× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

My Mountain Town 2015 Pick 5 Contest!

09 Jan 2016 10:43 #431 by RenegadeCJ
Mtngirl

Houston
Cincinnati
Washington
Seattle

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jan 2016 12:42 #432 by freebird
Actually, I think this 1st game is the hardest to pick. Both are hungry for a post-season win and I definitely could see this game being won by 3 points. I think the deciding factor comes down to how Hoyer-Hopkins play.

I'm picking Houston +3

I'll make my other selections, later.

09 Jan 2016 12:53 #433 by ScienceChic

RenegadeCJ wrote: Week 17 standings
(As always, please let me know if you see someplace I goofed up)
If a tie, standings are in alphabetical order.

Viking 3-2 Overall 47-37-1
Archer 2-3 Overall 46-35-4
ComputerBreath 0-5 Overall 45-38-2
Freebird 2-3 Overall 44-39-2
FredHayek 1-4 Overall 42-39-4
Renegade 2-3 Overall 42-40-3
PineintheGrass 0-5 Overall 40-40-5
Ashley 1-4 Overall 39-43-3
Chall99 2-3 Overall 39-44-2
Happy Camper 0-5 Overall 38-45-2
Quadman 3-2 Overall 38-42-1
ScienceChic 2-3 Overall 38-43-4
Mtngirl 1-3-1 Overall 36-46-3
HeartandSoul 1-3-1 Overall 34-49-2

RenegadeCJ wrote: Week 19-Wild Card Weekend Opening Spreads
PICK ALL GAMES

Saturday, January 9th
KC @ Houston +3
Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati +2.5

Sunday, Jan 10th
Seattle @ Minnesota +4.5
Green Bay @ Washington PICKUM

Ashley wrote: Congrats Viking! Thanks for your encouragement. I am enjoying playing no matter how it comes out.

I have come to the conclusion though that since I have a lot more losses than wins that I should have picked the opposite each time and I would have been higher up. :)

And you are right it is much harder to pick for Week 19. Will have to give it some thought.

Thanks RenegadeCJ for all your work.

Here's to a bright and beautiful year!

Wild Card
KC
Cincinnati
Minnesota
Washington

FredHayek wrote: :lombardi:
Saturday, January 9th
KC
Pittsburgh

Sunday, Jan 10th
Seattle
Washington

Who does Denver want to play? KC or Pittsburgh? I think the Steelers have a better tradition of winning, but KC is on a streak! :voodoo: Here you go Big Ben!

RenegadeCJ wrote: My picks don't really matter, but for what it is worth.

Seattle
KC
Washington
Pittsburgh

archer wrote: I agree with Viking's assessment on this week.... Flip a coin. So I flipped one coin, home team or visitors, I'm going with the home teams

Houston
Cincinnati
Minnesota
Washington

With any luck I'm on to something and Denver goes all the way to the Super Bowl with their home field advantage.

ComputerBreath wrote: Ouchie for last week.

ComputerBreath
KC
Pittsburgh
Green Bay
Seattle

pineinthegrass wrote: Kansas City
Cincinnati
Seattle
Washington

The Viking wrote:

The Viking wrote: This week is 4 coin flips. Too many variables with each team for a win or a loss. I guess I will start with

Kansas City.

ok, I need to stop overthinking this one. This is the hardest game of the week. and I am going to go against my instincts and what people are sayingand I did three coin tosses and they all came up Cincinnati.

so my first two pics are Kansas City and Cincinnati

RenegadeCJ wrote: Mtngirl

Houston
Cincinnati
Washington
Seattle

freebird wrote: Actually, I think this 1st game is the hardest to pick. Both are hungry for a post-season win and I definitely could see this game being won by 3 points. I think the deciding factor comes down to how Hoyer-Hopkins play.

I'm picking Houston +3

I'll make my other selections, later.

Okay, I'm going to start with KC who I think is going to obliterate Houston and of course Cincinnati because even though we are missing our ginger, we can and will beat the Steelers now that it counts. Don't let me down boys, I'm banking on having a heart attack with your excruciating play calling (gorram draw play on a 3rd and 20 grrrr) during the Superbowl in which we'll be playing. :biggrin:
#shouldgoUPmylifeinsurance #takingcareofmyfamily LOL

For the NFC games, ugh that first one is a tough pick. I'll go with Minnesota only because I'd rather see them win. And since Green Bay has been so inconsistent lately, I'll pick Washington.

Good luck everyone! May we have good games to enjoy, cold drinks, and fun friends with which to watch!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Jan 2016 13:05 #434 by Chall99
KC
Cincinnati
Minnesota
Green Bay

09 Jan 2016 18:04 #435 by freebird
And Pittsburgh -2.5

(ScienceChic, I might have just ensured a Bengals win. ;) )
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

09 Jan 2016 19:17 #436 by ScienceChic
I hope so freebird! At this rate, I definitely have not had enough to drink (McCarron just threw an interception...ugh).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Jan 2016 19:26 #437 by FredHayek
Very wet game! Be more fun if the rain was snow.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

09 Jan 2016 20:36 #438 by The Viking

The Viking wrote:

The Viking wrote: This week is 4 coin flips. Too many variables with each team for a win or a loss. I guess I will start with

Kansas City.

ok, I need to stop overthinking this one. This is the hardest game of the week. and I am going to go against my instincts and what people are sayingand I did three coin tosses and they all came up Cincinnati.

so my first two pics are Kansas City and Cincinnati

my last two pics for tomorrow are.....

The Vikings and Washington

09 Jan 2016 22:01 #439 by archer
With apologies to SC, I'm not sorry the Bengals lost that one, it was an ugly finish. I am grateful they only lost by 2.

09 Jan 2016 22:51 #440 by ScienceChic
C'est la vie. There's always next year!

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds