× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

My Mountain Town 2014 Pick 5 Contest!

02 Oct 2014 19:54 #181 by Blondie

The Viking wrote:

Blondie wrote: I will go with Minnesota as well tonight.

Ouch!

Looks like I got my pick in after kickoff. So I don't know if it counts or not.
Can I get a ruling either way? Since when does football start at 6:30?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Oct 2014 21:31 #182 by archer
I went back and forth so many times on tonight's game I finally decided to skip it altogether, sometimes indecision pays off.

03 Oct 2014 07:12 #183 by FredHayek
These Thursday games have all been blowouts, and usually the home team is doing it. Might be a good tip for your Pick 5's the rest of the season. The theory on ESPN is that Thursday games don't give the travel team enough time to practice.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Oct 2014 11:37 #184 by JMC
Giants
bears
bills
Washington
texans

03 Oct 2014 14:27 #185 by PrintSmith

Blondie wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Ouch!

My understanding of the rules is that if the pick is posted after kickoff the results are not counted, win or lose - essentially the same as if you mistakenly picked 4 games instead of 5. You won't get a tally in the lost column, but you don't get to pick a replacement game either.

03 Oct 2014 17:33 #186 by LOL
My understanding of the rules is that every time someone violates a rule, LOL gets an extra win! Chachinnngg!
It was in the fine print somewhere. Bwhaahahahaha! :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

03 Oct 2014 18:05 #187 by RenegadeCJ
Mtngirl
Broncos
Colts
Cowboys
Lions
Eagles

Renegade
Cincy
Seattle
San Diego
Indy
Dallas

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

03 Oct 2014 18:09 #188 by RenegadeCJ

Blondie wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Ouch!

Well, my thought would be you take the loss. Had they won, you wouldn't have brought it up. Kind of like a penalty in football. If you pick late, you lose either the pick or the game, and I have no interest in tracking one person with one less pick. Pretty much, if you get flagged for a rule, you lose a down.

I did the same a couple of years ago…..picked after games started, and I lost all the games I picked. You only lost a game…I lost 3 in the pick 3!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

03 Oct 2014 22:19 #189 by Blondie

RenegadeCJ wrote: Had they won, you wouldn't have brought it up. Kind of like a penalty in football. If you pick late, you lose either the pick or the game, and I have no interest in tracking one person with one less pick. Pretty much, if you get flagged for a rule, you lose a down.

I did the same a couple of years ago…..picked after games started, and I lost all the games I picked. You only lost a game…I lost 3 in the pick 3!

Actually I noticed it early when the game was still 7-0, but dinner and stuff got in the way. I would have brought it up either way. The question of my integrity is misplaced. Track it in whatever manner you choose. I am sure the leaders in this entertaining online game are shaking in their boots. :biggrin: :unsure:

04 Oct 2014 08:00 #190 by freebird
freebird's week 5 picks:

Dallas
St Louis
Cincinnati
Seattle
Cleveland

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds