Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

03 Oct 2024 07:13 #3321 by DrMike
Your Right Time

Today's Scripture

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9, NLT

When you’re doing the right thing but nothing is changing, let me encourage you that the right time is the best time. God can see the big picture, and He is working behind the scenes. He’s lining up the favor and arranging the breaks you need. It’s important to not only trust God, but to trust His timing. Thoughts will tell you, “It’s never going to happen,” but when you come into your right time, all the forces of darkness cannot stop what God has planned. At the right time, your harvest of blessing will come.

Now here’s the key: If there’s a right time, that means any other time is the wrong time. It takes faith and patience to see the promises. God knows what He’s doing. If it hasn’t happened yet, it hasn’t been the right time. But your right time is already on the schedule. In the waiting process, God is doing a work in you, getting you stronger, developing your character. What God is going to do is going to be bigger, better, and more fulfilling than you could imagine.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the promise that I will reap a harvest as long as I keep doing what’s right and not lose heart. Thank You that You are working behind the scenes in ways that I could never imagine. I will trust in You whether I’m seeing any signs or not, knowing that it’s going to happen at just the right time. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

COFA-Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America needs your help. COFA is looking for volunteers to help our growing ministry reach out to the unchurched outdoor enthusiast (locally and nationally). If you're retired or have extra time on your hands and can spare a few hours a week, we need you. Areas we need volunteers: Prayer team, Social media, church outreach, accounting, IT, National women's director, webpage design. If you have an interest in serving the Lord with your talents, we'd love to hear from you. You can email Leslie at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call her at 303.909.3707 or Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call him at 303.880.9878

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission, pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests. Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have immediate prayer needs, you can call Mike at 303.880.9878

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Oct 2024 08:23 #3322 by DrMike
Through Every Season

Today's Scripture

“I will be your God throughout your lifetime—until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.” Isaiah 46:4, NLT

God has grace for every season. He’s been carrying you for your whole life. When you look back, perhaps you can see how He carried you through a sickness and gave you a strength you had never felt. Or perhaps He carried you through a loss. It was painful, but deep down you felt a peace and were able to keep moving forward. Or perhaps He carried you through a challenge with your child. You should have had a nervous breakdown, and it should have caused you to give up on your dreams. But every day you had the grace to stay in faith. You believed when every thought said, “It’s never going to work out.” Here you are on the other side—blessed, healthy, and stronger than ever.

Be encouraged today. If God carried you back then, He’s going to carry you now. Whatever you’re facing may seem insurmountable, but it’s not going to defeat you. It’s not going to be too much. You’re not going to be overwhelmed. You’re being carried by the Creator of the universe.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for promising me grace for every season, and thank You for carrying me throughout my lifetime. Thank You that You made me and care about every detail of my life. I believe and declare that nothing that’s coming against me will be too much. I will overcome. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

COFA-Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America needs your help. COFA is looking for volunteers to help our growing ministry reach out to the unchurched outdoor enthusiast (locally and nationally). If you're retired or have extra time on your hands and can spare a few hours a week, we need you. Areas we need volunteers: Prayer team, Social media, church outreach, accounting, IT, National women's director, webpage design. If you have an interest in serving the Lord with your talents, we'd love to hear from you. You can email Leslie at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call her at 303.909.3707 or Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call him at 303.880.9878

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission, pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests. Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have immediate prayer needs, you can call Mike at 303.880.9878

Attachments:

08 Oct 2024 09:38 #3323 by DrMike
Push Through

Today's Scripture

She had heard the reports concerning Jesus, and she came up behind Him in the throng and touched His garment, for she kept saying, If I only touch His garments, I shall be restored to health. Mark 5:27–28, AMPC

There was a lady who had a bleeding disorder for twelve years. She had spent all her money on the best doctors but continued to get worse. Then one day she heard that Jesus was passing through her town, and her faith was awakened suddenly. She left her house determined to push through the crowds and get to Jesus. She had to push through doubts that it wouldn’t happen, push through her past that said she’d tried and it didn’t work out, push through fear that Jesus might not approve her. Despite all the opposition, she kept saying to herself, “When I get to Jesus, I will be healed.” She tapped into her great faith, reached out and touched the edge of His robe, and was healed. Jesus looked at her and said, “Daughter, your faith has made you well. I didn’t even see you. Your faith caused this miracle to happen.”

Are there blessings you’re missing, favor you’re not seeing, because you’re not stretching your faith? What do you need to press through in faith? Great faith gets God’s attention.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your presence in my life today and that my faith can push through to You and do amazing things. Thank You that I can reach out and touch You by faith. I declare that I am stretching my faith to believe in You in greater ways. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

09 Oct 2024 06:38 #3324 by DrMike
A Dangerous Trap

Today's Scripture

Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but trusting the LORD means safety. Proverbs 29:25, NLT

It is a dangerous trap to let other people’s opinions of you, whether they will approve you, determine what you do or hold you back from doing what you know you should do. It is dangerous because if you fear people, if you live to please them, you can miss your destiny. Sometimes you have to be brave and go it alone. You have to do it without the approval of the people you thought would be for you. Other people may not see what God put in you. They can’t feel what you feel. You don’t have to have their approval. You and God are a majority.

The Almighty God has shone His favor upon you. You can hear God’s voice for your life more than anyone else. Other people may confirm and encourage it, but if what they say doesn’t agree with your spirit, you need to dismiss it. Quit worrying about their opinions and get your approval from Him. Set your face like a flint and say, “God, I’m not living to please people. I’m living to please You.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I don’t have to look to someone else to tell me who I am or what I should do. Thank You that I can know Your voice and follow You whether others approve or not. I declare that my identity and value is securely in Your hands and I’m not looking to others. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

10 Oct 2024 08:30 #3325 by DrMike
An Overcomer

Today's Scripture

Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God. 1 John 5:5, NIV

Many people are not reaching their potential because their vision is limited. They’re talented and have favor, but they don’t see themselves accomplishing dreams, being blessed, living healthy. You will never rise any higher than the way you see yourself. Through your eyes of faith, you need to see yourself the way you want to be. You may be fighting an illness, but you need to see yourself healthy. If you’re struggling in your finances, you need to see yourself out of debt, with abundance, being a blessing to others. If you’re dealing with an addiction, don’t let that negative image take root. Don’t see yourself defeated or dysfunctional, as someone who “can’t break it.”

Get a new image. See yourself free. See yourself whole. See yourself as a child of the Most High God. See yourself as an overcomer, as “more than a conqueror through Him who loved us.” Your inner vision is setting the limits for your life. The pictures you keep in front of you, in your imagination, that’s what you’re moving toward.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for being my God and making me into a brand-new creation in Jesus. Thank You that I was born to overcome and see myself as free and whole. I believe and declare that I am more than a conqueror by faith, a victor and not a victim of circumstances. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

11 Oct 2024 03:45 #3326 by DrMike
The Power of Remembering

Today's Scripture

I recall the many miracles he did for me so long ago. Those wonderful deeds are constantly in my thoughts. I cannot stop thinking about them. Psalm 77:11–12, TLB

Notice that the psalmist said thoughts of God’s goodness were constantly in his mind. That’s a great way to live. When we learn to recall the good things God has done for us, it helps build our faith and keeps us encouraged. It’s hard to be negative when you are constantly thinking about God’s blessings and favor in your life. Too often, though, we remember what we should forget, and we forget what we should remember.

In the Scripture, after God miraculously stopped the Jordan River so the Israelites could cross over into the Promised Land, He told them to gather stones as a memorial of the event. He didn’t want them or their children to ever forget His faithfulness. Earlier this month, our church experienced the goodness of God in a remarkable way. When God protects you, when He intervenes in your circumstances, when He brings unexpected successes, set up those stones of remembrance. Then think of them on a regular basis. When you get this awareness of God’s goodness down inside you, your faith will grow and your joy will overflow.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for all the amazing things You’ve done in my life, for the victories You’ve helped me win, the protection You’ve given me, and favor You’ve shown. Help me set up stones of remembrance so that I will always have confidence in You and will never forget Your goodness. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

16 Oct 2024 12:07 #3327 by DrMike
You’re Not at a Disadvantage

Today's Scripture

“We even saw giants there, the descendants of Anak. Next to them we felt like grasshoppers, and that’s what they thought, too!” Numbers 13:33, NLT

When Moses sent twelve men to spy out the Promised Land, ten spies came back intimidated and afraid. They felt like grasshoppers because they didn’t understand that God will put you in situations where you’re the underdog. You don’t have the skill, the resources, the training, the connections. As the Israelites did, if you stay focused on what you don’t have, you’ll talk yourself out of what God has for you. The right approach is, “I may feel like a grasshopper, but I know that God being for me is greater than the world being against me.”

So what do you think about what you have? Are you discounting what God has given you? God has given you the talent, the courage, the skills, the looks, and the personality you need. Don’t go through life thinking you’re at a disadvantage, that you’re lacking. People may think you’re a grasshopper, but don’t underestimate yourself. Don’t talk yourself out of the greatness God put in you. You’ll be amazed at where you can go with your talent, your courage, your faith, and your determination.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are always greater than any difficulty or adversity I will ever face. Thank You that You have given me everything I need to live out Your purpose for my life. I declare that I am not a grasshopper, but I am well able to go in and take the land. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

17 Oct 2024 08:02 - 17 Oct 2024 08:03 #3328 by DrMike
Freedom

Today's Scripture

“Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32, NIV

Abraham left his home at the call of God, with the promise of His great blessing. But in his journeys in Genesis 12 and 20, he lied to Pharaoh and later to King Abimelek that his beautiful wife, Sarah, was his sister, because he feared they would kill him so they could have her. When the truth came out, Abraham was shamed by them. In Genesis 26, many years later, Abraham’s son Isaac committed the same cowardly act with his wife, Rebekah. Notice how that same negative trait was being passed down.

It’s the same way today. It can be a spirit of low self-esteem. Everyone in your family feels unworthy, not good enough, inferior. Or maybe it’s a spirit of mediocrity. No one in your family thinks they can get ahead. Do yourself a favor and get rid of that spirit. You’re made in the image of God. You have royal blood flowing through your veins. Start expecting to rise higher. Start declaring God’s promises over your life. Break that negative cycle and set your family on a new course of freedom.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have made me in Your image and that I am Your child. Thank You that Jesus has redeemed me and set me free from sin and guilt and negative traits that have been passed down to me. I declare that the forces for me are greater than the forces against me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds