× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Read this you stats guys.

21 Sep 2011 15:22 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Read this you stats guys. was created by CinnamonGirl
My opinion about who should start at quarterback for the Broncos shouldn't matter to anyone. But the facts should matter to everyone.

The facts show thatTim Tebowis ahead of many of the NFL's greatest quarterbacks at this point in his career, and that the Broncos are more competitive with Tebow at quarterback than with Kyle Orton.

In his three regular season NFL starts, Tebow outperformed Peyton Manning,Tom Brady, Steve Young,Troy Aikmanand John Elway in their first three starts. Tebow did all that while leading a 3-10 team that had nothing left to play for, a team that had lost eight of its last nine games with Orton at quarterback.

Tebow's NFL rating of 82.70 is more than double that of Aikman (38.43) and Elway (38.53), and superior to Brady's (77.23). Data kept by the NFL also blows up the media-created myth that Tebow can't pass. In his three starts, Tebow threw for more yards (651) than Brady (618) or Elway (313). Manning threw for 32 more yards than Tebow, but it took him 33 more attempts to do it. Tebow also threw for more touchdowns than the other five quarterbacks.

Read more:Facts sack Tebow critics - The Denver [url=Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_18913528#ixzz1YGRJ8J8H" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/opinion/c ... z1YGRJ8J8H[/url]
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Sep 2011 15:30 #2 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Read this you stats guys.
As much as I would like to see Tebow try his hand at quarterback for the Broncos, I don't think stats from 3 games would be a definitive reason to pull Orton and replace him with Tebow. If our coaches are worth their reputation, then their assessment of the quarterbacks should carry more weight than stats from 3 games. If the coaches are not that capable, well we have bigger problems than who is quarterback, and a change wouldn't make one bit of difference. I really like Tebow, and I believe he will get his chance, if not later this year (if Orton falters) then next year when Orton is, I believe, a free agent.

22 Sep 2011 20:09 #3 by Grand Larceny
Tebow has absolutely no chance of ever being a starting QB in this league.

22 Sep 2011 20:32 #4 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Read this you stats guys.
Oh well, statistic are what they are. IF you are inclined to believe that Tebow will never make a NFL qb it makes no sense to argue with your beliefs. Time will tell. Personally, I believe his leadership skills will make the difference, not his form or supposed inability to pass. Passing stats are what they are, numbers and his numbers simply are better than most, an undeniable fact.

23 Sep 2011 07:23 #5 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Read this you stats guys.

Grand Larceny wrote: Tebow has absolutely no chance of ever being a starting QB in this league.

Tim has already been a starting QB. If the Broncos have a string of losses early eliminating them from playoff contention, expect to see Tebow get another chance.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Sep 2011 08:41 #6 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Read this you stats guys.
lol ...So has Stoney Case and to quote stats from 3 games is ridiculous...It's like when I guy gets a hit in his first MLB AB and has a .1000 batting average...And you guys are saying he's the best hitter ever!

Wow

Ok

23 Sep 2011 08:42 #7 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Read this you stats guys.
Then lets use Orton's stats. He sucks. Tebow is going to be as good or better and at least you can use your whole playbook with him.

23 Sep 2011 08:46 - 23 Sep 2011 08:50 #8 by UNDER MODERATION
You guys understand that Kyle Orton won like 10 outta 12 games in his rookie season and took the Bears into the Playoffs, and he broke all kinds of all time passing records at Purdue? Right?

Shouldn't we be talkin Hall of Fame?

23 Sep 2011 08:48 #9 by UNDER MODERATION

CinnamonGirl wrote: Then lets use Orton's stats. He sucks. Tebow is going to be as good or better and at least you can use your whole playbook with him.

On a scale of 1 to 10 Orton is 6.5 or a 7. Tebow is a 3

23 Sep 2011 08:49 #10 by UNDER MODERATION
You guys are the same people that thought Orton was better than Cutler after they made the trade... lol

Don't make me dig up embarassing posts now

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds