How to get the most benefit out of 285Bound

27 Mar 2011 20:28 #1 by jf1acai
285Bound has many great features, and some that may not seem so great :wink:

What is the best way to use the great features, and avoid those that don't seem so great to you?

I'm sure everyone has their own ideas, but I'll post some of mine to start the discussion,
    Register for email alerts - <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/email_sub.php " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">email_sub.php<!-- l -->

Register and login to the forums - there are many benefits, even if you only want to lurk. By using 'View new posts' (my favorite) or 'View active topics' you will most likely see topics that are of interest to you, even though they have been posted in forums which you do not normally visit. It is easy to scroll past those posts that do not interest you, but if you only look at selected forums, you may miss many interesting subjects.

Look at the topics already posted before starting a new topic. If the subject has already been posted, join in the discussion there. If you miss that someone already posted it, it isn't a big deal, but looking first just helps everyone using the forums.

Participate! An item that is of interest to you is most likely also of interest to others, even if no one has already posted it. It is a good idea to try to post your input in the proper forum, but not a 'capital offense' if you don't - someone will move it if necessary. The more people who participate and post varied subjects, the more interesting the forum will be for all.

Be considerate of other posters. Even if you think that someone's post is the most assinine thing you have ever seen, try to respond as if the statement came in a face to face conversation with your desired future mother in law, rather than with your ex wife/husband :wink:

Ignore obvious trolls. Unless of course you just want to have fun with the troll, in which case be sure to keep the discussion as fun!

Okay, how about other suggestions for making the best of the experience on 285bound?

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Mar 2011 07:33 #2 by jf1acai
No one else has any suggestions?

Amazing!

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

30 Mar 2011 10:11 #3 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic How to get the most benefit out of 285Bound
Forum Tip--Going to the top of a page You can go to the top of the page in the a thread by press the top button to the left of the profile button.

Here is another forum tip.

Forum tip-Did you know you can get an email whenever the scanner forum posts? You can subscribe to any forum to get emails when someone posts. This works in any forum. We also have an email list for emergencies, special deals from our business partners and future newsletters. Go here to add your email to our Email Alert List.

And some other helpful links.

http://285bound.com/guests.php
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6595 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6595<!-- l -->

30 Mar 2011 10:21 #4 by Blazer Bob

CinnamonGirl wrote: Forum Tip--Going to the top of a page You can go to the top of the page in the a thread by press the top button to the left of the profile button.

Did not know that, thanks.

30 Mar 2011 16:37 #5 by ScienceChic
If CG can add a neat little graphic to help with this description :wink: I just learned about the shortcut arrows (right next to bent corner yellow paper picture) before a thread title will take you to the first unread post and the shortcut arrow (right next to bent corner white paper picture) all the way over to the right at the description of the last post will take you right to that post.

Also, did you guys know that there's a whole page of handy internet links under the Local, Calendar tab at the top? Open that tab and scroll down to EZ Internet Links page. It's got local business coupons, weather, news, sports, cooking, webcams, and more! I've got some suggestions of internet sites to add! :biggrin:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Mar 2011 18:08 #6 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic How to get the most benefit out of 285Bound
On the Index, Forum pages.

If you put your cursors over the little folders it will show you where you are going. It can save a bunch of time.

Here is a shortcut I use alot as well to make the font bigger. When I can't see something tiny. ctrl + or ctrl scroll on your mouse. Will make the font larger or smaller. :)

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds