× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Will Josh McDaniels make it through the season?

29 Nov 2010 09:09 #11 by Grady
I think he's got at least 2 more years, after that....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Nov 2010 09:46 #12 by Scruffy
Yeah, about 2 more years. He's got about 30 games to pull a winning season out of his hoodie.

BTW - Wade Phillips was mush worse.

29 Nov 2010 17:58 #13 by Martin Ent Inc
But Bowlen put all his eggs in McDaniels' basket so to speak, when he fired Mike Shanahan while still owing him three years at $4.5 million a year. The Broncos are currently paying both Shanny and McD, and will continue to do so in 2011 as well.

If Bowlen wants to fire McDaniels (which many argue should happen after nearly two years of insanity in Denver, he would have three coaches on the payroll in 2011, mounting to some $11 million, an unheard of amount

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5289 ... his-season

01 Dec 2010 11:33 #14 by FredHayek
McDaniel will survive if he can keep the games close like the Rams, but I believe the players will give up for the rest of December and we will get a couple more blowouts, especially going to KC this weekend.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Dec 2010 15:16 #15 by JusSayin
I'm in the camp that says McDaniels has to go, regardless of the cost (btw...the $11-million estimate for paying three head coaches concurrently is approximately the pricetag of one .500 pitcher in MLB). He's embarrassed the team, the ownership and the fans; which won;t go away any time soon.

That said, he's got absolutely no leadership on that team. You watch the sidelines during the waning minutes of any loss and you'll see many players standing around laughing and joking it up. They get paid win or lose and it's pretty clear they too are just hanging on waiting for a change. Unless big time, passionate players are brought in to set examples on and off the field though, won't matter who the next coach is.

02 Dec 2010 17:43 #16 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Will Josh McDaniels make it through the season?
In May, right after the draft I had a Josh McDoushBag message board for about 2 weeks until Woody Paige had it shut down...I posted 1000's links to it on just about every Denver Post Sports article comments area and on dozens of football boards..I had like 250 members in just a few weeks and we all hated McF Face...That board was a thing of beauty...I had a two week exchange with woody then he just complained to the message board service and they took it down..It was brutal

02 Dec 2010 20:07 #17 by JusSayin
Woody's a POS. Always has been and always will be...until somebody finally decides not to take his s*** anymore, then...

03 Dec 2010 17:11 #18 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Will Josh McDaniels make it through the season?
He gets fired for sure...The stands are half empty now, do you know how many millions Pat Bowlen will lose if that happens next year? A lot of them.

03 Dec 2010 17:14 #19 by JMC
Hate or apathy is not a recipe for success. He is history barring a huge turnaround.

03 Dec 2010 17:20 - 03 Dec 2010 17:23 #20 by UNDER MODERATION
I'm a leader, a born leader. You don't learn leadership in the boy scouts, military or in the business world, you either got it or ya don't. People always worked for me because I always treated them right, almost as equals. ..

I'm a leader and i've been around leaders...Josh McDoushebag is no leader

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds