Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

18 Jun 2024 08:15 #3261 by DrMike
In Tough Situations

Today's Scripture

“Please pay no attention, my lord, to that wicked man Nabal. He is just like his name—his name means Fool, and folly goes with him.” 1 Samuel 25:25, NIV

In 1 Samuel 25, Abigail was the wife of a cruel man who had so offended and outraged David that he and his men were on their way to kill Nabal and all his men. Abigail intervened and persuaded David that her foolish husband was not worthy of any response. She saved many lives, and she kept David from losing an everlasting dynasty through unjust vengeance.

That’s what happens when you don’t let what’s unfair, a bad situation, or a loss cause you to get discouraged and give up. What stops us many times is we have a good reason to live sour and defeated—a bad childhood, a bad relationship, the company let us go. We wouldn’t be talking about Abigail if she had used her husband as an excuse to not do the right thing. She was honoring God, being her best, a person of integrity, despite her situation. That’s a test. Don’t let an excuse keep you from your greatness. Take your stand, knowing that what tries to stop you is only setting you up for something greater.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that it’s possible to rise above very difficult situations and relationships and walk in integrity. Thank You that I can keep honoring You and overcoming what could easily cause me to live sour. I will not let an excuse keep me from my greatness. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

If You love the outdoors and would like to be a part of a growing outdoor ministry, we need your help!

COFA-Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America needs your help. We are looking for volunteers to help our growing ministry to the unchurched outdoor enthusiasts (locally and nationally). If you're retired or have extra time on your hands and can spare a few hours a week, we need you. Areas we need volunteers: Prayer team, Social media, church outreach, accounting, IT, National women's director, webpage design. If you have an interest in serving the Lord with your talents, we'd love to hear from you. You can email Leslie at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call her at 303.909.3707 or Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call him at 303.880.9878

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission, pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests. Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have immediate prayer needs, you can call Mike at 303.880.9878

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jun 2024 06:37 #3262 by DrMike
Awaken Faith

Today's Scripture

And he said to them, “Why are you afraid, O you of little faith?” Then he rose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. Matthew 8:26, ESV

We all face dreams and obstacles that seem too big for us, but God has all the power in the world. The key is our faith. God works through our faith. If you believe little, you’ll receive little. If you think small and talk small, you’ll get stuck where you are.

The Scripture talks about different levels of faith. In Matthew 8, the disciples were in a boat with Jesus when a huge storm arose and the waves swept over the boat. They woke Jesus up and cried out, “We’re about to die!” He responded, “Why do you have such little faith? You’ve seen the miracles I’ve done. You know I can do anything. Why are you still stuck at this low level of faith?” If you’re going to reach the fullness of your destiny, it’s not going to happen with weak faith, doubting faith, or average faith. It’s going to take great faith. The good news is, it’s in you, but you have to awaken your great faith. You have to dare to believe big, to take the limits off.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You bring obstacles across my path so big that only You can make it happen. Help me to be bold, to dare to believe, to dare to take some new steps of faith. I declare that I will not stay stuck at a low level of faith. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

If You love the outdoors and would like to be a part of a growing outdoor ministry, we need your help!

COFA-Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America needs your help. We are looking for volunteers to help our growing ministry to the unchurched outdoor enthusiasts (locally and nationally). If you're retired or have extra time on your hands and can spare a few hours a week, we need you. Areas we need volunteers: Prayer team, Social media, church outreach, accounting, IT, National women's director, webpage design. If you have an interest in serving the Lord with your talents, we'd love to hear from you. You can email Leslie at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call her at 303.909.3707 or Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call him at 303.880.9878

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission, pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests. Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have immediate prayer needs, you can call Mike at 303.880.9878
Attachments:

01 Jul 2024 07:42 #3263 by DrMike
Not a Lion, Like a Lion

Today's Scripture

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8, NIV

Even though our enemy was defeated when Jesus was crucified and rose from the dead, the challenge is that he makes a lot of noise, going about like a roaring lion. He’s not a lion. He can’t overpower you. He can’t control your destiny. He’s like a lion, which means he’s loud. He’ll roar negative thoughts, such as, “That sickness will be the end of you. You’ll never meet the right person. You’ve made too many mistakes. There’s nothing good in your future.” Do yourself a favor: Ignore the roar. Don’t believe his lies. When those thoughts come, just give him the zero sign. Remind him, “You have no power over me. You’ve already been defeated. Because I belong to God, I will walk in victory. I will live and not die. I will prosper and succeed. I will stay in peace in the midst of the storm.” When you know that what comes against you has already been defeated, it changes your outlook. You won’t live in fear, worried about your future, or let doubt hold you back. You’ll move forward knowing that God has already taken care of anything you face. The path has already been cleared.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that when the enemy is roaring, bombarding my thoughts with doubts and fears, I can resist him, firm in the faith. Thank You that he does not have any power over me. I declare that I will not be intimidated into backing down, and I will not believe the roar. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

02 Jul 2024 07:59 #3264 by DrMike
Is Your Soul Healthy?

Today's Scripture

Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. 3 John 2, NKJV

Ninety percent of all visits to a primary care physician are stress-related. We don’t realize how much our emotions, attitudes, and thoughts affect us physically. Today’s Scripture implies that if our soul is unhealthy, it will spill over into our physical health. If you’re living worried, bitter, guilty, and angry, those negative emotions and that negative energy poison your soul and weaken your immune system’s ability to fight off sickness. You lie in bed worrying about your finances all night, can’t sleep, then wonder why you have no energy, your blood pressure is high, and you have constant headaches. It might be related to bitterness over what someone did years ago. You can’t take in toxins and not be poisoned. If you get your soul healthy, many of the physical ailments will go away. It’s all interconnected.

Is your soul healthy? Ask God to show you anything that is causing you negative emotions, then release it to Him. When you empty out the unforgiveness, the worry, the discouragement, God will cause your soul to prosper and fill you with joy and healing.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You want both my soul and health to prosper in all things. I choose to empty out any negative emotions and attitudes so You can fill me with peace and joy. I believe that You will help me keep my soul and my body whole and healthy. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

03 Jul 2024 09:17 #3265 by DrMike
A Dead-Dog Mentality

Today's Scripture

Mephibosheth bowed to David again and said, “You are being very kind to me, your servant! And I am no better than a dead dog!” 2 Samuel 9:8, NCV

Mephibosheth was born into royalty as the grandson of King Saul. But after his father, Jonathan, and Saul were killed in battle, he was crippled in an accident and ended up living for many years in the slums of Lo-Debar, one of the poorest cities of that day. Mephibosheth let the bad breaks in his life define his identity, forgot who he was, and saw himself as no better than a dead dog. He would have lived his entire life in defeat and lack if David hadn’t brought him to live in the palace and restored all that belonged to his grandfather.

You may have been through disappointments and feel like a victim, unworthy, not valuable, undeserving, at a disadvantage. But you have to get rid of that dead-dog mentality. The King of kings is looking to bring you to the palace and restore all that belongs to you as His child. He’s coming to remind you that you have royalty in your blood and a crown of favor on your head. Start having a child-of-the-King mentality. You are worthy, valuable, forgiven, blessed, and victorious.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for being my Father and breathing Your life into me. Help me to quit believing the lies that say I am a victim and unworthy of Your blessings. I believe and declare that I am a child of the Most High God and that I’m stepping up to live in the palace. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

04 Jul 2024 06:50 #3266 by DrMike
Fresh and Green

Today's Scripture

The righteous will flourish like a palm tree, they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon; planted in the house of the LORD, they will flourish in the courts of our God. They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green. Psalm 92:12–14, NIV

If you want to stay passionate and flourishing, you have to stay productive. You have to have a reason to get out of bed in the morning. When you’re not producing, you’re not growing. When you quit being productive, you start slowly dying. Don’t let a disappointment, a hurt, or a bad break cause you to sit back in self-pity and lose your passion. Shake off what didn’t work out. Quit mourning over what you’ve lost. A full life is still in front of you. You have not danced your best dance. You have not laughed your best laugh. You have not dreamed your best dream.

Some people quit living at fifty, but we don’t bury them until they are eighty. They lost their joy and stopped enjoying life. Don’t let that be you. You may retire from your job, but don’t ever retire from life. Stay busy. Keep using your mind. Keep helping others. Volunteer at the hospital. Babysit your relatives’ children. Mentor a young person. God promises that He will bring you to a flourishing finish, not a fizzling finish.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your plans for me are for good. I may not understand everything along the way, and it may not have been fair, but I’m not going to lose my passion and stop being productive and growing. I know You’re bringing me to a flourishing finish. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

05 Jul 2024 07:04 #3267 by DrMike
The Appointed Time

Today's Scripture

“Is anything too hard for the LORD? I will return to you at the appointed time next year, and Sarah will have a son.” Genesis 18:14, NIV

It had been twenty-five years since God promised Abraham “to become a great nation,” and now at ninety years old, Sarah laughed at the seeming impossibility of having a son. God said in effect to her, “You may be doubting, and you don’t see how, but I have already set the right time.” Even though the fulfillment took far longer than they thought, at the appointed time it happened just as God said.

Whatever God has promised you, He’s already set the right time. It’s already in your future, but you have to understand that God’s timing is not our timing. On the way to your promise being fulfilled, there will be opportunities to get discouraged and give up on what you’re believing for. Don’t live with an “it’s never going to happen” mentality; live with a “right time mentality.” If you knew your right time was coming in one month, you wouldn’t waste time trying to figure it out or be worried. God doesn’t tell us when, but He promises that when the time is right, He’s going to make it happen.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I am not limited by my circumstances or seeming impossibilities. Thank You that what looks as though it’s too late to be fulfilled is not a problem for You. I believe that You have the right time, an appointed time, and that You will make it happen. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

08 Jul 2024 07:33 #3268 by DrMike
Suddenly Things Shift

Today's Scripture

“The Lord says, ‘Tomorrow about this time, a basket of fine flour will be sold for one piece of silver in the gate of Samaria. And two baskets of barley will be sold for a piece of silver.’” 2 Kings 7:1, NLV

The Syrian army had surrounded the city of Samaria, cut off the Israelites’ food and water supply. Just when it looked like the people would starve to death, the prophet Elisha spoke today’s Scripture with its promise of a sudden abundance of food and supplies. One of the main leaders replied what most of the people were thinking, “Elisha, that’s impossible. Even if God opened the windows of Heaven that couldn’t happen.” But by way of a miraculous intervention, that is exactly what happened.

You may not see how your situation could ever change. How could God reverse the trouble in your marriage or your finances? It doesn’t look possible in the natural, but God is supernatural. He has ways of reversing what looks permanent that we’ve never thought of. One touch of God’s favor and suddenly things shift in your favor, in your finances, in your children, in your health, in your relationships. This is a new day. God is doing a new thing. Don’t talk yourself out of your miracle. Be a believer and not a doubter.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the God who can do the impossible and who loves to surprise us. Thank You that one touch of Your favor can turn around what looks like it will never change. I believe that this is a new day and You are going to do more than I can imagine. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

09 Jul 2024 06:58 #3269 by DrMike
Forgiveness Will Free You

Today's Scripture

“If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.” John 20:23, NKJV

After Jesus rose from the dead, He spoke today’s Scripture to His disciples. When you retain someone’s sin, you hold on to it. God was saying that when you hold on to the wrongs people have done to you, the poison contaminates you. When you don’t forgive, the sin you retain that hurt you—that bitterness, anger, hatred, or criticalness—can produce the same results in you.

It can be very hard to forgive, especially when someone has hurt you, but you don’t have to forgive them for their sakes; you forgive for your own sake. Forgiving doesn’t mean you’re excusing anyone or lessening the offense. Forgiveness keeps their poison out of your life and takes away their power to keep hurting you. Forgiveness is about choosing to release the hurt and trust God to make it up to you, so you can claim the amazing future that awaits you. When you forgive someone, you set a prisoner free from chains of anger and bitterness. That prisoner isn’t the person who hurt you; the prisoner is you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can forgive other people of their sins and stay free from the poison it holds. Thank You that I can look to You to heal my hurts and right the wrongs done to me. I declare I won’t let bitterness, anger, or an offense have control over my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

10 Jul 2024 07:11 #3270 by DrMike
Not Another Ordinary Day

Today's Scripture

One day Jesse said to David, “Take this basket of roasted grain and these ten loaves of bread, and carry them quickly to your brothers.” 1 Samuel 17:17, NLT

On the day that David’s father told David to take a supply of food to his three brothers who were in the army and caught in a standoff with the Philistines, he thought he was just running an errand, no big deal. It seemed like it was just another ordinary day when, in fact, it was a destiny moment. In the sovereignty of God, David arrived just as Goliath came out and threatened the Israelite army. He was at the right place at the right time to become the champion of the Israelites and defeat Goliath. If he would have been three hours later, he wouldn’t have heard Goliath. If he had refused to deliver the food to brothers who didn’t appreciate him, he would have missed his destiny. God was ordering his steps, and He is ordering your steps. David’s purpose came tracking him down, and your purpose will come tracking you down. You think you’re just going to work, just taking care of the kids, when God turns it into your destiny moment and you defeat your giant.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that in the routine of my ordinary days You break in with these destiny moments that change everything. Thank You that You’re orchestrating what You’ve ordained for my life to be fulfilled. I believe that even now You’re lining up what I need. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

COFA-Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America needs your help. COFA is looking for volunteers to help our growing ministry reach out to the unchurched outdoor enthusiast (locally and nationally). If you're retired or have extra time on your hands and can spare a few hours a week, we need you. Areas we need volunteers: Prayer team, Social media, church outreach, accounting, IT, National women's director, webpage design. If you have an interest in serving the Lord with your talents, we'd love to hear from you. You can email Leslie at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call her at 303.909.3707 or Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call him at 303.880.9878

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.961 seconds