× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

10 things that will make the Broncos successful in 2012

24 Jun 2012 15:50 #1 by CinnamonGirl
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20 ... ssful-2012

Find a solution for the fade pattern. They did that when they got rid of Orton. I have to admit I am getting football fever. I can't wait for my Sundays again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jun 2012 18:04 #2 by otisptoadwater
Ironic that the first thing on the list is this guy:

I sure hope Manning stays healthy and plays as well as he has in the past. I'm a little disappointed that we won't get to see Tebow in a Broncos uniform this season but I'll be following his career as long as he is an NFL Quarterback. Why bring up Tebow? Tebow is still young and has shown he can take a hit and keep playing. Manning is accustomed to being protected and not having to worry about getting sacked. Manning has the skill and experience to know when it's time to get rid of the ball, even so what will happen when he does get hit hard? Will he bounce back to his feet and keep playing, sit out a play or two, or could he suffer a career ending injury? I know it's a loaded question and I don't want to see any player get hurt (unless it's a Raider), I'm just wondering how fragile Manning is and how many seasons the Broncos will got out of him before he retires.

The first preseason game is against the Bears at Soldier Field on 9 August, I don't expect that we'll see much of Manning in that game. Hopefully between training camp and the preseason games we will get a reasonable preview of what to expect in the 2012 season.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

24 Jun 2012 18:19 #3 by LOL
#1 Ditch the orange uniforms! :lol:

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

25 Jun 2012 09:17 #4 by CinnamonGirl

otisptoadwater wrote: Ironic that the first thing on the list is this guy:

I sure hope Manning stays healthy and plays as well as he has in the past. I'm a little disappointed that we won't get to see Tebow in a Broncos uniform this season but I'll be following his career as long as he is an NFL Quarterback. Why bring up Tebow? Tebow is still young and has shown he can take a hit and keep playing. Manning is accustomed to being protected and not having to worry about getting sacked. Manning has the skill and experience to know when it's time to get rid of the ball, even so what will happen when he does get hit hard? Will he bounce back to his feet and keep playing, sit out a play or two, or could he suffer a career ending injury? I know it's a loaded question and I don't want to see any player get hurt (unless it's a Raider), I'm just wondering how fragile Manning is and how many seasons the Broncos will got out of him before he retires.

The first preseason game is against the Bears at Soldier Field on 9 August, I don't expect that we'll see much of Manning in that game. Hopefully between training camp and the preseason games we will get a reasonable preview of what to expect in the 2012 season.

I agree on the Tebow thing. It just shows no imagination or creativity. This is why he is in NY. Rex Ryan is a much more open minded type of Coach. Fox really annoys me. But he this is not unusual for coaches. I believe Shanny would have done well with Tebow. I am not sure he will get a chance with Ryan either though.

Now the good thing about Manning if he stays healthy is his ability to draw good players that want to play with him but I don't have much faith in Fox.

25 Jun 2012 18:37 #5 by otisptoadwater

CinnamonGirl wrote: Now the good thing about Manning if he stays healthy is his ability to draw good players that want to play with him...

rofllol That didn't come out quite right! But seriously, at the end of each game all that matters is if it's another tick mark in W column or not. Manning has the experience and the skill and it's great that other talented NFL players want to be on the same team as him. The problem with a rotating cast of characters comes down to everyone knowing all of the plays in the play book and enough time on the field as a team to be able to anticipate what will happen when play goes south.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

25 Jun 2012 18:50 #6 by LOL

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

25 Jun 2012 18:51 #7 by LOL

otisptoadwater wrote: ...what will happen when play goes south.

25 Jun 2012 19:09 #8 by CinnamonGirl

otisptoadwater wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote: Now the good thing about Manning if he stays healthy is his ability to draw good players that want to play with him...

rofllol That didn't come out quite right! But seriously, at the end of each game all that matters is if it's another tick mark in W column or not. Manning has the experience and the skill and it's great that other talented NFL players want to be on the same team as him. The problem with a rotating cast of characters comes down to everyone knowing all of the plays in the play book and enough time on the field as a team to be able to anticipate what will happen when play goes south.

Hey, I am not Manning groupie. I also believe that he is boring and not that innovative but he does have the drive to win and will work hard. I really think that has alot to do with success. I hope to see him change his style and open up a bit but I don't think that will happen because of fox. Having Manning is not going to fix that egomaniac. Otis sorry I don't agree with your assessment that they would have trouble learning that plays.

25 Jun 2012 20:25 #9 by otisptoadwater
CG, I hope you prove me wrong! Knowing the plays in the play book is one thing, working together as a team and being able to improvise when a play falls apart is going to take time on the field and players who know each other well enough to react in the moment. I guess we will have to wait and see what comes out of training camp and the preseason.

I like watching preseason football because you get to see the players who might make it, the players who won't make it, and some funny plays that just didn't work or experiments that work once. Odds are we won't get a look at Manning for a full game before the season starts but I am looking forward to getting a peek or two during the preseason.

25 Jun 2012 20:44 #10 by CinnamonGirl
Otis please..... You seriously don't think they are changing the play book? OF course they are. I still think Manning's style is out dated and other teams have figured him out and if they are not changing the playbook they are even dumber than I thought. I am NOT going to give Manning the he is great pass. He has to prove it and the last few years he has not been as great as he used to be that is why I think he needs to change up his plays a little bit and get open minded. I don't believe Fox and Elway are smart enough to pull that off. The reason Manning has not been as good is he has been given the star treatment and his team was changing for him and that is going to make him obsolete. IMO. I actually hope you prove me wrong. If they do well and I am wrong then I will be happy. They don't get my undying approval until they prove it.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds