Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

11 Jul 2024 07:03 - 11 Jul 2024 07:04 #3271 by DrMike
Take Possession

Today's Scripture

“But let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth.” Jeremiah 9:24, ESV

When you know your God and understand what He’s done, that He’s already defeated the enemy, that He’s taken away his power, you’ll be strong. You won’t be moved by opposition, you won’t fall apart when trouble comes, you won’t give up because somebody did you wrong. You know it can’t stop your purpose. You’ll not only have a supernatural strength, but you’ll do great exploits. You’ll take your family to a new level, break addictions that have held you back, and accomplish dreams that are bigger than you’ve imagined. Have the right perspective: Whatever enemies you face—enemies of fear, depression, sickness, or insecurity—have already been defeated.

Now, do what the Father requires. Move forward. Believe for your healing, speak victory over your children, stir up your gifts, pray some bold prayers, take steps of faith. What’s trying to stop you is defeated. The people who were holding you back have lost their influence. The power of the sickness, the addiction, or the trouble at work has been broken. It’s time to take possession of what God promised you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that whatever has tried to stop my purpose in the past has lost its grip because Your Son defeated the enemy on the cross and has brought me into freedom. Thank You that I can move forward. I declare that I will take possession of all that You have promised me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

COFA-Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America needs your help. COFA is looking for volunteers to help our growing ministry reach out to the unchurched outdoor enthusiast (locally and nationally). If you're retired or have extra time on your hands and can spare a few hours a week, we need you. Areas we need volunteers: Prayer team, Social media, church outreach, accounting, IT, National women's director, webpage design. If you have an interest in serving the Lord with your talents, we'd love to hear from you. You can email Leslie at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call her at 303.909.3707 or Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call him at 303.880.9878

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission, pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests. Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have immediate prayer needs, you can call Mike at 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jul 2024 06:41 #3272 by DrMike
The Winds and the Waves

Today's Scripture

The men were afraid that the ship would hit the sandbanks of Syrtis, so they lowered the sail and let the wind carry the ship. Acts 27:17, NCV

In Acts 27, God promised Paul that he would stand trial before Caesar in Rome, but the ship he was on was caught for fourteen days in a huge storm with hurricane-force winds. When all hope had been given up of being saved, the captain decided to stop fighting the storm, lowered the sails, and let the wind blow them. But when they shipwrecked on the island of Malta, Paul shared the good news with the islanders, and many were healed and became believers. What looked like a setback in God’s plan for Paul was actually a divine detour to move him to people in need.

While we stand against sickness, addictions, and abusive situations, there are some storms and troubles that are leading to where God wants you to go. You have to quit trying to make it work out your way. It’s a divine detour. If you fight it, you’re not going to win. What you can’t see is that trouble is transportation, moving you into your purpose, perhaps into a position to make a difference in someone else’s life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that the winds and waves that I face today cannot stop Your plan for my life. Thank You that my purpose is firmly and securely anchored in You. I believe and declare that the storms and detours cannot defeat me and are pushing me into my destiny. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

COFA-Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America needs your help. COFA is looking for volunteers to help our growing ministry reach out to the unchurched outdoor enthusiast (locally and nationally). If you're retired or have extra time on your hands and can spare a few hours a week, we need you. Areas we need volunteers: Prayer team, Social media, church outreach, accounting, IT, National women's director, webpage design. If you have an interest in serving the Lord with your talents, we'd love to hear from you. You can email Leslie at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call her at 303.909.3707 or Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call him at 303.880.9878

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission, pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests. Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have immediate prayer needs, you can call Mike at 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.859 seconds