Save the Date - Silent Auction 10/22/11

25 Aug 2011 09:42 #1 by Steve-o
Save the date! The best event in town is coming on October 22. Be at the Angry Llama from 12 - 2 for the annual IMHS Silent Auction. Get the best deals you will ever find and help support the animals of IMHS. There are already over 150 items to choose from with more coming. From gift certificates to your favorite local retailers to items that will please everyone on your holiday shopping list you are sure to find something that tickles your fancy. Stay tuned here for more information in the coming weeks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Oct 2011 08:19 #2 by IMHS
Here are a few of the many items that will be available at the silent auction:

3 different wood sculptures from WW Woodworks (the pictures do NOT do justice to these amazing works of art!)

A King size Amish quilt

Kelty Backpacks

Snowshoes

There are dozens of other items (and more pictures to come later) including:
Gift baskets
Wine baskets
Fly-fishing equipment
Yoga equipment
Home decor items
Paintings, lithographs and prints
A king size feather bed topper
and much, much more!

Don't forget to join IMHS on 10/22 from 12 till 2 at the Angry Llama diner to bid on these items and support all the animals!

19 Oct 2011 11:38 #3 by IMHS
A few more of the many great items available THIS SATURDAY at the IMHS Silent Auction:

Several prints and photographs from local artists

A woodstove steamer:

A Mandolin:

Spyder Outerwear (several jackets and hats):

There is much, much more, too! Please come join us at Conifer Crossings (next to Angry Llama) on Saturday from 12 - 2 for great deals and support your local humane society!

20 Oct 2011 15:01 #4 by IMHS
Are you into flying pigs? Here is your chance to own a unique, one of a kind flying pig.
Come on out and bid on this and all the other great items we have.

22 Oct 2011 10:48 #5 by pacamom
Today's the day!

Come on out and get your Holiday shopping done!

22 Oct 2011 13:27 #6 by JMC
Nice pig!

22 Oct 2011 17:20 #7 by pacamom
First item sold at the Buy It Now price was that pig.

22 Oct 2011 20:01 #8 by freebird
I'm pretty sure the raspberry rhubarb pie was the first item to be purchased (through the "buy it now" option) which was before the auciton officially started. The peach pie was next to go, and THEN the flying pig.

However, I will share that there was more than one bidder that was rather saddened that they (we) didn't even have a chance to do the "bid" dance on the flying pig. I was pleasantly surprised at how many items were immediately sold through the "buy it now" option, and others that received bids that exceeded the fair value amount.

What a fun day! The animals are the biggest winners. Thanks to our community for such a success (the donors, bidders, and volunteers)...our site's very own science chic was much appreciated for her continued support of the shelter, and her hard work at today's event. Did you end up going home with that special pie basket?

22 Oct 2011 20:59 #9 by pacamom
Picky picky. :)

22 Oct 2011 21:11 #10 by ScienceChic
No need to thank me - it was my pleasure to help (I had a great time, especially getting in a bidding war with a friend over that pie basket and it's contents!). Yes, I did get the basket and she got the goodies - win-win! I also won a cool fabric/leather tote with a bottle of wine! I'm still sad I got outbid on Jayne Fair's 90 min Rain Drop massage, I'll just have to go buy one now. :)

It was wonderful to see all the support and generosity for IMHS! Thanks from me too, to everyone for that!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds