× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Raven RELEASE Ray......

08 Sep 2014 12:46 #1 by homeagain
Guess there is justice after all.....PENALTY for slugging his girlfriend in the face....pushed out of play
and CANNED. :football: :incomplete: :nfl: :football:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Sep 2014 12:53 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Raven RELEASE Ray......
The NFL has also suspended him so the Oakland Raiders don't get any ideas.

But now comes the question of did the NFL have the video? They claim they didn't, but Sports Illustrated and the NY Times says they had seen it.

Time for Commissioner Roger Goddell to go? Only put the hammer on Rice after the rest of America sees the video?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Sep 2014 16:26 #3 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Raven RELEASE Ray......
I'm sure Goddell was playing golf with Odumbo and had no idea.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

09 Sep 2014 08:17 #4 by FredHayek
:nfl: Now the victim is speaking out on social media that the penalty is too severe. If the victim herself is willing to forgive, should the commissioner re-examine the ban on Ray Rice? Or is better to use the Baltimore player as an example of domestic violence and it might just save thousands of women out there from similar abuse.

09 Sep 2014 08:41 #5 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic Raven RELEASE Ray......
The victim thinks it is too severe since it will crimp her spending habits. Typical abused spouse, seen to many myself. They make excuses for the abuser. She needs help.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

09 Sep 2014 13:38 #6 by ComputerBreath
So reports are coming out that she was hitting him & spitting on him. In my mind, both are at fault...but, she is acting like a victim by saying he's being punished too much.

Why is it that the woman usually gets away with it and the man doesn't?

09 Sep 2014 13:40 #7 by FredHayek
:nfl: Let the dog abuser/killer Michael Vick back in the league, are Ray Rice's crimes worse?

09 Sep 2014 17:38 #8 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic Raven RELEASE Ray......

FredHayek wrote: :nfl: Let the dog abuser/killer Michael Vick back in the league, are Ray Rice's crimes worse?

Do you have an opinion regarding that comparison that you'd like to share with us Fred? Ask my wife and she'll say that Vick's was a more heinous crime - ask me when the wife isn't around and I'll opine that Rice's was by far worse.

What I question is this. Didn't the NFL recently release their policy on handling domestic violence issues? I don't seem to recall that a first offense was to be met with an indefinite suspension. Is the league able to ignore its own written policies as they appear to be doing in this instance? I believe that the league should follow the policy it just issued, suspend Rice for 6 games, and give him a chance to redeem himself.

Can any one of us stand before all of society and have them judge us on our worst behavior? How many of us would be tarred and feathered like this if everyone in the Union were able to see a video of our worst day?

09 Sep 2014 18:04 #9 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Raven RELEASE Ray......
ANOTHER release...Nike and Under Armour,both lucrative contracts....

The obscene issue is this..."cold cocks" her "out" and DRAGS her limp unconscious form out of the
elevator. NOTE, does not pick her up,appears NOT to give a crap about what he just did....like she was
a stranger who had attempted to assault him...THAT is the telling part of this sad saga...the INDIFFERENCE IS DISTURBING. JMO

09 Sep 2014 20:02 #10 by swansei
Replied by swansei on topic Raven RELEASE Ray......
They both need serious counseling.

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation... One is by sword...The other is by debt." John Adams 1826.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds