DW's 285 Diner

12 Jul 2010 08:43 #1 by RenegadeCJ
DW's 285 Diner was created by RenegadeCJ
We went to check out the new DW's 285 grill in the Aspen Park center where Pier 49 used to be.
Great addition to the restaurants up here. They call it comfort food, and it is. We had their pot roast, a burger, and some kiddo mac n cheese. Everything was great! Dessert was a mud pie, which was wonderful. Owners live up here, and came out to talk to all the customers. Very open to suggestions, and very friendly! Prices were very reasonable, and service was great.

I scanned a menu for anyone interested!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jul 2010 09:11 #2 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic DW's 285 Diner
Wow, that looks great! Almost like a mini Cracker Barrel or Mimi's Cafe. Just what we needed up here. I have to try it soon!

12 Jul 2010 10:49 #3 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic DW's 285 Diner
Thanks for the menu. I'll stop by for lunch later today. Looks good

12 Jul 2010 10:54 #4 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic DW's 285 Diner
I am a sucker for French dip. But it has to be good. That looks like a great menu. Way cool.

12 Jul 2010 11:38 #5 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic DW's 285 Diner
That is reasonable prices.

Shows I'm paying attention - when did Peir 49 close anyway?

12 Jul 2010 14:23 #6 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic DW's 285 Diner
I went for lunch last Friday. I had the shrimp cocktail and quesadillas. I wish I had ordered the mac n cheese or just a burger and dessert.

12 Jul 2010 15:12 #7 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic DW's 285 Diner
Had a very good beef sandwich today,slaw was also good . Nice people and they were fairly busy. Hope they thrive and keep the quality up.

12 Jul 2010 15:39 #8 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic DW's 285 Diner
Stopped in today for a take out lunch. The place was packed. Atmosphere was comfortable and all the people working there had an attitude like Aunt Bee on The Andy Griffith Show. Very pleasant and friends people. Ran into JMC there. We had a good talk too.

Now the food. I eat like a horse so I ordered two meals. They had a special wich was a green Chilli Meat and bean burrito. Had to try it so I ordered that and it was very tasty and filling for $6.50.

The other meal I got was the stuffed pork chops. This meal was amazing and huge. The pork chops were tender and very tasty. It came with great stuffing. Mashed potatoes, buttered carrots, and a cheesy bread that was great. Every bit of it was top of the line. And good portions of all of it. And all for only $8.95

I will definitely go back. :thumbsup:

13 Jul 2010 22:50 #9 by CC
Replied by CC on topic DW's 285 Diner
Wow. The prices look great and from all the great reviews....We are going to have to get over there this weekend.
Thanks for the heads up!

19 Jul 2010 09:15 #10 by I am Woman
Replied by I am Woman on topic DW's 285 Diner
I had lunch at DW's yesterday. The food was very good and the service was excellent! It's just so difficult to decide what to order. I think I'll just have to keep going back until I can work my way through the menu. :)

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds