Who Do You Really, Really Trust?

05 Mar 2011 09:23 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Who Do You Really, Really Trust? was created by CinnamonGirl
I began to compile a list in my head of the number of people I trust completely, implicitly, without question, hesitation, or reservation. The requirements:

• Must be able to keep any confidence, for as long as is required (forever if necessary)
• Must be able to protect my interests and act accordingly
• Must love me despite my many flaws
• Must forgive me when I act like a jerk

http://simplystated.realsimple.com/simp ... trust.html

I have 4 in this category. Loving me despite my flaws and forgiveness when I act like a jerk is pretty big.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Mar 2011 21:52 #2 by ScienceChic
No one but myself, and even then I recognize that I sometimes have put myself in situations in which I can't trust my judgement as I might not make the wisest decision. It's a work in progress to not be so distrustful, but not easy at all. Thankfully, I have a very patient and understanding husband who has helped me improve a bunch! I hope when my kids are grown that I can trust and rely on them as they can me.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Mar 2011 22:50 #3 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic Who Do You Really, Really Trust?
My Creator.

... for he hath said , I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Hebrews 13:5

06 Mar 2011 09:00 #4 by major bean
The list is a "me" list. I have absolutely no one on a list that would include these criteria.
(the qualifier "must" is too demanding of others in a relationship)

My list:
• Will keep a trust if the trust is honorable
• Will act in my best interests even whenever I do not agree with "my best interest"
• A person whom I admire for their character
• A person who may forgive me if I have not hurt them too much

Regards,
Major Bean

06 Mar 2011 12:48 #5 by Momma Bear
The only people I trust are:

1. My God
2. My husband
3. My daughter
4. My son and his wife!!

07 Mar 2011 11:05 #6 by ComputerBreath
My God and my mother. The bottom line for me, is to not hurt or harm me and to be reliable...unfortunately, neither of my children fit into those definitions at the moment...though that is subject to change as they age, get wiser, and/or mature.

07 Mar 2011 11:26 #7 by TPP
God, Wiffie, Kids, puppy, MOST Family members and others that know who they are... nuff said.

07 Mar 2011 11:29 #8 by TPP
Should we also bring up who NOT TO TRUST, like any woman with a phone, (except the above mentioned).
Anybody that says" We're here from the government to help!" (paraphrase from RR)

07 Mar 2011 12:44 #9 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Who Do You Really, Really Trust?
Any woman with a phone WTH? :faint:

Should we also bring up who NOT TO TRUST, like any woman with a phone, (except the above mentioned).

07 Mar 2011 13:25 #10 by LopingAlong
Funny that you posted this now. Just went through the list for myself this week end only it was more of what I needed/wanted in a friend.

Turns out number one criteria for me is that I MUST admire the person. Just find it interesting--the timing and all of this thread. At the end of the weekend, I ended up with five people whom I trust and admire. Five. 53 years on the planet and I have five people. Seemed a short list to me.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds