DW's 285 Diner

19 Jul 2010 09:35 #11 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic DW's 285 Diner

I am Woman wrote: I had lunch at DW's yesterday. The food was very good and the service was excellent! It's just so difficult to decide what to order. I think I'll just have to keep going back until I can work my way through the menu. :)

The Pork chop Dinner is great FYI. Especially for the price and the portions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jul 2010 22:12 #12 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic DW's 285 Diner

I am Woman wrote: I had lunch at DW's yesterday. The food was very good and the service was excellent! It's just so difficult to decide what to order. I think I'll just have to keep going back until I can work my way through the menu. :)

I agree! I'm liking this place based on 2 visits so far.

It's not gourmet food by any means, but I think they found the right niche. Plenty of choices, very good food, nice portions, at very reasonable prices.

We were there in the evening last week. No wait, but every table was kept busy. I couldn't count how many staffers they had waiting the tables, but it was at least 6 (plus greeters and owner(s) dropping by). Service was still great considering the crowd. These guys clearly know how to run a restaurant. With other local places, once they get full, you often face very long waits. I'm impressed with what DW's has done so far, especially for a new restaurant.

Back to testing the menu soon...

20 Jul 2010 22:21 #13 by The Viking

pineinthegrass wrote:

I agree! I'm liking this place based on 2 visits so far.

It's not gourmet food by any means, but I think they found the right niche. Plenty of choices, very good food, nice portions, at very reasonable prices.

We were there in the evening last week. No wait, but every table was kept busy. I couldn't count how many staffers they had waiting the tables, but it was at least 6 (plus greeters and owner(s) dropping by). Service was still great considering the crowd. These guys clearly know how to run a restaurant. With other local places, once they get full, you often face very long waits. I'm impressed with what DW's has done so far, especially for a new restaurant.

Back to testing the menu soon...

A few more I have tried. The meatloaf is fantastic and moist, and the Adult Mac and cheese is not only huge but incredibly tasty with ham and veggies in it and very cheesy. The Salmon was good. Nothing spectacular but a good meal for the price. Also had the quesadia appetizer and it was very tasty and big for the $3.

And I love the cheesy bread that you get with each meal. I am really loving this place.

20 Jul 2010 22:33 #14 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic DW's 285 Diner
OK, meat loaf is probably next for me then.

The mac & cheese sounds great, but veggies in it? That just doesn't sound right. No veggies allowed in mac & cheese, other than onions (is that a veggie?). Ham or hot dog pieces are tolerable.

First visit, I had the lasagne. I liked it, lots of meat, but it was just luke warm. Liked the cheese bread.

I had the pastrami sandwich the second time. That's the best one I've had in the mountains, with plenty of meat and a nice roll. But I've had better elsewhere, although they usually cost more. No complaints, it was good.

Chocolate cake desert was huge and tasty.

They have burgers, but don't seem to feature them. They don't describe them much, but I'm hoping they are half pounders.

21 Jul 2010 08:17 #15 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic DW's 285 Diner
We've eaten there twice. Food was good although both times I had the Quesadilla since I don't eat meat and there are no other choices for me. Hubby-the carnivore loved it though. Prices are good.

I think if they'd have breakfast, that would be terrific and something for me to eat that is vegeatarian, would be great!

21 Jul 2010 08:24 #16 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic DW's 285 Diner
They told me breakfast is coming soon...they just wanted to get everyone trained, and running smooth before adding that additional meal!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

04 Jul 2011 09:50 #17 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic DW's 285 Diner
Wiffie & I just came back from breakfast. FOOD was GREAT, cheesy hasbrown the best. I had the Country Grub in a skillet, with 2 bacon, 3 links, sour dough (puppies got that I can't eat it) ended up bringing some home with us. Fantastic for $8.95 well worth $12.00 elsewhere. Service was Great, except I was never asked if I would like more water for my tea, but Wiffie's mug was kept full. Coffe & tea a little steep @ $2.50 each, but it's no biggie, because the food price made up for it. Wiffie on the other hand asked for over-medium eggs and got over-easy.
So OVER ALL, I highly recommend D.W.'s Diner for breakfast, and will be going back soon. Got another good breakfast place up here, help them to thrive...

04 Jul 2011 10:06 #18 by The Viking

TPP wrote: Wiffie & I just came back from breakfast. FOOD was GREAT, cheesy hasbrown the best. I had the Country Grub in a skillet, with 2 bacon, 3 links, sour dough (puppies got that I can't eat it) ended up bringing some home with us. Fantastic for $8.95 well worth $12.00 elsewhere. Service was Great, except I was never asked if I would like more water for my tea, but Wiffie's mug was kept full. Coffe & tea a little steep @ $2.50 each, but it's no biggie, because the food price made up for it. Wiffie on the other hand asked for over-medium eggs and got over-easy.
So OVER ALL, I highly recommend D.W.'s Diner for breakfast, and will be going back soon. Got another good breakfast place up here, help them to thrive...

I forgot they served breakfast now. Thanks for the reminder. My brother and his family just left this morning. I spent an hour making them all a good breakfast. We could have tried that if I would have remembered it.

04 Jul 2011 17:50 #19 by Mountaingirl
Replied by Mountaingirl on topic DW's 285 Diner
definitely agree "comfort food", good prices and great service. i have always ordered my fav; roast turkey w/all the trimmings and leave w/a "take home" snack - the portions are BIG. i always have intentions of trying dessert, but never have room - i need to go in and "eat dessert first! i also like the atmosphere, very comfy.

04 Jul 2011 21:50 #20 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic DW's 285 Diner
It's good to hear that the food is good - I was hearing something had happened and the food had drastically gone downhill, to the point waitstaff wouldn't eat it.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds