Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

07 May 2024 07:27 #3231 by DrMike
The Full Armor of God

Today's Scripture

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Ephesians 6:13, NIV

God never promised us that we would not have problems. In the Scripture, Jesus told His disciples that they would have trouble in this life. That goes for us as well. But God gives us His armor for protection—the helmet of salvation, the breastplate of righteousness, the belt of truth, shoes of peace, the shield of faith. He gives us everything we need for victory.

When difficult things come, things we don’t understand, God uses them to develop our character. We were created to confront our fears and live in His peace. If we stand in faith, letting Him fight our battles no matter how bad things get, we will come out better than we were before.

Many of us have been facing battles this week—battles of fear, uncertainty, and doubt. Pray to see things from God’s perspective. Whatever we face, whatever comes against us, we have no reason to worry. The Most High God fights for us. We can put on His armor and live without fear. The enemy may come, but he has no power over us. He’s already been defeated.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have provided me with Your armor to be able to withstand the evil days. Thank You that with Your help, I can take my stand and not be overcome by fear. I believe that as I stay in peace, You will give me everything I need for victory. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 May 2024 07:11 #3232 by DrMike
Giants on Your Land

Today's Scripture

And Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, “Surely, let us go up and let us take possession of it because surely we will be able to prevail over it.” Numbers 13:30, LEB

When Moses sent twelve men to spy out the Promised Land, ten spies came back saying though it was more than they ever dreamed, the inhabitants were too big, too strong, and the cities too fortified. They were fully persuaded that they couldn’t defeat the opposition. The two other spies, Joshua and Caleb, came back fully persuaded that they could “surely” overcome and take the land. They had a “surely” mentality. “Surely we will defeat these enemies, overcome this trouble, and live in the Promised Land.” What’s interesting is they were the only two Israelites of that generation who made it into the Promised Land.

Don’t get talked out of your dreams. There may be giants on your land—a sickness, a debt, an addiction. Do as Caleb did and put a “surely” on the front of what you’re believing for. “Surely I will defeat this giant. My God is not limited by the environment, by the economy, by what I don’t have, by who’s against me. Surely, He’s on my side.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are so much greater than any giants in the land, and the facts are never a reason to keep me from Your best for my life. Thank You that because You are with me, I can be fully persuaded that victory is coming. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

09 May 2024 06:26 #3233 by DrMike
Be Faithful

Today's Scripture

When they had crossed, Elijah said to Elisha, “Tell me, what can I do for you before I am taken from you?” “Let me inherit a double portion of your spirit,” Elisha replied. 2 Kings 2:9, NIV

Elisha had left his family business to travel and serve the prophet Elijah. Year after year, he’d been faithful doing what could have been seen as insignificant, as less than what he was capable of doing. He kept being his best, serving with excellence in the background of Elijah’s ministry. On the day when Elijah was taken to heaven in a whirlwind, Elisha asked for a double portion of Elijah’s spirit, and God gave it to him. Elisha had twice the anointing and did twice as many miracles as Elijah.

Wherever God has you, be your best. Don’t slack off because it’s not where you want to be and it’s less than what’s in you. Keep being faithful and your time is coming. God wants you to shine. He is going to take you from the background to the foreground. It’s going to happen suddenly. There’s about to be an ease on your life, good breaks chasing you down, strength that you’ve never had. As with Elisha, you’re going to see favor, increase, and opportunity that you’ve never seen.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the double portion that You have for those who are faithful when it would be easy to walk away. Thank You for where I am today and for the increase that You will bring in the future. I believe that even greater favor is coming. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

10 May 2024 06:59 #3234 by DrMike
The Right Relationships

Today's Scripture

Do two people walk hand in hand if they aren’t going to the same place? Amos 3:3, MSG

The word “crutch” is used to describe someone we may rely upon to help us get through a period of challenge, just until we heal or can get by on our own. The term takes on a bad connotation when used to describe someone whom we’ve become unnecessarily dependent upon, usually to the detriment of our physical, mental, or emotional progress. One of the hardest things to accept is that God brings some people into our lives for only a season, to help us through a certain stage of life or a difficult time. If God didn’t move them away, we would become too dependent, and they would limit our growth.

Just as God brings people into our lives, He moves some out. You have to recognize when someone’s part in your life story is over. When a person walks away and you think you can’t get along without them, that’s God saying, “It’s time for you to go to a new level. Your destiny is not tied to them. Let them go, and the right people will show up.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can submit every relationship in my life to You. I trust that You are connecting me to the right people and removing people who are no longer tied to my purpose. Give me wisdom and grace to choose the best relationships. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

13 May 2024 06:59 #3235 by DrMike
Travel Steadily

Today's Scripture

Don’t be impatient for the Lord to act! Keep traveling steadily along his pathway and in due season he will honor you with every blessing. Psalm 37:34, TLB

We all have things we’re waiting on—for the promotion to come, our health to improve, to meet the right person. When it’s taken longer than we thought, it’s easy to get discouraged. But just because it hasn’t happened yet doesn’t mean it’s not going to happen. What God promised you is still en route. The waiting period is simply a test. Are you going to get discouraged and quit believing? Or are you going to keep traveling steadily, keep praying, keep thanking God, keep being your best at work, keep being good to coworkers?

There’s power in doing the right thing consistently. You’re not moved by what’s not changing. You consistently have a good attitude. You’re consistently excellent at work, and it will get noticed. You may be dealing with many challenges, but you’re not complaining. You’re consistently praising God, consistently declaring His promises, consistently expecting His favor. That’s what it means to travel steadily. God never promised things will turn around instantly. Don’t be impatient. God rewards faithful people who keep doing the right thing.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that there is a purpose for times of waiting, whether I understand it or not. Help me to be patient, to keep traveling steadily along Your pathway, to be consistent, knowing that it’s all part of Your process. I believe that what You promised is still en route. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

14 May 2024 02:56 #3236 by DrMike
The Good Fight

Today's Scripture

Fight the good fight of the faith. 1 Timothy 6:12, NIV

Some of the difficulties we complain about, the challenges we don’t like, are meant to prepare us for greater favor, greater influence, greater opportunities. Quit telling yourself, “It’s too hard. They did me wrong. I can’t put up with this.” Instead of trying to pray away all the things that make you uncomfortable, pray away the people who get on your nerves, pray away the delays, try a different approach and say, “God, help me to keep a good attitude in the midst of these challenges. Help me to stay in faith when people aren’t treating me right. Help me to fight the good fight of faith and resist the temptation to compromise, to take the easy way out, so my character can develop and I can handle what You have in store.”

You can handle every difficulty through Christ. You have been armed with strength for every battle. Dig your heels in and stand strong in your faith. Keep a song of praise, keep being your best. You have the grace you need for every situation.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the abundance of grace You give me to go through every difficulty and challenge I face. Help me to fight the good fight through Christ Jesus and to overcome what has overcome me. I will stay in faith and be my best. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

15 May 2024 06:33 #3237 by DrMike
When You Can’t See It

Today's Scripture

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1, NKJV

When we see God’s favor—doors opening, our health improving, the right people showing up—it’s easy to believe that He’s at work. But sometimes when we’re praying and believing, there’s no sign that it’s going to happen. Every circumstance says, “There’s no way.” It’s easy to get discouraged and give up on what we’re believing for. We think, “God, just give me a sign that it’s improving.”

But faith is the evidence of things not seen. If you have the evidence and can see it, that doesn’t take any faith. To reach your destiny, there will be times when there is no evidence and you have to dig down deep and say, “I don’t have to have the evidence. I’m not moved by what I see; I’m moved by what I know. And God, I know that You are faithful to what You promised.” Don’t believe the lie that just because you don’t see a sign, God is not working. In the unseen realm, God is arranging things in your favor, lining up the healing, the right people, the promotion.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are my God and that my faith is rooted in who You are and not based on what I see. Thank You that I can be free from trying to figure everything out on my own. I declare that I do not need signs to know that You are working and will provide whatever I need. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

16 May 2024 07:07 #3238 by DrMike
Fire

Today's Scripture

“When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.” Isaiah 43:2, NLT

California’s magnificent sequoia trees can stand over three hundred feet tall and live over two thousand years. What’s significant is that the sequoia cones are full of seeds that are locked up inside. Fire dries out the cones, enabling them to crack open and deposit their seeds on the forest floor. Then the seeds are able to germinate and become what they were created to be. The fire is necessary for new growth.

In a similar way, there are seeds that are locked up in you—seeds of favor, greatness, and purpose. The only way they’ll come out is through fire—the business slows, a friend walks away, the medical report isn’t good. It’s easy to get discouraged, but God won’t allow a difficulty unless He has a purpose for it. There is potential locked up in you, gifts and talents that you won’t discover without going through times of adversity when it’s uncomfortable and you don’t understand. The fire is a part of God’s plan so you can become everything you were created to be.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your promise to be with me through life’s fires. I know that You’re here with me now, and I invite You into every challenging situation in my life. I believe that You are using the fire to unlock gifts and talents in my life so I can become what You created me to be. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

17 May 2024 06:17 #3239 by DrMike
Wrongs That Lead to Rights

Today's Scripture

But Jesus said, “Don’t resist anymore.” Luke 22:51, TLB

When Jesus was about to be arrested and crucified, the temple guards approached Him. Peter said, “This is wrong,” and struck one of them with his sword. The betrayal, the false accusations and trial, and the crucifixion were all wrong. But just as the other disciples were about to draw their swords, Jesus said, “Quit fighting these wrongs! They’re a part of My destiny.” The disciples couldn’t see that these wrongs against Jesus were necessary to get Him to the cross. It wasn’t the enemy leading Him into the wrongs; it was the hand of God leading to a right.

Too often we get stuck in the wrongs—the setbacks, the position you didn’t get, the hurtful things you don’t understand. As Peter did, you’ll be tempted to fight, get upset, live frustrated, and say, “God, where are You?” No, God is saying, “I am in control. Those wrongs are leading you to a right. Quit fighting everything you don’t like; flow with it.” You have to get through the wrongs to become who you were created to be.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the Most High God who is directing my steps to my destiny. Thank You that You are in control and that I don’t have to get stuck in trying to understand every wrong along the way. I believe You are using it to transport me to my purpose. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.880 seconds