Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

29 Jul 2024 07:24 #3281 by DrMike
Keep Asking

Today's Scripture

“But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” Joshua 24:15, NIV

Perhaps you have a family member who has made poor choices and caused a lot of grief and pain. It may seem as though they will never get better, and you’re just about to write them off. I encourage you to keep on asking God to not only bring this person back, but also to help them do something great. I’ve found when God touches somebody who has been living way off course, He will use them to do amazing things.

You have the promise that “as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” It says in Psalm 112 that the seed of the righteous will be mighty in the land—not ordinary, not average, but exceptional, powerful, amazing. Now, don’t pray a small prayer over your children. It doesn’t matter what they’re doing or not doing. Dare to ask big. Pray a bold prayer: “God, I’m asking that my children will be mighty in the land. I’m asking You to use them in amazing ways. Let them leave a legacy of faith that will be seen for generations to come.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your promise of restoring a family member who goes off course. Thank You that the seed of faith that was planted in their heart never dies and will blossom at some point. I declare that they are coming back and that together we will serve You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

COFA-Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America needs your help. COFA is looking for volunteers to help our growing ministry reach out to the unchurched outdoor enthusiast (locally and nationally). If you're retired or have extra time on your hands and can spare a few hours a week, we need you. Areas we need volunteers: Prayer team, Social media, church outreach, accounting, IT, National women's director, webpage design. If you have an interest in serving the Lord with your talents, we'd love to hear from you. You can email Leslie at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call her at 303.909.3707 or Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call him at 303.880.9878

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission, pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests. Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have immediate prayer needs, you can call Mike at 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jul 2024 06:45 #3282 by DrMike
What God Calls You

Today's Scripture

The angel of the LORD appeared to him and said, “Mighty hero, the LORD is with you!” Judges 6:12, NLT

When the angel addressed Gideon as a “mighty hero” and told him he was to deliver his people from the Midianite army, he was hiding in a winepress, afraid and intimidated. God was saying, in effect, “Gideon, you don’t recognize who you are. You’re wearing negative labels—insecure, weak, not good enough—but I’ve come to tell you who you really are. You’re a valiant warrior. You have courage, talent, and ability that you haven’t discovered yet.” Gideon finally changed his thinking, got a new image of who he was, and defeated the Midianites. But if the angel had not told him who God created him to be, he would have lived and died and never discovered who he really was.

You may feel weak, insecure, not valuable, and unqualified, but don’t let your feelings determine your identity. Feelings come and go and can’t be trusted. You have to go back to what your Creator says. He calls you a mighty hero, a barrier breaker, a giant killer, a masterpiece, a prized possession. Don’t get stuck in who you used to be.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You know me and what I am capable of becoming. Thank You that You have equipped and empowered me to be strong where I feel weak and less-than. I believe that You are transforming me into a mighty warrior for Your honor and glory. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

COFA-Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America needs your help. COFA is looking for volunteers to help our growing ministry reach out to the unchurched outdoor enthusiast (locally and nationally). If you're retired or have extra time on your hands and can spare a few hours a week, we need you. Areas we need volunteers: Prayer team, Social media, church outreach, accounting, IT, National women's director, webpage design. If you have an interest in serving the Lord with your talents, we'd love to hear from you. You can email Leslie at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call her at 303.909.3707 or Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call him at 303.880.9878

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission, pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests. Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have immediate prayer needs, you can call Mike at 303.880.9878
Attachments:

31 Jul 2024 06:45 #3283 by DrMike
No Way, Yes Way

Today's Scripture

“Don’t be ridiculous!” Saul replied. “There’s no way you can fight this Philistine and possibly win! You’re only a boy, and he’s been a man of war since his youth.” 1 Samuel 17:33, NLT

David became the greatest king the world has ever seen even though his father did not believe in him, his brother made fun of him and tried to humiliate him, and King Saul told him that it was ridiculous that he thought he could defeat Goliath. Most people would have been insecure, had low self-esteem, lived offended, and given up. But when the giant Goliath ridiculed him, David proved that he would not let another person determine his value or let threats and insults hold him back. He knew his value came from his Creator and that he was a giant killer.

Are you letting people, your past, or what you’re up against determine your image? It takes faith to say, “God, I feel intimidated and afraid. I don’t see how I can do this, but I’m going to get in agreement with what Your Word says about me and believe that I can.” That’s when you’ll discover talent, ability, and courage that you’ve never seen. You won’t be talked out of your dreams. You will defeat your giants.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I am not limited by what the people around me say or think about me. Thank You that You have qualified me to do what You have destined me to do. I will not allow others to put a limitation on what You have put in my heart. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

01 Aug 2024 07:46 #3284 by DrMike
Seeing Beyond

Today's Scripture

Jesus looked at them intently and said, “Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26, NLT

Most people are limited by their logic, but logic can be a dream stealer. If you look at your life situations only from a human point of view—what you can do, your resources, your connections, your experience—you’re going to miss the greatness God put in you. The promises that God has put in your heart, what He’s whispered to you in the night, may not seem possible. All your logic says, “There’s no way. It’s too big. It’s never happened in your family. You don’t have the experience.” But that’s okay. Jesus says that just the opposite is true, that with God all things are possible.

Here’s the question: Are you going to let your human reasoning, what you can see and what’s natural, set the limits for your life? Or are you going to see beyond the logical? Are you going to believe that the all-powerful Creator of the universe, the God who flung stars into space, the God who parts Red Seas, will make a way where you don’t see a way?

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for being the all-powerful Creator of the universe, for reigning as sovereign over my life and as the One who makes all things possible. There are things in my life that I want to see changed that seem unchangeable, but I trust You. I believe that You will make a way for it. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

02 Aug 2024 07:01 #3285 by DrMike
Keep Your Vision in Front of You

Today's Scripture

“What are you, mighty mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become level ground. Then he will bring out the capstone to shouts of ‘God bless it! God bless it! Zechariah 4:7, NIV

In Ezra 4, Zerubbabel was leading the Israelites who had returned from exile in rebuilding the temple. He laid the foundation, but then enemies came against him and forced him to stop. For ten years no work was done. Then the prophet Zechariah told him to get the capstone, which was reserved to be the last piece of stone that went into the building. Why was it important for Zerubbabel to keep the capstone in front of him? Because every time he was discouraged and thought it was impossible to finish the job, seeing it was a reminder that God would finish what He started. That was God saying to him, “I’m going to bring it to pass. Just stay in faith.”

What are you believing God for? Keep your vision in front of you. Find something that is symbolic of that dream, something that inspires your faith, and put it in a place where you see it every day. Every time you see it, say, “Thank You, Lord, for bringing my dreams to pass.” What you keep in front of you, you’re moving toward.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that the work You have started in my life will be brought to completion. Thank You that I will become everything You created me to be. Help me to keep the vision in front of me and to know that You are bringing my dreams to pass. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

05 Aug 2024 06:51 #3286 by DrMike
Kingdom Builders

Today's Scripture

“…to give you…houses full of all good things, which you did not fill, hewn-out wells which you did not dig, vineyards and olive trees which you did not plant.”Deuteronomy 6:10–11, NKJV

When God brought the Israelites into the Promised Land, they moved into houses they didn’t build, reaped from vineyards they didn’t plant, and drank from wells they didn’t dig. They didn’t have to build, plant, and work their way up. It was transferred to them. God has some of these transfers in your future that are going to boggle your mind. Houses that you didn’t build means promotion where you weren’t next in line. Vineyards that you didn’t plant means opportunities that you didn’t see coming, blessings that chase you down. You didn’t earn it or work for it. It’s simply the goodness of God.

The key is whether your heart is to build the kingdom of God, to help others, to take your family to a new level. If I’m self-absorbed and it’s just for me, to build my ego, to show off what I have, that’s going to limit what God will do. God is looking for kingdom builders, for people who will use the resources and influence to be a blessing, to accomplish God-given dreams.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when I put You and Your kingdom first and am doing the right thing, You make the right things fall into place. Thank You for Your promise that transfers are coming that You want me to use to bless others. I believe it is all about Your goodness, not anything I’ve earned. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

06 Aug 2024 07:48 #3287 by DrMike
Off the Throne

Today's Scripture

I affirm, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. 1 Corinthians 15:31, NKJV

The apostle Paul wrote nearly half the books in the New Testament. His missionary journeys and pioneering work for the gospel were amazing. He’s one of the heroes of faith. You would think that he was such a mature believer that he wouldn’t have to deal with issues of the flesh and say that with his mind he served the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin. Yet he said, “I die daily. Every day I take my flesh off the throne and put down carnal desires.”

As with Paul, we all have areas where we’re letting the flesh dictate. If we would start dying daily, start walking by the Spirit, being willing to be uncomfortable, keeping our mouth closed, waiting with a good attitude, then many of the things that frustrate us now can be opportunities to grow. Don’t respond the same way you’ve been responding to your spouse for the last twenty years, being impatient, frustrated, argumentative. When you die daily, God can trust you with more influence, more favor, more resources. Are you winning the war within?

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for always calling me higher and to die daily to everything that keeps me from being my best. Help me to confront the areas where I struggle with the flesh wanting to rule. I believe that with Your help, I can overcome and be victorious. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

07 Aug 2024 07:46 #3288 by DrMike
It’s Not What You Think

Today's Scripture

But the Son of God came to destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8, NLT

When Jesus came to the Earth, He went around doing good, healing people, showing mercy, but the religious leaders didn’t accept Him. Even though He had done no wrong, they falsely tried him, forced him to carry His own cross to be crucified. Hanging on the cross, He could have called angels to rescue Him, but He didn’t. He hung there for you and for me. The nails didn’t hold Him on the cross; love held Him on the cross. It was all a part of God’s plan to destroy the works of the enemy, the reason for which He came to Earth. Jesus went before us and crushed Satan’s head. He took away all His power. Now we can live a victorious life.

Whatever you’re facing—trouble at work, a child who’s off course, mistakes you’ve made, guilt, condemnation—may be intimidating and seem harmful, but it’s not what you think. You can’t let fear or worry dominate. You just have to take steps forward and discover that Jesus has already gone before you and defeated those enemies.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Jesus has destroyed the works of the devil, crushed his head, and broken his power. Thank You that no matter what the enemy sends against me, it’s not what it looks like. I believe that as I take steps forward, I will discover that they are already defeated. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

08 Aug 2024 08:22 #3289 by DrMike
Destiny Desires

Today's Scripture

For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. Philippians 2:13, NLT

It’s one thing to have the desire to live for God and do what pleases Him. That’s great, but God doesn’t stop there. He says, “I’m going to give you the power to do it. I’m going to give you the favor, the courage, the skill, and the resources that you need.” You’re going to feel strength that you’ve never felt, ability that you’ve never had, favor like you’ve never seen. God doesn’t just give you the desire; He gives you the ability to accomplish what He puts in your heart.

God has destiny desires lined up for you, things you want to accomplish that He drops in your heart. Others will think it’s too big, it doesn’t make sense. They’re intimidated. It’s because God didn’t put the desire in them. That desire is leading you down the best path—a path of abundance, a path of greater influence, a path of helping more people, making a bigger difference, seeing your gifts come out in greater ways. Get ready. That desire will be stronger than anything that tries to hold you back.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are working in me and giving me desires to do Your will and the power to do it. Thank You that I have the strength to overcome and be disciplined to do the right thing. I believe that You are leading me down the best path for my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

09 Aug 2024 07:04 #3290 by DrMike
Resist the Urge

Today's Scripture

“Some urged me to kill you, but I spared you; I said, ‘I will not lay my hand on my lord, because he is the LORD’s anointed.’” 1 Samuel 24:10, NIV

After David killed Goliath, King Saul became so jealous of David’s popularity that he repeatedly tried to kill him. David could have fought back and killed Saul, but he recognized that Saul had been anointed as the king. David respected that he was under God’s authority, so he spent years in the wilderness being chased by Saul. More than once David could have easily killed Saul, but he spared his life.

God could trust David with so much influence, honor, and resources because he kept passing the test. Even when he was under great pressure, he was kind and respectful to someone who wasn’t kind to him. When you treat people that way, you’re proving to God that you can handle more influence and responsibility. This is a major test. To go where God wants you to go, you have to be good to people who are not good to you. When you let God refine you and don’t let the offense get in but stay in peace, you’re going to see God’s favor and blessing in great ways.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are refining my character and using the pressure of difficult relationships to make me stronger and grow me up. Thank You that You are fighting my battles and helping me to be respectful and kind. I am going to stay in peace and see Your favor. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.633 seconds