× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

285 Bound's 3rd Annual Pick 3 Official thread-Hoot Owl Wins!

02 Dec 2012 10:12 #421 by The Viking
Hate this week. There are 6 great picks (Houston, SF, Chicago, Cincinnati, Carolina and New England), but I know there will be a couple upsets in them. I so wanted to pick Carolina as they should win big but I hate that emotional factor with KC playing this game for their fallen teammate and they are due for an upset. So I am going with....

New England (playing for home field in the playoffs but hate any spread over -6)
Cincinnati (Playing for a wildcard spot)
Houston (two teams going opposite directions)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Dec 2012 10:14 - 02 Dec 2012 10:22 #422 by The Viking
OK, Photo, I did not just copy you. Had these picked for the last half hour or so, but kept over thinking the Houston or Carolina games and couldn't hit send. Didn't see yours until I hit send. Good luck to both of us this week.

Now we need to root hard for Denver and St Louis to gain a couple on Hoot Owl!

02 Dec 2012 10:20 #423 by Photo-fish
I was actually sitting on mine for the past 45 minutes thinking the exact same thing. Wish I could hit a tavern and watch the Packer/Viking game, but all these Christmas/Chanukah lights are not gonna get put up by themselves.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

02 Dec 2012 10:25 #424 by The Viking

Photo-fish wrote: I was actually sitting on mine for the past 45 minutes thinking the exact same thing. Wish I could hit a tavern and watch the Packer/Viking game, but all these Christmas/Chanukah lights are not gonna get put up by themselves.

Brooks is a great local bar up here where the owner is a big Viking fan but it draws in a HUGE Packer crowd. Drives me nuts! The Pack will win anyway. Percy Harvin is out again. That takes away a huge weapon against them. And the Pack may tie Chicago this week when Seattle upsets them. They have a lot to play for.

And I did most of my lights yesterday.

02 Dec 2012 18:05 #425 by Hoot Owl
Well done Viking and ><((((º>`

.... How many weeks are left?

02 Dec 2012 18:31 #426 by The Viking

The Viking wrote: Hate this week. There are 6 great picks (Houston, SF, Chicago, Cincinnati, Carolina and New England), but I know there will be a couple upsets in them. I so wanted to pick Carolina as they should win big but I hate that emotional factor with KC playing this game for their fallen teammate and they are due for an upset. So I am going with....

New England (playing for home field in the playoffs but hate any spread over -6)
Cincinnati (Playing for a wildcard spot)
Houston (two teams going opposite directions)

Got real lucky today! I was right the other three were upset (SF, Chicago and Carolina) so I picked the right 3. But NE only covered by 1/2 point and Cincinnati had to come from behind at the end. But another 3-0 week. 25-5 in the last 10 weeks. I would be cleaning up in Vegas!

02 Dec 2012 18:36 #427 by The Viking

Hoot Owl wrote: Well done Viking and ><((((º>`

.... How many weeks are left?

Thanks. 4 more weeks then 2 playoff weeks picking 3, then championship week picking the two games, then the Superbowl. So I think 21 games left to pick. A lot of games left.

02 Dec 2012 18:51 #428 by Hoot Owl
I dont think we are picking past the regular season. RenegadeCJ is there a ruling? How do I pick 3 for the Super Bowl?

02 Dec 2012 18:58 #429 by The Viking

Hoot Owl wrote: I dont think we are picking past the regular season. RenegadeCJ is there a ruling? How do I pick 3 for the Super Bowl?

We have picked all the way to the Superbowl every year. One year it was the deciding game. You only pick that game that week, and only the two games the week before that.

02 Dec 2012 21:01 #430 by pacamom
Hey Viking - it looks like you gained on Hoot Owl.

Sorry Hoot.

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds