Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

15 Feb 2024 06:55 #3181 by DrMike
Listen to the Whisper

Today's Scripture

And He said to them, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear! Mark 4:9, NKJV

We don’t always realize how God speaks to us. We’ve seen movies where God booms out of the heavens to Moses, so powerfully and dramatically. But most of the time God speaks to us in “a gentle whisper” or “a still small voice.” It’s not loud or forceful. We feel an inner impression, a prompting in our heart. It’s like a suggestion, something that we suddenly know we’re supposed to do. That’s not random or you just thinking up things; that’s God speaking to you.

Six times in the Gospels, Jesus says, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear!” and seven times in the book of Revelation, He adds, “what the Spirit is saying.” He’s talking about your inner ears. He’s saying, “Are you sensitive to the whispers? Are you paying attention to what you’re feeling in your spirit?” It’s easy to ignore it, push it down. But if you start obeying the promptings, the suggestions, the gentle whispers, God will lead you down the best path for your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for loving me and for speaking to my heart. Thank You for giving me an inner ear to know right from wrong. Help me to be sensitive to Your still small voice and hear it with clarity, to hear any alarms, promptings, and suggestions, and to be quick to obey. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Feb 2024 06:41 #3182 by DrMike
Are You Thirsty?

Today's Scripture

For he satisfies the thirsty soul and fills the hungry soul with good. Psalm 107:9, TLB

Just as God gave you a natural instinct to drink water to maintain your life, He also put a spiritual thirst in you to see your dreams fulfilled and to pursue goals. But when we’ve gone through disappointments and setbacks, it’s easy to lose our thirst. We used to be passionate about being the best at our job, starting a business, meeting the right person, but we’ve settled where we are, thinking that it’s not meant to be. But God didn’t create you to live in mediocrity, to just go through the motions of life. You have to get thirsty again.

Today’s Scripture says that if you’re going to see good things—healing, breakthroughs, and favor—you have to stay thirsty. That means you have to keep believing for your dreams, keep expecting new doors to open, keep declaring favor over your children, keep speaking promises over your health. God didn’t put a dream in your heart that He can’t bring to pass. There’s not a problem you’re in that He can’t solve. The question is, Are you thirsty?

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the thirst You put in me to see my dreams fulfilled and to pursue the right goals. Thank You that I can live my life passionately, with zeal in my heart to become all You created me to be. I believe that You will satisfy me with good things. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

19 Feb 2024 07:34 #3183 by DrMike
The “No Sweat Anointing”

Today's Scripture

The LORD said to him, “I will be with you. And you will destroy the Midianites as if you were fighting against one man.” Judges 6:16, NLT

God reduced Gideon’s army to just three hundred men when they were facing an army of a 135,000 Midianites. I can hear Gideon saying, “God, this is impossible.” God puts you in situations that are way over your head to see if you’ll trust Him and so He can show out in your life. God told Gideon, “I know you’re outnumbered, but you will defeat them as easily as if you were fighting one man.” When Gideon attacked in the night, the enemy got confused and they ended up destroying one another. Gideon didn’t even have to fight. They never even broke a sweat.

There’s something called a “no sweat anointing.” That’s when you’re up against a challenge that’s much bigger than you can handle, but you don’t have to make it happen. You just stay in faith and God does it for you. The sickness seems stronger, the addiction seems permanent, the people against you are more powerful. God is saying, “I will be with you. You’re going to defeat it like you’re fighting one man.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your promise to be with me in whatever I am up against. Thank You that I don’t have to strive or work to make it happen because You have put a ‘no sweat anointing’ on me. I believe that You will show out in my life as I trust in You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

20 Feb 2024 07:00 #3184 by DrMike
Who Are You Walking With?

Today’s Scripture

“…Become wise by walking with the wise; hang out with fools and watch your life fall to pieces...” (Proverbs 13:20, MSG)

It’s not only important how we spend our time, but with whom we spend it. The only thing that’s keeping some people from a new level of their destiny is wrong friendships. You may have to prune off some relationships that are not adding value to your life. Don’t hang around people who are not going anywhere, who have no goals or dreams, who compromise and take the easy way out. If you tolerate mediocrity, it will rub off on you. If you hang out with jealous, critical, unhappy people, you will end up jealous, critical, and unhappy. You cannot become who God created you to be hanging out with them.

Take a look at your friends. If your friends are winners, leaders, givers, and successful, if they have integrity and a spirit of excellence and are positive and motivated, those good qualities are going to rub off on you. Invest your time with them. They’re making you better.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the friends in my life who sharpen me, inspire me, encourage me, and push me forward. Help me to know if there are relationships that I need to prune and friendships that I need to be careful about. I want to walk with the right people. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

21 Feb 2024 07:14 #3185 by DrMike
Listen Closely and Follow

Today’s Scripture

“…I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you...” (Psalm 32:8, NIV)

Many times, we don’t realize that God is speaking to us. We feel an impression on the inside, a prompting to be good to someone. That’s not random. That’s God talking to us. Or, maybe you’re in a situation where you feel an uneasiness. Something says, “It’s not right. Stay away.” That’s not just your nerves. It’s God protecting you. Don’t ignore it, don’t talk yourself out of it; just obey. If you’ll follow that still, small voice, God says He will guide you along the best path for your life. If we’re listening to His still, small voice—the promptings, the suggestions, the alarms—He will save us from heartache and pain. He’ll lead us into promotion and favor. Too often we feel these impressions on the inside, but we dismiss them as not making sense, or override or overanalyze them. Don’t talk yourself out of it. Just obey. Anytime you obey, a blessing will always follow.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for loving me and for speaking to my heart. Thank You for giving me an inner ear to know right from wrong. Help me to be sensitive to Your still, small voice and hear it with clarity, to hear any alarms, promptings, and suggestions, and to be quick to obey. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

22 Feb 2024 06:05 #3186 by DrMike
You’re All Set Up

Today’s Scripture

“…He will take you upstairs to a large room that is already set up. That is where you should prepare our meal...” (Luke 22:12, NLT)

In Luke 22, Jesus told Peter and John to go into Jerusalem and make arrangements for what is now known as the Last Supper. He gave them the exact details—the right person to meet, the right time, the right house—and everything fell precisely into place. They didn’t have to persuade the owner of the house to help. No, he was expecting them. The room was “already set up.”

When God laid out the plan for your life, He set up everything you need to fulfill your destiny—every good break, every person, every solution. Before you had that problem you think will never turn around, He had already set up the answer. You don’t have to try to manipulate people or convince someone to be good to you. The desires that God put in your heart may seem far out, but if you’ll stay in faith and keep honoring God, you’re going to come into what God has already set up.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the blessings You’ve already set up. Thank You for the favor, the promotion, the healing, and the good breaks that You’ve already ordained to come across my path. I believe that You are directing my steps and orchestrating everything around me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

23 Feb 2024 06:41 #3187 by DrMike
Be at Peace with Your Scars

Today’s Scripture

"As he spoke, he showed them the wounds in his hands and his side. They were filled with joy when they saw the Lord!" (John 20:20, NLT)

We all carry invisible scars that come from inner wounds—perhaps from a divorce, from what somebody did, from a mistake we made, from a loss. So often we try to hide our scars. They remind us of the hurt. But you can be at peace with your scars. Those scars are your testimony; they tell your story. Instead of being depressed over what you’ve been through, have a new perspective—the enemy tried to stop you, but God brought you through it, healed you, and you have a scar to prove it. The scars can remind you of His grace and power.

Jesus’ back was lashed with thirty-nine stripes and His hands and feet and side were pierced. When He rose from the dead, you would think He would be perfectly restored, but He still had scars. This was significant. God could have taken them away. Maybe, in part, it was to show us that it’s okay to have scars.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You that I worship a Savior who has scars. Since He has scars, I’m okay with my scars. I’m not going to live bitter because of a disappointment, or in regret over past mistakes, or go around sour because somebody did me wrong. I’m at peace with my scar. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

26 Feb 2024 07:08 #3188 by DrMike
Who Says it’s Permanent?

Today’s Scripture

“…About this time next year,” Elisha said, “you will hold a son in your arms...” (2 Kings 4:16, NIV)

In 2 Kings 4, there was a wealthy lady who had been extraordinarily kind to the prophet Elisha. The only thing missing in her life was a child. She was barren and her husband was old. One day Elisha said, “By this time next year, you will hold a son in your arms.” She nearly passed out. She’d tried to have a baby for years. She said, “Please don’t lie to me like that!” She was saying, “How can this happen? It’s impossible.” But God is a supernatural God. He can make things happen out of season. A year later she had her son.

We all have situations that look permanent. All the circumstances say it’s going to take years to get out of debt, years to accomplish that dream, but God is going to surprise you. Don’t believe the lies that say it’s permanent. You may not see anything changing, but stay in faith—you are closer than you think.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the God who can do the impossible and who loves to surprise us. Thank You that one touch of Your favor can turn around what looks like it will never change. I believe that You are going to do more than I can imagine. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

27 Feb 2024 06:44 #3189 by DrMike
You Have an Anointing

Today’s Scripture

“…But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth...” (1 John 2:20, NIV)

We don’t have to go through life doing everything on our own, trying to accomplish our dreams in our own ability, trying to overcome challenges in our own strength, our own intellect, and our own hard work. We have an advantage. God has placed His anointing on you. The anointing is a divine empowerment. It enables you to do what you could not do on your own. It will cause you to accomplish dreams even though you don’t have the talent. It will help you overcome obstacles that looked insurmountable.

The anointing is only activated where there is faith. Instead of complaining about how something is not going to work out, turn that around and start declaring, “I am anointed. I am equipped. I am empowered. I am well able.” When you have this attitude of faith and are speaking words of victory, you are stirring up your anointing. That’s when you’ll go places that you couldn’t go on your own.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have placed Your anointing on me to enable me to do what I cannot do on my own and to accomplish my dreams. I believe and declare that I am equipped and empowered to go where I’ve never been and do what I’ve never done. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

28 Feb 2024 06:29 #3190 by DrMike
On the Other Side of Every Problem

Today's Scripture

When the victorious Israelite army was returning home after David had killed the Philistine, women from all the towns of Israel came out to meet King Saul. They sang and danced for joy with tambourines and cymbals. 1 Samuel 18:6, NLT

When problems come against us or people are unfair, it’s easy to get discouraged and lose our passion. But God won’t allow a difficulty unless He has a purpose for it. He may not have sent the trouble, but He knows how to use it to your advantage. On the other side of every problem is promotion. The difficulty feels like a setback, but it’s really a setup for God to do something new in your life.

When God wanted to promote David from the shepherds’ fields to the palace, He didn’t open a new door or send a friend to help. No, God sent him a problem—a giant. David could have been overwhelmed, but he understood that with the problem came promotion to the throne. On the other side of that difficulty was a new level of his destiny. When he defeated Goliath, his life changed instantly. New doors opened. He gained respect, influence, and favor like he’d never seen. Some promotions only come through adversity and closed doors. You can’t reach your potential without problems.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are always greater than any difficulty or adversity I will ever face. Thank You that what so often looks and feels like a problem is really Your hand moving me toward Your purpose. I believe and declare that You are going to bring me to the next level of my destiny. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.029 seconds