285 sports Bar & Grill - Closed!

20 Nov 2010 18:10 #1 by TPP
Well, just got back from, our 34th anniversary dinner at the 285 Sports Bar & Grill.
And I can recommend it, I had the Rib-eye, and it was GREAT! :biggrin:
Wiffie had the AHI tuna and said it was great, (I didn’t get a bite, so it must have been).
They are still working out a few kinks, but hell, this is only their 2nd night, and they got slammed last night.
The owners Jim & Doug, were out on the floor greeting, and chatting with folks, (that’s a first). They want this to work. Saw friends, & it was like a family get together (the good parts, anyway). Nice to see the owners also helping the staff with serving. It’s was a bit noisy, but hell it’s a Sports Bar…
So, Glad to see them open again, and we will be going back soon!!!
Gotta go, Avs are on!!!!

P.S. Note to self, Give them some CHARGER posters... :biggrin:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Nov 2010 18:23 #2 by JMC
I stopped in there yesterday for lunch. Great burger,the onion rings looked really good too. 2 owners stopped by to ask how the food was. Service was sketchy but they were only open since Tuesday. The place was clean and fresh . i asked them to send a menu to post and they said they would. All in all a needed addition to the 285 corridor.

20 Nov 2010 18:56 #3 by jf1acai
Best wishes to them!

I hope they can stay open at least long enough for me to get a chance to try them. :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

21 Nov 2010 11:56 #4 by PondLady
I may talk the family in going there today. Thanks for the insight!

21 Nov 2010 19:17 #5 by PondLady
So, where exactly is 285 Sports Bar & Grill?

21 Nov 2010 19:28 #6 by The Viking

PondLady wrote: So, where exactly is 285 Sports Bar & Grill?

I just left there. It is wher the old Green Valley Grill use to be. It is across the highway from the Angry Llama.

21 Nov 2010 19:50 #7 by PondLady

The Viking wrote:

I just left there. It is wher the old Green Valley Grill use to be. It is across the highway from the Angry Llama.

I'm not real familiar with that area. Is it in the new Safeway shopping center area? Or am I way off.

21 Nov 2010 19:54 #8 by The Viking

PondLady wrote:

The Viking wrote:

I'm not real familiar with that area. Is it in the new Safeway shopping center area? Or am I way off.

About 2 miles south of there on 285 on the left. Across the highway from the big Victorian building.

21 Nov 2010 20:28 #9 by PondLady

The Viking wrote:

PondLady wrote:

The Viking wrote:

About 2 miles south of there on 285 on the left. Across the highway from the big Victorian building.

Thank you!

26 Nov 2010 14:29 #10 by Nmysys
Some of the folks from here had lunch there on Wednesday and I thought the food was great, for once. It has been under many owners and I would like to see someone make a go of it, these guys look like they may do it. Science Chic, Pacamom, Pineinthegrass and his wife, Grady and I and another lady who's screenname I forget all seemed to enjoy the food.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds