× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

NFL Roster Moves/Rumors

27 Jul 2011 00:06 #1 by ScienceChic
Just saw on ESPN that the Vikings are working on a trade deal to get McNabb! I think that's a good move. Tavaris Jackson has supposedly signed with the Seahawks, and Matt Leinart is rumored to be in talks with them as well - Hasslebeck won't be back? I think Hasslebeck's over-rated, too inconsistent, so I'm not surprised.

Mike Brown stated that the Bengals will not be trading Palmer - dumb move. He's lost it due to injury.

Any other rumors/news you've seen and what do you think about them? If this restructuring leads to a lot of roster moves/shake-ups, it'll be an exciting season! :woo hoo:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jul 2011 00:11 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic NFL Roster Moves/Rumors
Bye bye Orton. I have to get caught up. Hopefully I will be ready to really talk about this in a few days.

McNabb are you high?

27 Jul 2011 00:20 #3 by archer
Replied by archer on topic NFL Roster Moves/Rumors
There's a bumper crop of rumors running through the NFL......it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. I expected the Vikings-McNabb deal, but think they are nuts to trust the guy. He has always let his teams down when they most needed him.

Mixed feeling on the Orton exit....he's not that great a quarterback, but he is at least a known quantity....I just don't see Tebow being ready.......

Cowboys look to be dumping a number of high draft pick/expensive players that never panned out.

I love this time of year.....and I'm happy to have my football season back, even though I am still a bit angry with the whole NFL for dragging this out so long......who do they think they are? Congress-critters?

27 Jul 2011 00:36 #4 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic NFL Roster Moves/Rumors
LOL archer! The Ravens are dumping quite a few names too. This'll be fun

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 Jul 2011 00:46 #5 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic NFL Roster Moves/Rumors
Tebow will run circles around Orton. It is not hard as bad as Orton is. It sucks being in limbo and McNabb is better than nothing I guess. It is going to be interesting to see what happens with the Broncos new Coach. Thank god we are ready to go.

28 Jul 2011 11:06 #6 by Martin Ent Inc
I'm glad they settled the lockout, now all the players not in jail can report for training camp.

28 Jul 2011 14:25 #7 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic NFL Roster Moves/Rumors
I am thinking I will boycott the pre-season this year to show my anger over the lockout. Exhibition football is such a sham anyway. The starters playing a quarter at most.
Hopefully other fans join me and ratings for the preseason reach record lows.

Tebow/Orton? I like Tebow but I think Orton will get more touchdowns this year. More experience on a better team.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

28 Jul 2011 14:38 #8 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic NFL Roster Moves/Rumors

SS109 wrote: I am thinking I will boycott the pre-season this year to show my anger over the lockout. Exhibition football is such a sham anyway. The starters playing a quarter at most.

Tebow/Orton? I like Tebow but I think Orton will get more touchdowns this year. More experience on a better team.

Orton will be traded to Miami by tomorrow. They are getting closer. We can't afford his $9 million anyway.

28 Jul 2011 14:41 #9 by archer
Replied by archer on topic NFL Roster Moves/Rumors

The Viking wrote:

SS109 wrote: I am thinking I will boycott the pre-season this year to show my anger over the lockout. Exhibition football is such a sham anyway. The starters playing a quarter at most.

Orton will be traded to Miami by tomorrow. They are getting closer. We can't afford his $9 million anyway.

We could afford him if he was a $9 million quarterback....but he's not.

28 Jul 2011 14:45 #10 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic NFL Roster Moves/Rumors

archer wrote:

The Viking wrote:

We could afford him if he was a $9 million quarterback....but he's not.

Especially when they expect Tebow to be the starter this year or next. That is way too much money for a backup.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds