Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

04 Jun 2024 06:58 #3251 by DrMike
He Sees You

Today's Scripture

“The eyes of the LORD search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.” 2 Chronicles 16:9, NLT

God sees things that we can’t see. So often we let our circumstances determine who we are, how people treat us determine our value, and how good we perform determine our worth. God looks beyond all that. He sees the giant killer in the shepherd boy David. He sees a mighty hero in Gideon who’s hiding from the Midianites. In the former prostitute Rahab, He sees a respectful, honored woman who is in the family line of Jesus. God knows your heart. You may have done things you’re not proud of, but God sees the redeemed you. You may be intimidated, thinking you’re not that talented. God sees the history maker in you. Maybe you’ve been hurt, abandoned, or betrayed. God sees the valuable you, the blessed you, the favored you. Nothing that’s happened to you has changed the true you. God looks beyond our mistakes, the hurts, the bad breaks, and He sees who He created you to be. He hasn’t lost the vision of who you are. He won’t stop working until He brings out the best you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You see my heart and know who I am and all the potential that is in me. I struggle and make mistakes, and there is so much I need to improve on in my character, but my heart is committed to You. Show Yourself strong in my life today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

If You love the outdoors and would like to be a part of a growing outdoor ministry, we need your help!

COFA-Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America needs your help. We are looking for volunteers to help our growing ministry to the unchurched outdoor enthusiasts (locally and nationally). If you're retired or have extra time on your hands and can spare a few hours a week, we need you. Areas we need volunteers: Prayer team, Social media, church outreach, accounting, IT, National women's director, webpage design. If you have an interest in serving the Lord with your talents, we'd love to hear from you. You can email Leslie at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call her at 303.909.3707 or Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call him at 303.880.9878

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission, pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests. Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have immediate prayer needs, you can call Mike at 303.880.9878

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Jun 2024 07:07 #3252 by DrMike
What God Puts in Your Heart

Today's Scripture

“Your servant has killed both the lion and the bear; this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them, because he has defied the armies of the living God.” 1 Samuel 17:36, NIV

When David heard Goliath taunt the Israelites on the battlefield, daring them to fight, he watched thousands of strong, skilled Israeli soldiers run away and hide in fear. Something rose up in David, and he said, “Who is this who defies the armies of the living God?” David was just a teenager, a shepherd, with no military training or experience, yet he had this immediate desire to fight Goliath. One thing we know about David is that he had a heart after God. He had committed his ways into God’s hands. In turn, God put this desire in his heart. If it wasn’t a God-given desire, David would have talked himself out of it. But when God puts the desire in you, He’ll make it stronger than all the negative voices, all the doubts that try to talk you out of it. When it’s a God-given desire, you won’t be moved by opposition, by how impossible it looks, by what people are telling you. There will be a boldness, a confidence, to do what you know God put in your heart.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that the challenges and negative voices of opposition that I will face are no match for the strong desires that You put in my heart. Thank You that You are the living God who sees and hears the enemy taunts. I declare that I will walk in boldness and confidence. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

If You love the outdoors and would like to be a part of a growing outdoor ministry, we need your help!

COFA-Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America needs your help. We are looking for volunteers to help our growing ministry to the unchurched outdoor enthusiasts (locally and nationally). If you're retired or have extra time on your hands and can spare a few hours a week, we need you. Areas we need volunteers: Prayer team, Social media, church outreach, accounting, IT, National women's director, webpage design. If you have an interest in serving the Lord with your talents, we'd love to hear from you. You can email Leslie at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call her at 303.909.3707 or Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call him at 303.880.9878

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission, pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests. Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have immediate prayer needs, you can call Mike at 303.880.9878

Attachments:

06 Jun 2024 06:59 #3253 by DrMike
You Have What You Need

Today's Scripture

He picked up five smooth stones from a stream and put them into his shepherd’s bag. Then, armed only with his shepherd’s staff and sling, he started across the valley to fight the Philistine. 1 Samuel 17:40, NLT

The giant Goliath was standing before David in a full set of armor. All David had was a sling and a few stones. He could have been intimidated and afraid. “Maybe this isn’t a good idea.” But he knew that sling with the favor of God was more powerful than having the best equipment. It’s not so much what you have; it’s what you think about what you have. If you’re thinking, “If I just had more talent, more training, more experience, more education, more personality,” you’re going to miss the greatness God put in you and limit your life. You don’t need great talent to do something great or to have great resources to leave your mark. You don’t have to come from an influential family to make a big difference.

Here’s the key: You have exactly what you need to fulfill your destiny. Don’t discount what you have. If you needed more, God would have given you more. Don’t underestimate who you are. God will take what seems like not enough and breathe on it. It will become more than enough.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have provided me with the gifts and the talents I need. Thank You that I don’t have to have what I think is a big gift for You to use me in a great way. I will be faithful to develop what You’ve given me and trust You to give me more as I increase it. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

07 Jun 2024 07:32 #3254 by DrMike
The Coming Harvest

Today's Scripture

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12:11, NIV

Being disciplined is not easy. It’s difficult to walk away when someone is rude, to not give in to a temptation, or to get up early to excel at work. Your flesh wants to be comfortable. Your flesh wants the easy way out, but you can’t be comfortable all the time and reach your destiny. If you do the hard thing now, later on you’ll see blessings and favor that you’ve never seen. But the flesh always wants instant gratification. “If I tell this person off right now, it will feel so good. Even though I can’t afford this item, I want it now.” But it’s important to think about later on. We should be growing, being more mature than we were five years ago. If I’m still dealing with my temper the same way as years ago, still getting offended, upset, and jealous, I’m letting the flesh dictate my life. To be disciplined can save your marriage, take you to a new level in your career, break mediocrity, and launch you into abundance.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are working in me and giving me the desire to obey You. Thank You that whether I feel like it or not, I have the power to overcome and be disciplined to do the right thing. I believe that a harvest of righteousness is coming as I stay true to You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

10 Jun 2024 06:52 #3255 by DrMike
Don’t Give Away Your Power

Today's Scripture

“No one can take your joy from you.” John 16:22, NLV

Jesus says that no person can take your joy from you. You have to give it away. The next time someone is rude or leaves you out, just smile and stay in peace. When you let someone else determine whether or not you’re going to stay in peace, you’re giving them your power. Make up your mind that you’re not going to let them take your joy. When someone tries to make you feel small, ignore it and move on. You’re not who they say you are; you are who God says you are—His masterpiece, crowned with favor. Be happy despite what they’re doing.

Don’t keep responding the same old way and let people and circumstances determine your mood, your peace, or your joy. You can’t control what comes your way, but you can control how you respond. If you’re going to reach your destiny, you have to prove to God that you’ll stay on the high road. Do the right thing when it’s hard, and God will take you to levels you’ve never imagined.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I have the power to remain full of joy and stay in peace when circumstances and people try to discourage me. Thank You that You made this day, and I’m not going to live sour and defeated. I’ve made up my mind; I’m not giving away my power. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

11 Jun 2024 06:18 #3256 by DrMike
What Are You Thinking?

Today's Scripture

Be careful what you think, because your thoughts run your life. Proverbs 4:23, NCV

It’s interesting that as little children we start off with big dreams to be an astronaut, a writer, a scientist, or a singer. As a child, we have no limits. We believe we can do great things. But over time our dreams start to get watered down. People tell us what we can’t do. We go through disappointments, things that are unfair. We let negative thoughts taint how we see ourselves and what we’re capable of. We end up settling for so much less than what God has for us.

Pay attention to the story you’re telling yourself. Go back to what God put in your heart. He wants you to dream again, to believe again, to love again. Don’t let wrong thoughts limit your destiny. Don’t believe the lies that say, “I’ll never get well, never go to college, or never meet the right person.” Tell yourself a new story. You can still accomplish your dream. You can still get well, still meet someone awesome, and still go to new levels. Get rid of that limited thinking. Victory begins in your mind.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can take back my story and stop allowing negative thoughts to enter and play over and over. Thank You that I can clear out all the thoughts that limit me and tell me what I can’t do. Help me to dwell on what You have to say about me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

12 Jun 2024 06:51 #3257 by DrMike
Eagles’ Wings

Today's Scripture

“You saw how I snatched you from the bonds of slavery and carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to Myself.” Exodus 19:4, VOICE

