× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

My Mountain Town 2014 Pick 5 Contest!

04 Oct 2014 12:10 #191 by pineinthegrass
Dallas
NY Giants
Cleveland
Cincinnati
Seattle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Oct 2014 15:49 #192 by RenegadeCJ

Blondie wrote:

RenegadeCJ wrote: Had they won, you wouldn't have brought it up. Kind of like a penalty in football. If you pick late, you lose either the pick or the game, and I have no interest in tracking one person with one less pick. Pretty much, if you get flagged for a rule, you lose a down.

I did the same a couple of years ago…..picked after games started, and I lost all the games I picked. You only lost a game…I lost 3 in the pick 3!

Actually I noticed it early when the game was still 7-0, but dinner and stuff got in the way. I would have brought it up either way. The question of my integrity is misplaced. Track it in whatever manner you choose. I am sure the leaders in this entertaining online game are shaking in their boots. :biggrin: :unsure:

I'm not questioning your integrity at all. I know had I picked late, I never would have noticed it, unless someone brought it up! I don't think you were trying to cheat in any way shape or form. I notice the group playing this year seems to take it as it is intended…for fun.

If you want to pick another one, go for it. I just want you to have 5 picks total…..so scoring is easier for me!!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

05 Oct 2014 07:29 #193 by pacamom
Baltimore
Dallas
Chicago
Tennessee
New England

05 Oct 2014 07:43 #194 by LOL
LOL
Pittsburgh -7
Philly -7.5
San Diego -7.5
San Francisco -4.5
Cincinnati +2

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

05 Oct 2014 08:02 #195 by archer
Buffalo
Philly
Cleveland
NY Giants
San Diego

05 Oct 2014 08:16 #196 by Blondie
Baltimore
Dallas
Cleveland
New England

05 Oct 2014 08:58 - 05 Oct 2014 08:59 #197 by PrintSmith
Week 5
Kansas City
Cincinnati
New York Giants
Cleveland
and against my better judgement - Denver

05 Oct 2014 09:51 #198 by The Viking
I am done over thinking these.

Minnesota
Cleveland
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
San Diego

05 Oct 2014 10:08 #199 by LOL
Cleveland is probably a good pick, dang I missed that one.

Good luck Rogues and Rascals!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

05 Oct 2014 10:11 #200 by ScienceChic
According to the rules posted on the 1st page :

2) You must make your choices before the games start. This doesn't mean before the first game of the week, but rather whatever games you pick (ie if picking the Thursday game, do it by Thursday night before kick-off, the Sunday games by 10:59am, 1:59pm, or 8:19pm, or whenever kick off is for each game). Once you post a pick, you are locked into that pick.

3) If you forget to pick until after the games have started, you are out of luck. No picks = nothing added to your score, either for win or loss.

Blondie, thank you for catching it and pointing it out yourself, that was very honorable of you in my book. It won't be a loss, it just won't count is all.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds