VALID vaccine.....viewing a comparison.

17 May 2020 10:50 #31 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: per MEDSCAPE...Ebola virus is still around.....the timeline of acquiring a vaccine....2014 thru2015 was the initiation of research, it was finally
brought forward at the end of 2019......TAKE THAT IN.....how long for corona to come to a valid vaccine? ANYONE?

HERE'S the poss. timeline for c.vaccine....4 or 5 years?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 May 2020 16:09 #32 by FredHayek
I meant to say the Theodore Roosevelt not the Enterprise. Sorry.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

27 May 2020 11:22 #33 by ramage
From the Sydney Morning Herald 5/24/20 smh.com.au

Low virus rate leaves Oxford vaccine trial with 'only 50% chance'

London: An Oxford University vaccine trial has only a 50 per cent chance of success because coronavirus is fading so rapidly in Britain, a project co-leader has warned.

The warning comes as new data reveals that there are now 224 vaccines in development around the world - almost double the total of just a month ago.

The article is quite interesting, the following is paradoxical:

"It is a race, yes. But it's not a race against the other guys. It's a race against the virus disappearing, and against time," he said. "At the moment, there's a 50 per cent chance that we get no result at all."

Hill said that of 10,000 people recruited to test the vaccine in the coming weeks — some of whom will be given a placebo — he expected fewer than 50 people to catch the virus. If fewer than 20 test positive, then the results might be useless, he warned.

"We're in the bizarre position of wanting COVID to stay, at least for a little while. But cases are declining."

28 May 2020 07:38 #34 by FredHayek
Great news! Fauci yesterday was hinting that the second wave may not appear. That might be too optimistic. While the developed world seemed to do a good job with disinfecting and social distancing, I really worry the 3rd World will bring the virus back to our shores. The Feds just shut down travel from Brazil, a current hot spot.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

28 May 2020 08:21 #35 by homeagain
Well, he predicted 100,000 as a minimal number.we are there....WHAT number will be the final tally? I
am NOT living in the realm of fairy tales...where the king resides.

The most recent data,from varying source, indicate the effectiveness of testing (any and all) is questionable
the accuracy is not there yet. The long prayed for vaccine is NOT any where near being effective and ready for prime time....rushing the process has resulted in problems and errors....you can NOT blink your eyes
and twitch your nose (like Samantha the witch) and have it all disappear....ALTHO the king would like U to
believe that.

EBOLA virus vaccine took FOUR YEARS.....and we knew more about THAT virus, it seems THIS virus is
more elusive and can not be pinned down.

28 May 2020 10:54 #36 by Pony Soldier
I don’t believe that tally for a minute. They are labeling anything and everything a coronavirus death. Washington state is including gunshot victims ffs!

28 May 2020 13:13 #37 by homeagain

Pony Soldier wrote: I don’t believe that tally for a minute. They are labeling anything and everything a coronavirus death. Washington state is including gunshot victims ffs!

www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/20...lated-compared/51719

just an FYI....here's a pov that probably puts into perspective a pathetic paradigm

28 May 2020 13:35 #38 by Pony Soldier
Not sure what you’re trying to share there but it’s just the USA Today splash screen with all their headlines. I assume you were going for a specific one.

28 May 2020 14:25 #39 by homeagain

28 May 2020 14:56 #40 by Pony Soldier
Yep that one works.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds