Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

05 Apr 2024 07:03 #3211 by DrMike
Have Deep Roots

Today’s Scripture

“…You can’t find firm footing in a swamp, but life rooted in God stands firm.” (Proverbs 12:3, MSG)

When the ground is saturated, even a big sturdy oak tree with an extensive root system that extends beyond its canopy can be blown over by high winds. That’s because most of its roots are less than twelve inches deep and don’t have anything to anchor to.

It’s the same principle in life. We all have things that come against us—a medical issue, a business downturn, a child gets in trouble. What’s going to determine whether or not you stand strong and outlast these storms is the depth of your roots. The reason some people are always upset, offended, and discouraged is that they only have surface roots. They’re moved by what somebody said or did or something unfair. They’re always being tossed to and fro. But when you have deep roots, when you know that God is in control, you’re not moved by what doesn’t go your way. The winds may blow, but you’re still standing.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for giving me the promise that because my roots are in You, I will not be moved. Help me to sink my roots of faith deeper in You and trust in Your faithfulness. I declare that I am strong in You and in the power of Your might. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Apr 2024 07:16 #3212 by DrMike
Be a Pit Praiser

Today’s Scripture

“…He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God...” (Psalm 40:2–3, NIV)

When God sees you praising Him in the pit, praising Him in the storm, praising Him in the loss, that’s what He calls “a sacrifice of praise.” He knows it’s not easy and you feel like quitting. When you praise Him in the pit, that moves Him in a greater way. It’s one thing to be grateful when things are going your way, but when you have a song of praise in your heart when every circumstance says you should be depressed, get ready for God to show out in your life. David said in today’s Scripture that praise brings you out of the pit. Praise when it’s sunny, and praise when it’s rainy. Praise when business is up, and praise when it’s down. David said in Psalm 34, “I will bless the Lord at all times. His praise will continually be in my mouth.” God is looking for some pit praisers, people who praise no matter what happens.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that the pits I find myself in are only temporary stops along the way to my final destination. Thank You that I can offer You a sacrifice of praise because You hold victory in store for the upright. I believe that You’ll get me to where I’m supposed to be. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

10 Apr 2024 06:41 #3213 by DrMike
Don’t Be Snared by Your Words

Today’s Scripture

“…You are snared by the words of your mouth; you are taken by the words of your mouth...” (Proverbs 6:2, NKJV)

To be snared means “to be trapped.” Your words can trap you. What you say can cause you to stumble and keep you from your potential. You’re not snared by what you think. Negative thoughts come to us all. But when you speak them out, you give them life. If you say, “I’ll never get back in shape,” it becomes more difficult. If you say, “I’m not that talented. I don’t have a good personality,” that is calling in mediocrity. It’s setting the limits for your life. When negative thoughts come, the key is to never verbalize them. That thought will die stillborn if you don’t speak it.

In the tough times, it’s very tempting to vent your frustrations. When you continually talk about the problem, you’re making it bigger. Turn it around and talk about the promise. Let your report be: “God is supplying all my needs. It may look impossible on paper, but with God, all things are possible.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I do not have to keep being snared by the words of my mouth. I choose to not focus on or talk about negative circumstances and problems but on Your faithful promises. Help me to keep speaking the right things. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

11 Apr 2024 07:06 #3214 by DrMike
God Whispers

Today's Scripture

After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. 1 Kings 19:12, NIV

In today’s Scripture, the prophet Elijah was in a difficult place, discouraged and defeated. He needed direction. God told him to go stand on the mountain, that He was about to pass. There was a great wind that tore the mountain apart, then a great earthquake, then a great fire, but God was not in any of those. After the fire, “There came a gentle whisper.”

God was showing us how He speaks. When your circumstances are loud, thoughts are telling you what’s not going to work out, and people are coming against you, it’s easy to get stressed and confused. You have to come back to that quiet place. The reason God whispers is because He’s close to you. You don’t whisper to strangers or people you barely know. You whisper to your spouse, to your child, to someone you know and love. That’s why God whispers to you. You’re His child. He loves you. He wants the best for you. He’s not going to shout, be loud, or be forceful. He’ll lead you by these gentle whispers, by the still small voice.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You know my needs and meet me in the place of my needs all along my life journey. Thank You that You love me so much that You whisper what I need to know and renew me with inner strength. Help me to be a good listener and doer of Your word. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

12 Apr 2024 07:40 #3215 by DrMike
The Second Laugh

Today's Scripture

And Sarah said, “God has made me laugh, and all who hear will laugh with me.” Genesis 21:6, NKJV

In Genesis 18, when Sarah heard God promise that she would have a son at the age of ninety, she had laughed in disbelief. In today’s Scripture, she laughed again as she held her baby in her arms. Abraham even named him Isaac, which means “laughter.” This time, having seen the fulfillment of the promise, Sarah laughed in pure amazement, thinking, “Wow, God! I never dreamed this could happen. I can’t believe how merciful You are to bring me a miracle baby in spite of my lack of faith.”

You may have laughed in unbelief, thinking you could never get well, never get out of debt, or never break an addiction, but I believe your second laugh is coming. Things that have held you back in the past and limited you are being broken. You’re going to see influence, resources, talent coming out in ways you never dreamed. Problems that look permanent are about to suddenly turn around. You’re going to laugh in amazement and be overjoyed and full of wonder, thinking, “Wow, God! Look how You’ve shown out in my life.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the things You’ve put into my heart that seem laughable and that I have to dare to believe can happen. Thank You that You do what seems too good to be true. I’m going to stay in faith and look forward to laughing in amazement. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

15 Apr 2024 07:11 #3216 by DrMike
Be Pure in Heart

Today’s Scripture

“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.” (Matthew 5:8, NIV)

When Jesus said “pure in heart,” the word pure in the original language is where we get our word catharsis, which means “cleansing, releasing, purifying.” After surgery, the doctor may put in a catheter, which is from the same root word. It’s a tube that drains out the impurities in the body—the infection, the toxins, the waste. The doctor knows that these contaminates will come naturally. He’s not alarmed unless they’re not released and flushed out.

God is saying that you’re going to be blessed when you learn to release the impurities of life, emptying out all the things that will infect you. Bitterness, guilt, worry, doubt, and self-pity are impurities that will come, but you have to let them go and flush them out or they will contaminate your spirit and poison you. But they can’t hurt you if they just pass through. If you let them go, God will fill your life with good things.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can have a pure heart today. Thank You that I can release any worries, any doubts, any guilt, and bitterness, and flush them out of my life. Help me to forgive whatever needs forgiving and let go of the past. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

16 Apr 2024 07:56 #3217 by DrMike
Give Birth to What God Put in You

Today’s Scripture

“…But He said, “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.” (Luke 18:27, NKJV)

Psalm 7 says the ungodly “are pregnant with trouble and give birth to lies.” The good news is, that’s not you. You are the righteous. You’re not pregnant with trouble, with bad breaks, sickness, lack, or depression. You are pregnant with favor, with talent, with victory. All through the day, keep saying, “Lord, thank You that I’m pregnant with Your promises. I believe conception has occurred.” Perhaps your dream looks impossible. It’s been a long time, you gave it your best effort, and it didn’t work out; but deep down, you can’t help it—something keeps kicking, telling you that it’s still on the way. In God’s perfect timing, when everything is ready, you’re going to give birth.

Quit telling yourself that you can never get ahead, that you don’t have enough of this, enough of that. You are pregnant with success, pregnant with ideas, pregnant with your destiny. You’re going to give birth to what God put in you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can put away any worries and discouragements. Thank You that in Your perfect timing, when everything is ready, even what looks to be impossible will be possible with You. I believe that what You’ve started in my life You will finish. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

17 Apr 2024 06:01 #3218 by DrMike
Pass the Test

Today's Scripture

Pharaoh said, “Who is the LORD, that I should obey him and let Israel go? I do not know the LORD and I will not let Israel go.” Exodus 5:2, NIV

When the Israelites were in slavery, God told Moses to tell Pharaoh to let the people go. Moses obeyed, but Pharaoh said no. What do you do when you do what God tells you, but it doesn’t work? Was Moses going to get discouraged and give up because it wasn’t happening the way he thought? It was a time of testing. He had to go back and tell Pharaoh again and again before freedom was finally granted.

What do you do when you pray, you believe, you’re doing the right thing again and again, but nothing’s improving—the people aren’t changing, the medical report isn’t improving, or your business isn’t getting better. This is when you have to dig deep and say, “God, I’m not moved by what’s not changing. I’m not going to wilt, start complaining, and give up on my dreams. I’m going to keep doing the right thing.” When you pass the test like that, instead of those difficulties stopping you, they will lift you; instead of defeating you, they’ll promote you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that my faith and trust are anchored to You and Your mighty power at work in my life. Thank You that I don’t have to be moved by the tests and troubles I face because I know that You are fighting my battles. I declare that my hope is in You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

18 Apr 2024 03:59 #3219 by DrMike
What’s Inside?

Today's Scripture

The LORD told Gideon, “With these 300 men I will rescue you and give you victory over the Midianites. Send all the others home.” Judges 7:7, NLT

God told Gideon to fight the Midianite army of 135,000 men with 300 men, and what seemed to be impossible odds ended in an amazing victory. I imagine that most people thought Gideon was crazy, but what they didn’t know was that God had already called Gideon a “mighty hero.” When you’re outnumbered, outsized, out-trained, out-educated, don’t be surprised if people say, “You’re not talented enough, smart enough, strong enough, experienced enough.” What they can’t see is what God put in you. They’re just looking on the outside from a natural perspective, but you have something inside, the seed of Almighty God. It will take you where you can’t go on your own. But sometimes doubt will whisper, “You don’t have what it takes to accomplish that dream. Where are you going to get the funds? You’re barely making it each week. How can you get that promotion? Your coworkers are more qualified.” Deep down you can’t explain it, but something tells you, “You can do it. You were created for this.” You know it’s going to happen.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You see my potential and know what I am capable of. Thank You that You have equipped and are empowering me to be strong where I feel weak and less-than. I believe that You are transforming me into the mighty warrior You created me to be. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

19 Apr 2024 07:33 #3220 by DrMike
Transfers

Today's Scripture

A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children, but the sinner’s wealth is laid up for the righteous. Proverbs 13:22, ESV

God may have put a dream in our heart to start a business, to leave an inheritance to our children’s children, or to help build an orphanage, but we don’t have the bank account, the position, or the influence to do it. You may have a vision you’re not able to accomplish on your own. The good news is that the Scripture says that a transfer of what is needed is already lined up. God doesn’t give you the vision without having provisions. Because you’re the righteous, because you keep God first place, you’re faithful, generous, and good to others, God says He’s going to take from those who are not using their resources in a positive way. They’re only focused on themselves and not using their influence or their means to help mankind. He’s going to transfer that into your hands. It doesn’t say how He will do it, perhaps through good breaks and divine connections that come to you rather than someone else. It’s going to be out of the ordinary, where you have the means to accomplish things you’ve never dreamed.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I never need to worry about how I can fulfill my dreams because You have placed Your hand of blessing upon my life. Thank You that You have ways of bringing me all that I need, even through the transfer of what might have gone to others. I believe You have great things laid up for me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.928 seconds