You may have some things that are oppressing you today, some things that are unfair, some things you don’t understand, but stay encouraged. Eagles’ wings are coming, which means you are going to soar higher than you ever imagined. The God who made you is going to carry you out of the depression, out of the heartache, out of the loneliness, out of poverty, lack, and not having enough. That is not how your story ends. You’re not going to just make it through the loss, through the breakup, or through the trouble. No, He’s about to carry you into abundance, carry you into freedom, carry you into joy, peace, favor, breakthroughs. It may look as though you are stuck, but you’re about to feel some eagles’ wings lifting you, restoring you, pushing back the darkness, opening doors, and promoting you, taking you where you can’t go on your own. He may not turn it around instantly, but rest in faith knowing that He’s going to carry you through. You’re coming out better than you were before.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You never leave me on my own in life’s battles. Thank You that You carry me on eagles’ wings and lift me to be with You. Thank You that You carry me over, out of, and through what tries to hold me back. I believe that You are taking me higher than I have ever imagined. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

13 Jun 2024 07:25 #3258 by DrMike
Be a Phinehas

Today's Scripture

But Phinehas had the courage to intervene, and the plague was stopped. Psalm 106:30, NLT

In Numbers 25, Midianite women had lured the Israelites into idol worship, partying, and committing all kinds of immorality. God was so displeased that a plague broke out and thousands of Israelites died. It looked as though the plague would continue. Then a man named Phinehas rose up and put to death an Israelite man and Midianite woman who publicly defied Moses’ warning. One person took a stand and said, “I’m going to honor God and do the right thing,” and the plague ended.

Phinehas’s action was extreme, but it saved others. Take it symbolically. You can stop the plague in your family, but you have to kill the negative cycle of anger, unforgiveness, compromise, or addiction. As long as you allow these things to live, they will kill your dreams, kill your freedom, kill your purpose, and get passed down to your children. Have the courage to step up. Our attitude should be: “This may have been passed down, but it’s not going to get past me. I will win the battle. This is where it ends.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the call to rise up and take my stand against whatever negative cycle has plagued me and my family. Thank You that I am not limited by my past, by dysfunction that’s been passed down. I believe that You are going to help me take my family to the next level. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

14 Jun 2024 07:15 #3259 by DrMike
Under His Wings

Today's Scripture

Boaz replied, “But I also know about everything you have done for your mother-in-law since the death of your husband.…May the LORD the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge, reward you fully for what you have done.” Ruth 2:11–12, NLT

Ruth was widowed at a young age but committed to caring for her mother-in-law, Naomi. Her dreams were shattered. She could have been bitter, but instead she had a heart after God and had made Him her refuge. She would get up early every morning and go to the fields to pick up leftover grain. It looked like she would always struggle. But God sees what you’ve been through. You may be at a disadvantage, but God is not at a disadvantage. He controls the universe. He caused Boaz, one of the wealthiest men in that area, to see her, fall in love, and marry her. She went from working in the field to owning the field.

Don’t believe the lies that you’re stuck. You’re not limited by what’s happened to you, what you didn’t get, who wasn’t there for you. Just keep being your best, putting God first. The right people are going to notice you. He is arranging things in your favor, ordering your steps. New doors are going to open. Some suddenlies, promotion, opportunities will catapult you to a new level.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You know every hardship and hurt, every unfair and difficult situation I have faced. I choose to believe that You have more blessings and favor for me than I can dream. I believe that I have come under Your wings and some suddenlies are coming my way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

17 Jun 2024 08:34 #3260 by DrMike
Erase It and Replace It

Today's Scripture

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3, ESV

What is your mind stayed on? What thoughts are you dwelling on throughout the day? Are your thoughts limiting you or empowering you? Are your thoughts stayed upon defeat and worry or upon victory, favor, breakthroughs, and abundance? Instead of keeping your mind stayed on your problems, on doubt, or on worry, keep it stayed on what God has promised you.

Here’s the simple principle: When a negative thought comes, erase it and replace it with a positive, faith-filled thought from God’s Word. Don’t leave your mind empty. Get your mind going in the right direction, and your life will go in the right direction. You’re going to draw in what you’re constantly thinking about. If you’re thinking “can’t do it” or “I’m not enough” or “this problem is too big” thoughts, you’re drawing in defeat. Why don’t you start erasing and replacing thoughts? How much further will you go, how much more of God’s favor will you see, if you guard your mind, if you are selective in what you’re dwelling on, if you keep it stayed on Him?

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that there is a place in my mind where I can stay my thoughts on You and abide in peace. Help me to unclutter my mind of all the negative thoughts that have gotten in. I will do my part to stay in faith and let You step in and do Your part. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.605 seconds