weren't so great, so I followed my high school counselor's advice and joined the Air Force where I got a chance to experience differences within the United States and in other countries. Retired after 20 years and came back to Colorado to enjoy time being around my family and the snow. Don't know a whole lot of people in Fairplay...haven't put myself out there to meet many people either. Just looking to keep abreast of happenings in the area I call home. Enjoy what I've seen so far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jun 2010 09:29 #2 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Howdy
Welcome, from another Colorado native! :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

09 Jun 2010 09:31 #3 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Howdy

ComputerBreath wrote: Howdy: Read about this site in the Flume and decided to check it out. I am a rarity...a Colorado native. Live in Fairplay, work in Breckenridge at a glue factory. Lived in Kiowa, southeast of Castle Rock until I was 14 then moved to my mom's hometown of Glenwood Springs where I graduated high school. Realized my opportunities weren't so great, so I followed my high school counselor's advice and joined the Air Force where I got a chance to experience differences within the United States and in other countries. Retired after 20 years and came back to Colorado to enjoy time being around my family and the snow. Don't know a whole lot of people in Fairplay...haven't put myself out there to meet many people either. Just looking to keep abreast of happenings in the area I call home. Enjoy what I've seen so far.

Thank you for sharing that. How do you like living in Fairplay? I've only been there once before myself and liked it. Nice to meet a CO native! Hope you enjoy your time at this site. I look forward to reading more of your posts. Don't forget there is a Facebook 285Bound site as well. Please feel free to share some of your pictures from your neck of the woods. Nice to have you here!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

09 Jun 2010 09:32 #4 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Howdy

jf1acai wrote: Welcome, from another Colorado native! :wink:

I didn't know you are a native too. That's very cool!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

09 Jun 2010 10:11 #5 by ComputerBreath
Replied by ComputerBreath on topic Howdy
I like living in Fairplay fine. It definately is not a great place for young kids to live because there really isn't a whole lot to do. Of course, I'm only there in the evenings, on weekends, and on holidays because I work in Breckenridge.

I lived in San Antonio TX prior to Fairplay, and much prefer small-town life to huge city life.

As soon as I get a chance, I'll post some photos that I've taken in my journeys through the county.

09 Jun 2010 10:22 #6 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Howdy
I bet that was quite the altitude and climate adjustment coming from San Antonio to Fairplay.

I'm interested to learn there's a glue factory in Breckenridge. I had no idea. Can you tell me a little more about it?

09 Jun 2010 10:37 #7 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Howdy
Welcome!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Jun 2010 10:44 #8 by ComputerBreath
Replied by ComputerBreath on topic Howdy
Yes, it was a HUGE change...but I do not like heat nor do I like humidity, so it was a welcome change.

We make Ultra-Violet curing adhesive for the electronics, optoelectronics, and medical communities. Our products are in HP ink cartridges, golf cart batteries, deep water fish finders, hard drives on computers, some car electronics, and chandeliers, just to name a few. We have sold to countries on every continent except Antarctica.

09 Jun 2010 16:34 #9 by RivendaleFarms
Replied by RivendaleFarms on topic Howdy
Boy, the things I never knew about Breckenridge!

I'm married to a CO native, does that count? :biggrin:

Welcome!

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds