× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

285 Bound's 3rd Annual Pick 3 Official thread-Hoot Owl Wins!

06 Sep 2012 19:33 #31 by pacamom
Chicago
Oakland
Green Bay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Sep 2012 21:28 #32 by ScienceChic

The Viking wrote:

jmc wrote: Atlanta
New England
Washington

Prize? The Viking?

Sorry, you're not my type. But it explains a lot about you. :biggrin:

Awww, but you two would look so cute together! rofllol
The prize is bragging rights to the winner, and they get to start the thread next year. If you wanna win something, next year join the 285Bound Fantasy Football League!

pacamom wrote: Chicago
Oakland
Green Bay

Thanks paca!

The Viking wrote:

KodiakJack wrote: Dang, I missed the start. Is it too late? Never played this but sounds kinda fun.

Yes you can still join in anytime. You just have to pick 3 teams before they kickoff each week. Only one game has been played so you have plenty still to pick from.

:yeahthat: Glad to have ya jump in Kodiak! I'm still undecided on who to pick so I'll probably be waiting until right before game time Sunday morning as usual. The first week is so hard...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Sep 2012 05:34 #33 by RenegadeCJ

terbear wrote:

ok I AM IN ...
WIN PHILLY
WIN JETS
WIN GREENBAY PACKER

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

07 Sep 2012 06:12 #34 by LOL
Wow, good to see lots of new players, going to be a good contest! Let the games begin! (I'm waiting for SC's picks, LOL)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

07 Sep 2012 10:54 #35 by ScienceChic
lol If all you do is copy me, then we'll just end up tied for 1st! tongue: Unless your plan is to pick opposite of me (and that might not be a bad method, considering some of the weeks I had last year!) :faint:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Sep 2012 10:55 #36 by KJack

Science Chic wrote:

The Viking wrote:

jmc wrote: Atlanta
New England
Washington

Prize? The Viking?

Sorry, you're not my type. But it explains a lot about you. :biggrin:

Awww, but you two would look so cute together! rofllol
The prize is bragging rights to the winner, and they get to start the thread next year. If you wanna win something, next year join the 285Bound Fantasy Football League!

pacamom wrote: Chicago
Oakland
Green Bay

Thanks paca!

The Viking wrote:

KodiakJack wrote: Dang, I missed the start. Is it too late? Never played this but sounds kinda fun.

Yes you can still join in anytime. You just have to pick 3 teams before they kickoff each week. Only one game has been played so you have plenty still to pick from.

:yeahthat: Glad to have ya jump in Kodiak! I'm still undecided on who to pick so I'll probably be waiting until right before game time Sunday morning as usual. The first week is so hard...

thanks Chic! Here's a dumb question, is there a limit on how many times you can pick a specific team?

07 Sep 2012 11:00 #37 by ScienceChic
There are no dumb questions! :)

No, you can choose the same team every week if you'd like (TPP can't seem to stay away from his beloved Chargers for example); the only rule about picking is that once you choose your picks for the week you can't change them, and you have to pick before that teams' game kicks off.

Did we ever decide if we can pick games that are designated OFF in the opening lines? We could treat them as pick-ums where it's just straight up who's gonna win. Just checking for a consensus...

07 Sep 2012 15:19 #38 by KJack
OK, I'll probably end up getting spanked but I'm going with pure emotion on my first picks:

Seattle (AK's home team)
San Diego (Raider hater I am)
Denver (my new home team)

Hoping to see big Ben on his big butt and Payton getting his 400. I'll be more logical with my next picks.

07 Sep 2012 15:53 #39 by LOL

Science Chic wrote: There are no dumb questions! :)

Did we ever decide if we can pick games that are designated OFF in the opening lines? We could treat them as pick-ums where it's just straight up who's gonna win. Just checking for a consensus...

I think the OFF games eventually get point spreads posted before kick-off, so you just need to wait or take a guess. They are usually due to injuries.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

07 Sep 2012 17:31 #40 by ScienceChic

KodiakJack wrote: OK, I'll probably end up getting spanked but I'm going with pure emotion on my first picks:

Seattle (AK's home team)
San Diego (Raider hater I am)
Denver (my new home team)

Hoping to see big Ben on his big butt and Payton getting his 400. I'll be more logical with my next picks.

Recorded, thanks!

LOL wrote: I think the OFF games eventually get point spreads posted before kick-off, so you just need to wait or take a guess. They are usually due to injuries.

The thing about waiting for spreads on OFF games is that someone may pick it when it says one thing, then someone else picks it with a different line - we had that controversy the first year with people picking based on different spreads and then getting upset when someone else picked the same game with a different spread and they won, but the first person lost - that's when we decided to go with a line that didn't change. I'm thinking we don't use the OFF games then.

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds