× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

STANLEY CUP 2019 - GO AVS!

06 Apr 2019 20:21 #1 by DDawg
Here we go! Avs have made it into the Stanley Cup Playoff's for two consecutive seasons that hasn't happened since the 2007-08 season (I could be corrected?). They played an incredible game against Winnipeg to get into the playoff's in the first place, and tonight they play San Jose. I can't wait!

Root for the best sport around and let's cheer these boys into the final, the CUP! Cheers!

-Smokey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Apr 2019 07:13 #2 by homeagain
Not a REAL sports fan, but I am a native and getting THAT kind of accolades is awesome.:like:

07 Apr 2019 08:45 #3 by FredHayek
Good luck Avalanche!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

07 Apr 2019 09:25 #4 by HappyCamper
Go Av's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07 Apr 2019 10:33 #5 by DDawg
Replied by DDawg on topic STANLEY CUP 2019 - GO AVS!
Nice to see some hockey fans! I guess last night's game was the last regular season game (I'm a far cry from an "expert" lol) but the showing went badly in a hurry, I posted the recap from YouTube below. We'll hang in there for 'em and see 'em back on the ice this Thursday against Calgary as they truly open the Playoffs.

-Smokey

08 Apr 2019 12:52 #6 by FredHayek
Calgary will be the #1 seed versus the #8 Av's but hockey can be strange. A goalie can stand on his head and make upsets happen.

08 Apr 2019 16:44 - 08 Apr 2019 16:50 #7 by DDawg
^ Yassir, agreed! Varmalov is an outSTANding goalie, I hope he stays with us awhile.

Can't wait for this week's game, gonna be a good one! Saw this (below) today, have a great night you guys!

kdvr.com/2019/04/08/banners-celebrating-...p-in-larimer-square/

-Smokey

18 Apr 2019 06:00 #8 by DDawg
A good handful of posts are missing off of this topic, wth? Maybe it's from linking to YouTube too much? If that's the case, most computer savvy people should know by now how to find the game recaps. If I remember I'll keep posting those but I digress....

Last nights game was another breath holder, Avs took it in OT again!!! One or two more and they move on to round two of the playoffs! GO BABY GO!!!

-Smokey

18 Apr 2019 06:46 #9 by FredHayek
The Calgary goalie had an awesome game! He was denying everything the Av's threw at him. But eventually a few pucks made it in. Playoff hockey is such fun. Would have loved being at the Pepsi Center last night.

18 Apr 2019 16:53 #10 by DDawg
Yea man, that Mike Smith is one of the best goalie's I've ever seen. We're lucky the D isn't the greatest or I think we'd be out in the cold with a wet blanket lol! I really wanted to be at the Pepsi Center too, I actually had a line on tickets from a season ticket holder but couldn't justify what they wanted for them and I also get up a zero dark thirty every day during the week. MAAAAN I'm glad they're doing so well but we have a long road ahead, let's keep that "avalanche" rolling! Tomorrow night is in the bag, LET'S DO THIS!!!!

-Smokey

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds