× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

STANLEY CUP 2019 - GO AVS!

20 Apr 2019 09:28 #11 by DDawg
Replied by DDawg on topic STANLEY CUP 2019 - GO AVS!
"AVALANCHE - ANNIHILATION" That's what the title of last night's game against the Flames should be. For a team that was so far behind just a couple weeks ago, the Avs are bringin the fury! I've never had so much fun watching hockey! We have a team set-up that's begging (and frankly showing!!!) to prove to all of us that they have what it takes to grab the trophy that signifies it all, the Stanley Cup. I'm drop dead excited to see what happens in the second round. Below is a good recap of Game 5 last night, posted on YouTube and courtesy of SPORTSNET. Cheers!

-Smokey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Apr 2019 10:53 #12 by FredHayek
Very impressive against a great team. They have the momentum right now.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Apr 2019 07:05 #13 by DDawg
^ Agreed! Their next challenge is looking like it'll be even tougher as the next up and coming rival(s) are going to Game 7. Challenge...accepted.

-Smokey

22 Apr 2019 17:01 #14 by homeagain
WISH the Broncos could "bring it"......like the AVS.....B)

22 Apr 2019 17:21 #15 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: WISH the Broncos could "bring it"......like the AVS.....B)

IIRC, the Broncos were the last one to bring a title home to Denver. Been a long time for the Av's but it does look like they are gelling now. Go Av's!

The following user(s) said Thank You: DDawg

24 Apr 2019 16:43 #16 by DDawg
FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHT! - Here we go again this Friday against the Sharks, this time in Round 2 baby! I hope they bring plenty uh whaaburgers and french cries to sooth their soon to be battered souls. WITNESS!

@Homeagain, I hear ya there but agree with Fred that they were the last "Denver" team to bring home any kind of title at least. Our other national teams just can't seem to reach past the bar but I'm holding out hope for the Av's, they're peaking at the perfect time! Besides, I like hockey better than the other sports around and although I try not to politicize everything under the sun, they do a pretty good job at keeping politics out of the game, which I can very much appreciate nowadays.

-Smokey

25 Apr 2019 11:00 - 26 Apr 2019 11:01 #17 by FredHayek
The Av's have a few advantages in this round of the playoffs. They are rested and are young. The Sharks are an older team which had to play seven games and three overtimes, almost another game.
I still wish the Knights had won, perfect excuse to go to Las Vegas, which is always a cheap flight and easy to find inexpensive hotel rooms.

26 Apr 2019 07:52 - 26 Apr 2019 07:53 #18 by DDawg
Double ditto on that, we got a lot of "fresh blood" pumping that is giving us some great chances so long as they keep up the awesome team work (they will!). The Sharks still have some gasoline to throw on the fire however, regardless of the fact they played all seven in the first series in my opinion. We lost to 'em before. However, after what I've seen over the last couple weeks, I really don't have any doubt on the outcome of this series!

I hear ya on Las Vegas, I've never been and would like to go someday too lol. As for the Knights, they're just too new of a team to deserve a Stanley Cup, for me at least. They made it pretty far though, so their fans should be happy about that.
________________________________GO AVS GO!!!!______________________________

-Smokey

27 Apr 2019 09:48 - 27 Apr 2019 09:52 #19 by DDawg
Good game but maybe the long rest wasn't for the best for the Av's? Let's step this up, it looks just like the start with Calgary. We all know how that series ended don't we? Extended recap from YouTube posted below, courtesy of the NHL. It was only Game 1/Round 2 guys and gals! GO AVS!

-Smokey

EDIT: After really lookin back at the recap, we're looking "asleep" at the wheel. Amazing what the lack of "suds" will show ya huh? LOL. The rest was most definitely not a good thing in my opinion. I bet this woke them up though!

30 Apr 2019 03:57 #20 by DDawg
NAILED IT - Game 2 was a success, but not for lack of effort from the Sharks! This is gonna be a tough series but no one likes a sweep, at least not myself. Look what happened with the long break for the Av's? It either goes well getting a long rest or not and we obviously don't need to take any chances with this team.

I had a very long weekend with my wife in Blackhawk for her birthday and then a going away bbq (another Native and irreplaceable friend gone), then a stupid crazy Monday yesterday lol, so this morning as I get ready to head out the door for work, I looked up the Game 2 recap, posted on YouTube and courtesy of the NHL. The Sharks meet us on Home ice tonight at eight o'clock! GO AVS!

-Smokey

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds